PDA

View Full Version : when you want to clear your head

stubbornforgey
11-23-2006, 06:07 PM
what do you do..??

i attended our seniors last assembly
handed out thier leaving certs...
drove my car home and went for a 1 mile walk ..each way.
My heads still not cleared but em tired as hell :o

pinkfloyd45769
11-23-2006, 06:10 PM
I hope everything is ok, i have the same problem. I'm such a nervous person too!

stubbornforgey
11-23-2006, 06:16 PM
I hope everything is ok, i have the same problem. I'm such a nervous person too!

aw man!!
em not a nervous person..
just not having a good week thats all..
It should clear by the end of the weekend ..HOPEFULLY :o

pinkfloyd45769
11-23-2006, 06:18 PM
I hope it does! I usually talk to my mom about my problems, i go nuts if i don't get it of my chest and have some advice or a shoulder if i need it.

neverending
11-23-2006, 08:22 PM
I listen to music.

Phalanx
11-23-2006, 08:50 PM
I've notices riding laps around the park on my mountainbike is good for clearing ones head...well, of any thoughts that "surround" you anyways, nothing but the ride and lap count tend to be going around in your head...it's a monotonous repetetive simple task, the automation of your actions tend to switch your mind onto that kind of overall mode...I suppose this could work with other types of excersize...when I'm doing reps, there's a similar effect, but I think the bike riding works a little better, for me anyhows.

Deep breathing...in through the nose, held a little, out through the mouth, eyes closed all the while. Sitting up straight...When I'm doing this, I put my finger/thumb tips together with those on the opposite hands, and feel my pulse. The deep breathing can actually slow your pulse too. I focus on that sensation, and the repetetive action, and that tends to work too.

There's a big sports oval quite near to me, on top of a uphill walk...me and the chick have went up there late nights, and just lying on your back on the open grassy earth, breathing deep, looking up at the stars with nothing in the way of your view, the cold night air, the silence of all but breathing and occasional talking...gets me really relaxed, I'll just look from star to star, and find that sometimes I've spend quite an amount of time just drifting like that....relaxing, and mind clearing.

Long hot showers.

I think anything that lets you focus on a relaxing, repetetive, uncomplex sensation (cue the bad jokes) helps clear the mind...I think burning a little weed might help some people better attain that in combination with said activities, but it's not neccessary...I've done it both ways, both works.

Spallalala
11-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Getting stoned, having a lonnnnnng shower, drinkin tea, chillin to music, breathing in very fresh cold air.

urgeok
11-24-2006, 01:18 AM
i sleep.

if i'm at work - i listen to 70's 'comfort music'

Haunted
11-24-2006, 04:46 AM
writing and meditation

stubbornforgey
11-24-2006, 06:38 AM
i sleep.

if i'm at work - i listen to 70's 'comfort music'

yeah..i find this to be very soothing too..

urgeok
11-24-2006, 06:45 AM
sleep is the best - no matter whats bothering me i can always sleep it off.

i never get more than 6 hours a night - but it seems to be all i need.

stubbornforgey
11-24-2006, 06:54 AM
sleep is the best - no matter whats bothering me i can always sleep it off.

i never get more than 6 hours a night - but it seems to be all i need.

this ..i cannot do..
i toss and turn and wiggle all over the bed.
I end up by walking outside and sitting by the pool
or taking an early morning swim.
Jamas and all sometimes..:o