PDA

View Full Version : Movies that make you feel dirty

bwind22
10-26-2006, 05:00 AM
You know what I'm talking about. The movies you watch, they might be good or they may just suck ass, but for one reason or another they make you feel very dirty after you watch them. I'll list off a few that come to mind for me to get the ball rolling...

Bad Lieutenant
Cannibal Holocaust
Requiem for a Dream
Storytelling
Crash
Last House on the Left

Now... I don't hate any of those films. They are all pretty decent pieces of art, BUT they still made me feel very dirty on the inside after I got done with them. In fact, after Cannibal Holocaust, my wife, my buddy, and I decided to pop in Finding Nemo just to try to even ourselves out a bit....

Anyways, what are some other movies that have had this effect on people?

_____V_____
10-26-2006, 05:13 AM
I Spit on your Grave and Irreversible.

instantly come to mind...

bwind22
10-26-2006, 05:15 AM
I still haven't been able to track down I Spit on your Grave yet but I already have Irreversible queued up at about #3 on Netflix right now.

urgeok
10-26-2006, 05:25 AM
I still haven't been able to track down I Spit on your Grave yet but I already have Irreversible queued up at about #3 on Netflix right now.

last house on the left had me feeling far dirtier than I Spit..

bwind22
10-26-2006, 05:33 AM
Oh well, shit... I aint worried then.

But, if you can't tell from my list, I don't really like rape scenes. I suppose I could throw 'Kids' on that list too.

_____V_____
10-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Back in the late 90s, I saw a TV movie called Child of Rage.

Not sure if anyone else has seen it or heard of it, but it concerned a family who adopt 2 children, a boy and a girl, and the girl is subject to fits of fury and rage and sadism, generally behaving like a homicidal maniac. They try to cure her through a shrink who tells em that the girl had grown up abused and molested by her real father. The shrink and the family then put her through therapy or something...so the story continues.

After I had finished seeing that one, I felt like a pile of dogshit. I remember not being able to sleep that night.

noctuary
10-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Lilya 4-Ever. I felt that the world was truly a horrible place after seeing this film.

The Mothman
10-26-2006, 08:16 AM
nothing has really made me feel dirty before a while ago. Last House On The Left just didnt do it for me. However, Irreversible made me feel filthy.

doctor satan
10-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Men behind the sun. Only watched it once & it was on Ebay the very next day.

Miss Olivia
10-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Naked Lunch for sure....all the bug stuff made me queasy.
Requiem for a Dream was mentioned, and that movie made me have the same feeling, especially during the last ten minutes of the movie...
Troll 2. No explanation needed.
Saving Private Ryan gave me a hard time for the rest of the day after the first time I saw it.....so did Schindler's List and We Were Soldiers. War movies usually have some kind of effect.
American History X.
Akira.
I like most of them, but the feeling they put out is uncomfortable for sure.

alkytrio666
10-26-2006, 10:25 AM
It's gotta be Last House on the Left.

That loss of innocence is so sickening.

And then, of course, Nekromantik. Yuck.

the_real_linda
10-26-2006, 10:59 AM
i find watching rape scenes make me feel like men are dirty

The Demeter
10-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Mmmm, I love those movies that make you feel like you've been wrapped in a warm dirty blanket on a cold day...

ManchestrMorgue
10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Scrapbook made me feel dirty. I can't think of anything redeeming about that film.

the_real_linda
10-26-2006, 12:22 PM
so why do we watch them........hmmmmmm:confused:

kpropain
10-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Last House On The Left
Kids
Cannibal Holocaust
Cannibal Ferox
I Spit On Your Grave (as Urge said not as bad as Last House but it's still pretty disturbing)

Parts of Saving Private Ryan, The knife scene and the scene where Giovanni Ribisi's charachter dies...I have to agree with Miss Olivia, war movies disturb me sometimes to (even though I have a huge interest in war history, especially WWII... kinda wierd)

Platoon - When Sgt. Barnes shoots the VC mother in the head and her family is watching...And the part where Charlie Sheen walks up on the guys raping that little girl...

Casualties Of War...another vietnam war film that's just full of disturbing scenes...

Hamburger Hill was a pretty disturbing film as well...

And we all know about Full Metal Jacket, as great of a part as R. Lee. Ermey played as Gunnery Sgt. Hartman, the playing on the mind of Private Pyle, is just disturbing.

Combat Shock, that whole movie is just FUCKED UP!!!!!

kpropain
10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Also forgot to add Ransom with Mel Gibson, something about bad things happening to kids just disturbs me really bad...

Also House On The Edge Of The Park, with David Hess (Krug in Last House) that was a pretty fucked up film as well...

