PDA

View Full Version : Another remake: "Cannibal Holocaust"

phantomstranger
02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Relevant to Recreate Cannibal Holocaust
Source: Variety
February 2, 2007

Relevant Entertainment has acquired rights to and will remake the 1980 cult horror film Cannibal Holocaust, says Variety. It is aiming for a summer start.

The original film, directed by Italian helmer Ruggero Deodato, has been banned in dozens of countries due to its gore and violence. The film centers on a professor traveling to South America to find out what happened to a film crew that disappeared while shooting a documentary about reputed cannibal tribes. He eventually discovers the remains of the crew and several reels of undeveloped film, which show the disastrous consequences of the crew's decision to provoke the natives.

Deodato shot the pic in documentary style and was jailed briefly after the Italian premiere until he could prove the actors were unharmed.

Relevant is in pre-production on Haunting in Connecticut for Gold Circle/Lionsgate and is developing The Tortoise and the Hippo for Walden Media and Pledged for Paramount.

can't get enough gore
02-02-2007, 01:35 PM
is the original good???? i guess i will see the remake...another movie i have to see....where can i buy the movie???

Hate_Breeder
02-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Man.

Its apparent originality has escaped through the window.

Although it might be decent..im pretty sure it wont surpass the original.

Curious as to how they will re-create some of the gore scenes. As long as it isnt CGI, the film might make a couple bucks.

Spec7ral
02-02-2007, 09:43 PM
someone should just make this a sticky at some point

The Flayed One
02-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Someone needs to be fucking punched. Why? Why would you remake Cannibal Holocaust? I can't stand it.

alicefan
02-03-2007, 04:00 PM
i wonder if the remake will be as shocking as the original was, i doubt it

can't get enough gore
02-13-2007, 08:09 AM
could someone please tell me where i can buy this????

The Flayed One
02-13-2007, 09:03 AM
could someone please tell me where i can buy this????

You can get the nice, 2disc unrated edition from DeepDiscountDVD for around $20. Plus, they always ship free!

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5747015

bloodrayne
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
The funny thing is, the original was banned and was considered to be sooo shocking, horrifying and aberrant at the time it was made, but it's pretty tame by today's standards...I'm betting the remake will have WAY more gore, sex and nudity in general, yet will hardly even cause a stir...

VampiricClown
09-06-2007, 05:30 PM
You have to be fucking kidding me...A remake of Cannibal Holocaust!? Who in their right mind would even remake something like this?? The only reason it even has a title today is because of the controversy because the animal killing was real and the rape scenes. This was a stupid movie to start with, and a remake will be even worse.

bloodrayne
09-06-2007, 05:36 PM
You have to be fucking kidding me...A remake of Cannibal Holocaust!? Who in their right mind would even remake something like this?? The only reason it even has a title today is because of the controversy because the animal killing was real and the rape scenes. This was a stupid movie to start with, and a remake will be even worse.Actually, Cannibal Ferox was kinda like a remake of Cannibal Holocaust...It was done one year later, and is almost the same thing...

VampiricClown
09-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Actually, Cannibal Ferox was kinda like a remake of Cannibal Holocaust...It was done one year later, and is almost the same thing...

I haven't heard much about that one. Was it as bad as CH? Animal killings or anything?

Dante'sInferno
09-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Hollywood has gone tap-dancing fucking retarded.

bloodrayne
09-06-2007, 06:00 PM
I haven't heard much about that one. Was it as bad as CH? Animal killings or anything?
Umberto Lenzi did this one...

The cannibals killed, cooked and ate a big turtle...A little anteater was killed by a snake, a monkey was eaten by a tiger...I THINK the cannibals killed a monkey, too...There was no rape, only attempted...and much less sex and nudity (I said LESS, not 'NO') and no 'pole impalement' scene...The human kill scenes were FAR better (in my opinion), and the gore/special effects were better, too (in MY opinion)...The storyline was mediocre, but so was the storyline for Cannibal Holocaust...Still, Cannibal Ferox has more OF a storyline than Cannibal Holocaust :)

I actually liked it better than Cannibal Holocaust:o ...But, I'm a Lenzi fan, too...

bloodrayne
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
i wonder if the remake will be as shocking as the original was, i doubt it
It really wouldn't be that difficult considering the original was HARDLY 'shocking'...I mean seriously, if you've seen a few horror movies, and especially some movies with some gore in them, Cannibal Holocaust isn't very different...