PDA

View Full Version : HOLY SHIT!!! Have You Guys Heard About This?!...I'm Buying 1...Or Maybe FOUR!

bloodrayne
03-15-2007, 10:36 AM
So...Umm...Nintendo's Patent has expired for the original NES!!!

I have 3 original NES systems and they ALL get hot and fuck up after about an hour.

Now I can play Maniac Mansion and possibly even FINISH it this time!...Oooh, I wonder where my Friday The Thirteenth game went...Hmm

It's absolutely stupid how excited I am about this...I think Dustin is in shock...HaHa

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/BloodRayne/FC_Game_Console.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/BloodRayne/ot-8008_ad2.jpg

The Yobo FC Game Console (known as the Neo Fami in Asia) is a compact Famiclone measuring just 143x147x47mm which lacking a 10NES chip can play all Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom titles. The Japanese version of the packaging refer to it as Neo-Fami and as a result it is sometimes referred to as such. Due to its small size and availability of English packaging, the FC Game Console has taken off in markets where Famiclones traditionally never sold well such as North America.

The FC Game Console (with the "USA version" marking on the box) uses two 7-pin controller ports and outputs composite NTSC video and single channel audio via phono connectors. An external power supply provides 9v 200mA DC through an ordinary power jack. Both supplied controllers feature 'slow' buttons that repeatedly pause and unpause play, simulating a slowdown, and 'turbo' buttons that provide fast repeated firing.

It's box hyperbolically boasts:

Great quality
Easy button operation
High performance
AV output
Slow & turbo function
LED light
2 controllers included

The system works with most US games, but some have reported having problems with only a few(primarily Castlevania III, Gauntlet, and Mindscape games due to chip incompatibilities). With the inclusion of the 7-pin controller ports, this allows the user to use original Nintendo controllers, light gun, and power pad with this console. The video quality of the FC Game Console is also higher than that of Nintendo's official NES 2 game console.

The 3 color choices for the US Edition are:

White top/Red bottom
Silver top/Black bottom
Indigo top/White bottom

An actual Neo-Fami (Japanese Version) accepts Famicom cartridges and won't work with NES cartridges unless you use an adapter. Fortunately, most places that sell the Neo-Fami outside of Japan include this adapter free, and they can be found easily in old NES cartridges, such as Gyromite and Stack-Up. As well, the controller ports will be standard 9-pin serial, similar to the ports on the Atari 2600.

Despare
03-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Very cool! I use emulation myself (sold my original NES to a parapalegic (sp)). You put the gerbil in the microwave...

stubbornforgey
03-15-2007, 10:48 AM
HA!!by the time NZ gets these ..
you guys will have something else like xbox 50000 or something like that.

bloodrayne
03-15-2007, 10:50 AM
You put the gerbil in the microwave...Thanks!...What about draining the pool?...That's where I kept getting stuck...You explained it before...but...uhh...yeah:o

bloodrayne
03-15-2007, 10:51 AM
HA!!by the time NZ gets these ..
you guys will have something else like xbox 50000 or something like that.
eBay...Get yours RIGHT NOW! :D

Despare
03-15-2007, 10:52 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/563438/16769

This will tell you everything you need to know... use it sparingly. ;)

Unaboner3000
03-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Not that excited (although I might pick one up anyway)....but when the Super NES is cloned and available again, I would love to play Super Mario World....love that friggin' Yoshi. :D

bloodrayne
03-15-2007, 10:56 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/563438/16769

This will tell you everything you need to know... use it sparingly. ;)HaHa...I forgot that we can actually access online help for ANY game now...Thanks...*muah*

Despare
03-15-2007, 10:58 AM
HaHa...I forgot that we can actually access online help for ANY game now...Thanks...*muah*

The ending is great. You've got to find a PC copy of Day of the Tentacle. TENTACLE LOVE!

crabapple
03-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Oh my god...you guys are a bunch of gamer video game maniacs! Oh my god! runs screaming

I have a bunch of downloadable game demos and a couple of PC game discs, but I never took it farther than that!

bloodrayne
03-26-2007, 06:34 AM
I really don't wanna buy these online...If any of you guys see them for sale in stores, let me know where, okay?

Despare
03-26-2007, 07:21 AM
I really don't wanna buy these online...If any of you guys see them for sale in stores, let me know where, okay?

I thought these were an online only type thing. Does it say they'll be selling in stores?

Phalanx
03-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Both supplied controllers feature 'slow' buttons that repeatedly pause and unpause play, simulating a slowdown,
On every system I've EVER encountered this feature, it's been stupid and annoying. Especially since most pre-64bit machines made some kind've pausing sound or another you just hear "bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling" within about 5 seconds, and the gameplay is choppy as all hell.

The fact that you'd need the carts themselves would stop me from bothering with this. I've already got pretty much any NES and SNES game I'd ever want, they work fine with my pc controllers, and look fine too...I mean shit, at least they could release some game packs with it or something...

The Mothman
03-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Oh my god...you guys are a bunch of gamer video game maniacs! Oh my god! runs screaming

I have a bunch of downloadable game demos and a couple of PC game discs, but I never took it farther than that!

i have over 100 PC games sitting around in my house.