PDA

View Full Version : The Messengers

Master
02-04-2007, 07:55 PM
I just saw a commercial for this one and it looks like complete shit. Has anyone seen it?

Roderick Usher
02-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Haven't seen it, but tit won the weekend box office - which is good for all of us. The more money horror movies make, the more of them get made.

Of course there will be more bad ones as well, but we still have hope that the good ones will leak through.

Master
02-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Haven't seen it, but tit won the weekend box office - which is good for all of us. The more money horror movies make, the more of them get made.

Of course there will be more bad ones as well, but we still have hope that the good ones will leak through.

I saw that it was number one and I have to agree with you. It looks a bit too "boogeyman-ish" to me with far too much CGI, plus it's rated PG-13. I'm looking forward to seeing some good horror in the upcoming year (I hope). Anyway, this one reminds me a bit of "Darkness" which was mediocre, in my opinion.

can't get enough gore
02-06-2007, 01:17 PM

if its made by sam raimi(spiderman,evil dead) it cant be that bad can it????

joshaube
02-06-2007, 01:22 PM
It wasn't made by Sam Raimi.
It was produced (funded) by Sam Raimi.
Otherwise he had no connection; and yes... it is terrible

Directed by
Oxide Pang Chun
Danny Pang

Writing credits (WGA)
Mark Wheaton (screenplay)
Todd Farmer (story)

Roderick Usher
02-06-2007, 01:34 PM
if its made by sam raimi(spiderman,evil dead) it cant be that bad can it????

it's really strange how he makes such wonderfully entertaining films, yet produces such lame PG13 dreck. I know he has a rather profound love of cheese (Xena, Hercules, etc) but I'm constantly surprised that he doesn't exert a little more creative controll over product with his name on it.

can't get enough gore
02-06-2007, 01:36 PM
it's really strange how he makes such wonderfully entertaining films, yet produces such lame PG13 dreck. I know he has a rather profound love of cheese (Xena, Hercules, etc) but I'm constantly surprised that he doesn't exert a little more creative controll over product with his name on it.

thats what i was trying to say...i thought if it had something to do with sam than it must be good...i must be wrong:(

The_Return
02-06-2007, 04:48 PM
thats what i was trying to say...i thought if it had something to do with sam than it must be good...i must be wrong:(

Boogeyman, anyone?

I have no faith in Ghost House...just cause Sam is involved to some extent does not mean they make much of anything worth watching.

Amalthea_unicorn
02-06-2007, 11:50 PM
I had hoped for an R rating!

a mccuaig
02-07-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm sick of so called horror movies being PG-13. Lame! Unless of course, it's more suspense, like hitchcock. The Messengers looks like a movie I could make in my attic. I have lots of ghosts up there.