PDA

View Full Version : Meh... just an idea...

novadawn969
02-26-2007, 07:29 AM
So I'm taking a web design class, and the final is that I have to create my own website... Fun. :DOnly problem is that I don't know what I want to do with it... So here I am at my favorite site, after many months of not being here, to ask your opinion. I only need something interesting that I can delete after the semester ends. I don't even plan on publishing it.

I know I haven't been here for a while, but my idiotic school had this site filtered as "tasteless" and I couldn't get on. The proxy I was using wouldn't allow me to post. grr... They recently changed to a different filter, and so I just cheaked if HDC was still blocked... Good news. You all get to put up with my sarcastic and civil remarks... :p

Anywho... Ideas on the website would be awesome. I am very much aware of your creative and unique personalities... that which I lack at the moment. I guess bording school just sucks the life out of me...

Thanks. :D

monalisa
02-26-2007, 08:37 AM
So I'm taking a web design class, and the final is that I have to create my own website... Fun. :DOnly problem is that I don't know what I want to do with it... So here I am at my favorite site, after many months of not being here, to ask your opinion. I only need something interesting that I can delete after the semester ends. I don't even plan on publishing it.

I know I haven't been here for a while, but my idiotic school had this site filtered as "tasteless" and I couldn't get on. The proxy I was using wouldn't allow me to post. grr... They recently changed to a different filter, and so I just cheaked if HDC was still blocked... Good news. You all get to put up with my sarcastic and civil remarks... :p

Anywho... Ideas on the website would be awesome. I am very much aware of your creative and unique personalities... that which I lack at the moment. I guess bording school just sucks the life out of me...

Thanks. :D

Tasteless?!?!?! hmmmmph, the nerve of them. :p

I, of course, have to suggest that you do a website dedicated to Otis. :) Something with Poe's works is a good idea too. Or you could do one on the old horror classics, maybe something on remakes too. Or do they consider all horror to be "tastless" ? (grrrr)

novadawn969
02-26-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm liking these suggestions, but should I base the entire site on one theme? I still need the layout of the site also. Should I do a furum type site? HDC inspires me; but is that the path I should follow?

novadawn969
02-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Well, use ur imagination, but if thats where u wanna go with it, these ideas r a good start. I think classic as well as personal ideas mixed would be a good basis. try to mix it up a bit.

Yes, well, I just hope poor little Mr. Canine won't have a heart attack from my vulgerness... I'm going to have to design everything myself, so if anyone wants a part in my final grade, it would be appreciated... :P
I want to see what they do when an "good girl" like me turns in the final project...

monalisa
02-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Well there's a lot of talented (and twisted) people here that can probably help! I'll think on it and let you know what other ideas I come up with.

Is this just a basic website, or can you have Java or other things for animation?

novadawn969
02-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Well there's a lot of talented (and twisted) people here that can probably help! I'll think on it and let you know what other ideas I come up with.

Is this just a basic website, or can you have Java or other things for animation?

Well, whoever wants in is free to add whatever they wish, but I think he'll accuse me of cheating if I use something as advanced as Java. It is but a begging web design class. I'm pretty sure I can manipulate him to let me though, without the accusation of cheating... I'll let you know.

novadawn969
02-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Oh and Rif, you are most welcome to help. :p

novadawn969
02-26-2007, 12:59 PM
A few facts that would be helpful to know:

I'm going to post links as I go, once I get started of course.

I have to mainly use Dreamweaver, Flash, and Fireworks...

and lastly, I have to create my own logo to put on the page.

Have a nice day! :p

The_Return
02-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Yeah, this place is blocked at my school, too. I used to be able to get in through the Googe cache, but they caught onto that and blocked it too:p

novadawn969
02-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah, this place is blocked at my school, too. I used to be able to get in through the Googe cache, but they caught onto that and blocked it too:p

When you have access to a computer that doesn't have a filter, google 'free web proxy' go to one or more of the sites, while in the site, copy the URL, then email them to yourself. While you're at school, copy the URL from your email and paste it. That way the proxy won't be blocked if you do it right. Try to find the proxys with the least amount of flaws. Oh, and don't forget to delete your history. If you don't, the school will find it and block it. Beware of crappy proxys. Some won't let you post. Have fun!!!

I should post this as a seperate thread titled "for people who are so addicted to HDC, they need to get on at school."

:p

novadawn969
05-10-2007, 04:29 PM
So, I know it's been forever scince I've mentioned this, but the site has gone in a completely different direction. The horror topic will only be a small percentage like 5%.
The site is going to be called "The Dorm Bible"
I was inspired by the fact that living at boarding school sucks.
In it there will be a forum, faq, a 'recommended movies to bring and hide' section, and a whole lot of reading material.
Mostly about how to scare the piss out of freshmen, a 'how-to' on doing things and not getting caught (or how to get expelled the quickest), and a lot of tips.
It'll be interesting.
I'm only doing some of it for my project.
The parts we don't was teachers to know will be added after I leave this stupid school.
My friend Jon is helping me.
Kinda his idea.
<3