AmericanManiac
10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Sooner or later someones going to be a ass and say it "Houston 500" :p J/K
I would have to agree with a couple people on here and have to go with The Last House on the left. I also do not take rape scenes very well, and I think the writers of the movie see that. It terrifies us audience, and that's what the horror genre is suppossed to do. Everytime I do see one of these though I get sick to my stomach, the worst one I would have to say came from the twisted mind of Rob Zombie in The Devils Rejects with the barrel of the gun in front of her husband :eek: I literally almost lost everything that was in my stomach!

monalisa
10-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Well, this will be a surprise to everyone. :rolleyes: :p

The Devil's Rejects, because it left me with a crush on a psychotic, murdering, necrophiliac, rapist. Can't help it, Otis is sexy.

the_real_linda
10-26-2006, 12:52 PM
he is way sexy....not in house of 1000 corpses tho.......just in rejects....with ice cream on his nose......hmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

AmericanManiac
10-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Well, this will be a surprise to everyone. :rolleyes: :p

The Devil's Rejects, because it left me with a crush on a psychotic, murdering, necrophiliac, rapist. Can't help it, Otis is sexy.

I said this before, he is a very SEXY BITCH !

monalisa
10-26-2006, 01:47 PM
I said this before, he is a very SEXY BITCH !

And it's still my favorite movie. Yumyumyum. :D

@the_real_linda I agree. Although I saw Rejects first, so I already had a crush on Otis when I saw 1000 Corpes, which made him more appealing than if I had seen 1000 Corpes first.

Spec7ral
10-26-2006, 02:02 PM
i can't believe no one has mentioned Funny Games, that one is pretty intense. My GF refused to watch the end of Cannibal Holocaust and she is usually a pretty good sport even tho shes not a huge horror buff. Now when people come over and ask what the grossest movie i have is she goes off on a tangeant about it, and she never even saw the end!!1 Sometimes I put on the title them and blasst it just to piss her off. Weird thing about that song is how its sort of beautiful but the movie is just the opposite. I bought I SPit on your Grave recently, it was sort of offensive but it wasn't as bad as I had expected/hoped (my GF laughed during a rape scene in that movie :eek: which was probably the most distressing bit of the whole viewing ).The one flick i am really bent on getting my hands on is Salo. Supposed the director was killed for making it due to how offensive it is. Irreversible has the one scene, thats about it. I think that movie is amazing just for how real they make the fire extinguisher scene look. I also want to see/buy the mondo cane box set.

zwoti
10-26-2006, 02:21 PM
i can't believe no one has mentioned Funny Games, that one is pretty intense. My GF refused to watch the end of Cannibal Holocaust and she is usually a pretty good sport even tho shes not a huge horror buff. Now when people come over and ask what the grossest movie i have is she goes off on a tangeant about it, and she never even saw the end!!1 Sometimes I put on the title them and blasst it just to piss her off. Weird thing about that song is how its sort of beautiful but the movie is just the opposite. I bought I SPit on your Grave recently, it was sort of offensive but it wasn't as bad as I had expected/hoped (my GF laughed during a rape scene in that movie :eek: which was probably the most distressing bit of the whole viewing ).The one flick i am really bent on getting my hands on is Salo. Supposed the director was killed for making it due to how offensive it is. Irreversible has the one scene, thats about it. I think that movie is amazing just for how real they make the fire extinguisher scene look. I also want to see/buy the mondo cane box set.

funny games was good, hopefully the american remake won't suck too much

as for salo, pasolini's death was more likely due to mafia/corrupt officials of the time

the_real_linda
10-26-2006, 02:46 PM
but the end of canibal holocaust is the best.....its sooooooo good to see the documentary crew get killed......it made me feel like their was some justice left in this world....

oh and my mom bought devils rejects and afterwards i pointed out that that was the second film (i hadnt seen house yet but i knew) so i went out and bought it.....she still loves devils better as do i probably cause we watched them in a backwards order too........wer'e both otis lovers.......hmmmmm i think im gonna go down stairs and get the dvd to watch (she loves the film so much she refuses to let me have them....even tho rejects is hers but she stole house of 1000 corpses off me too....RUDENESS)

Zero
10-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Irreversible. . . I took a long shower after that one and still felt like i'd been through hell. the rape scene is the most horrific thing i've seen on film . . .maybe ever

brilliant film - but painful as hell to watch

Roderick Usher
10-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Domino

Tony Scott

nuff said

kpropain
10-26-2006, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=bigloader;496395 Also, my buddy rented "Gilligan's Bi-land" thinking that it would be all chicks in the "Bi" category and that wasn't the case, so that went off and got thrown out the window pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

I bet you shot a load watching that one...:rolleyes: