PDA

View Full Version : Nervous Breakdowns aren't as fun as they say

The STE
02-22-2007, 08:35 PM
So, last night I was feeling kinda draggy, so instead of writing I went to bed. Then this morning I woke up and still felt kinda off, but I shrugged it off and went on to class. Shrugging it off didn't work, and by the time I was on my second class things had just started going horribly wrong. I tried to sleep through the class, but instead I just rocked back and forth in my seat trying to keep from going into hysterics. I seriously though I was gonna burst into tears in the middle of class. That just wasn't cool at all. I managed to get home and get to my room before completely freaking out. I've calmed down for the most part, but I still feel like shit (although I've felt like shit for months, so that's nothing new).

Hopefully this is just a one-time deal, cause I dunno if I could handle this happening too often.

Phalanx
02-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Go get some antidepressants before you kill yourself.

The STE
02-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm not gonna kill myself, there's no guarantee that being dead would be any better. Suicide is for whiners and people with terminal Inside-Out-Ass-Cancer type diseases

Phalanx
02-22-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm not gonna kill myself
No no, not saying you are...just that if you're gonna, get some antidepressants before, 'cos yknow, after wouldn't work...

odelisk
02-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Antidepressants aren't always a good solution. How old are you? the problem is that antidepressants boost serotonin production to very high levels, which helps you to feel good while you are taking them. The problem is that if you want to get off them, you're brain often will not be able to reproduce the serotonin production without the pills. This can lead to you feeling WAY worse and way more depressed after you stop taking the pills. There are other viable ways to combat depression. Also, we don't know what the long term affects are yet... If you want to look into them, go ahead, but I would recommend this only as a last resort.

The STE
02-22-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm 20

filler text

odelisk
02-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm 20

filler text

Have you tried meditation? I'm not kidding, either. Studies of regular daily meditation have shown a spike in NATURAL serontonin levels along with improvements in confidence, well being, ability to focus and mental acuity, among many other benefits. I'd suggest looking into some meditation cd's that offer sound wave technology to bring your brain into a deep alpha or theta tape. Doing 20 minutes a day of this and mixing with visualizations has worked wonders for me.

The STE
02-22-2007, 10:03 PM
I dunno if I could find 20 minutes to sit and meditate. I mean, yeah, right now I'm sitting around on a message board, but I've got writing I'm doing. And I've got school stuff and a g/f to see and other writing to do. I could spend some of the time I use for sleep for meditation, but I have enough sleeping troubles as it is.

Anywho, I'm not gonna even think about anti-depressants until I've gotten tested for diabetes. I've been showing symptoms, and one symptom can cause mania (the same one that's possibly been causing my lethargy).

stubbornforgey
02-23-2007, 06:21 AM
So, last night I was feeling kinda draggy, so instead of writing I went to bed. Then this morning I woke up and still felt kinda off, but I shrugged it off and went on to class. Shrugging it off didn't work, and by the time I was on my second class things had just started going horribly wrong. I tried to sleep through the class, but instead I just rocked back and forth in my seat trying to keep from going into hysterics. I seriously though I was gonna burst into tears in the middle of class. That just wasn't cool at all. I managed to get home and get to my room before completely freaking out. I've calmed down for the most part, but I still feel like shit (although I've felt like shit for months, so that's nothing new).

Hopefully this is just a one-time deal, cause I dunno if I could handle this happening too often.

I hope things get better for you..
No this is not funny at all ..to say the least.
Its kinda weird how sometime in everybodies life..we all feel the effects of
this disorder.
Your still young and if life is going to effect you at this age..then just think how its going to fuck with you when you get older..
Find out the cause and have it dealt with now before it takes you over completely.
'heres a hug'..get well soon ok :)

ferretchucker
02-23-2007, 06:37 AM
I once just started running around my house making weird noises and screaming, smashing things up. It was because my favourite dog who was so cool had just died. I agree, they're not fun at all.

ferretchucker
02-23-2007, 06:42 AM
you seem too obsesed with drugs...

Marley's Ghost
02-23-2007, 08:03 AM
sounds like a simple case
of an anxiety attack
scary at first
but soon to normal you'll be back

Gus
02-23-2007, 08:44 AM

take yourass to the emergency room, you probably have the bird flu.

Papillon Noir
02-23-2007, 10:03 AM
It sounds like you may have depression and what you had in class was definitely an anxiety attack. The not sleeping well is also a sign of depression along with not feeling like doing anything and crying, and a bunch of other symptoms.

There are a lot more people that have depression that even realize that they do or get treated for it. While Meditation is good, when you have depression you are too depressed to do anything like that or even realize how to get yourself out of depressed because you just feel that bad.

Go talk to your doctor. Tell him or her what's going on and they will best be able to treat you. They will also give you a physical and test for diabetes and thyroid and all that.

I know there is a lot of stigma for people taking antidepresents and they don't put "too much seratonin" into your brain. Antidepresents (specifically SSRI's which are typically that kind that are prescriped) inhibit the reuptake of serotonin in your brain. As a result, the serotonin stays in the synaptic gap longer than it normally would, and has the chance to be recognized again (and again) by the receptors of the recipient cell, which can finally be stimulated fully which would otherwise be lacking. Antidepressents don't just make you "happy" they make you feel like not everything is crap and you feel a lot more balanced and "normal".

To sum it up--go see your doctor.

Posher778
02-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Its no big deal, I get those. Its mostly stress related anxiety. Parents+ school+ life+ stupid people+ corruption in society+ whatever= me shaking wildly and goiong insane.

ferretchucker
02-23-2007, 12:23 PM
like I said over in that other thread, make a list of the good things and look at them, it works, i know.

GorePhobia
02-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey Sam,

Hope you feel better man. There was times where I had some breakdowns and shit. It has to do with stress and shit in your life. If you just take some time out of your busy schedule for some you time it will change a lot. I have seen a lot of shit like this with myself and also my brother. He has two kids and one he barely sees, he goes through a lot of shit with his ex wife and working sixty hours a week. He took a weeks vacation from work and got a lot better after that. Do things you love to keep you happy and pre-occupied so your not going nuts.

That's all I can think of right now man. Hope it works for you and feel better man.

See ya.

GoRe aka Jon

ferretchucker
02-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Just don't make a habit of it and become EMO.

odelisk
02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Just don't make a habit of it and become EMO.

What is EMO?

The STE
02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
http://www.oleswanson.com/images/emo.jpg
Emo Phillips, he's a weird comedian guy

odelisk
02-23-2007, 01:37 PM
http://www.oleswanson.com/images/emo.jpg
Emo Phillips, he's a weird comedian guy
Haha. That's the first fucking thing that I thought of when the other dude said that...

odelisk
02-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Emo USED to be a term describing emotionally charged punk rock.

Now it's a trend where boys dress in girls clothes, put their hair in their face, and act depressed in order to attract girls... it's fucking retarded.

Is this for real? I've never heard of this. How would dressing in women's clothes attract women?

Posher778
02-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Emo USED to be a term describing emotionally charged punk rock.

Now it's a trend where boys dress in girls clothes, put their hair in their face, and act depressed in order to attract girls... it's fucking retarded.

Yes yes we know. Everything is retarded except for what you like:rolleyes:

Miss Olivia
02-25-2007, 08:01 PM
I had a nervous breakdown about a week ago, and ended up in the emergency room getting a shot of Valium in the ass that would have knocked out an elephant.
Fortunately, that seems to have cleared out my system. I think a little blow off is sometimes necessary to prevent more serious mental complications. It cleaned me out, and I really needed that.

pinkerton
02-25-2007, 08:05 PM
I had a nervous breakdown about a week ago, and ended up in the emergency room getting a shot of Valium in the ass that would have knocked out an elephant.
Fortunately, that seems to have cleared out my system. I think a little blow off is sometimes necessary to prevent more serious mental complications. It cleaned me out, and I really needed that.

If I knew what god to pray to I would for you.Keep your chin up, you are a beautiful girl who needs no praise from the net.You are an attractive girl with what seems like a great personality.Don't let a doper take that from you,you ARE BETTER.

ferretchucker
02-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Emo's are usually depressed, they like bands like MCR and have a half fringe covering one eye most of the time. They do dress in other genders clothes but only accesory wise. Not like dresses and that. They usually wear heavy eye make up and have pale faces.