PDA

View Full Version : The "What Order" Thread

VampiricClown
10-25-2006, 07:19 AM
This is the thread you post in when you get a bunch of new movies, and you aren't sure which one to watch first. Give people some ideas. And also give your opinion on the films.

I'll start:

Imprint
Feast
An American Haunting (Saw this in theaters, didn't like it so much)
Slither
Black Cadillac
From Dusk Till Dawn 2
From Dusk Till Dawn 3
Session 9

ShankS
10-25-2006, 08:08 AM
I can never decide which ones to watch first, "this one, or that one" "leave the best till last, watch the one's I think I'd be least interested in first" so no advice from me I'm affraid. I can list some I've still got to watch.

The Constant Gardener
The Crow
Sling Blade
Dust Devil
Saw II
Crank
Feast
The Omen 2006
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

AmericanManiac
10-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Pick me Up
Dance of the Dead
Itchie (sp)
An American Haunting
Monster House
TCM 2
Black Christmas
those are from the past two days.

For you I suggest watching Imprint first ! It will make you sick to your stomach !

Roderick Usher
10-25-2006, 08:14 AM
VC

watch Session 9 first. It's creepy and amospheric and really well acted and directed

Then Imprint - aslo creepy & atmospheric, questionable acting, but disturbing as hell

Then whatever in the middle and finish strong with Feast then Slither (these two should be watched back-to-back in this order. Feast is fun, Slither is Hilarious.

Roderick Usher
10-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Shanks

You have to watch Sling Blade! Watch it now!

Three Burials is great, Constant Gardner is good, but the directing is a little heavy handed

You'll forget the Omen 666 as soon as you see it and the Crow is a really good time...

bloodrayne
10-25-2006, 08:42 AM
We always just watch ours starting with the ones that we think might not be so great....Worst to Best...Always saving what we believe might be the 'best' for last...Of course, we HAVE been fooled before

I think you can appreciate the 'not so great ones' a lot more, if you watch them BEFORE a really good one...Because if you watch them AFTER a good one, they become pretty much intolerable

At the moment, we have WAY too many that we haven't watched yet, sitting in a pile in my bedroom, and we're obtaining more every day...I couldn't possibly list them all here

Despare
10-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Feast
Black Cadillac
Imprint
An American Haunting
Session 9
From Dusk Till Dawn 2
From Dusk Till Dawn 3
Slither

VampiricClown
10-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks everyone. I am going to get started tonight.

I can't wait to finally be slowed down enough to watch a movie again. :)

urgeok
10-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Shanks

well Gaad Damn !

there's something we can agree on .. its my all time favorite film.

and a nice companion to The Apostle

AmericanManiac
10-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks everyone. I am going to get started tonight.

I can't wait to finally be slowed down enough to watch a movie again. :)

Stop going to them satanic rituals you devil worshiper, and you may have time for a flick :D

VampiricClown
10-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Stop going to them satanic rituals you devil worshiper, and you may have time for a flick :D

Haha, no ritiuals here. Simply going out of town and trying to spend as much time as I can with my girlfriend before she goes back to Germany in about 5 weeks. :( She won't be back for 2 years.

ShankS
10-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Shanks

Three Burials is great, Constant Gardner is good, but the directing is a little heavy handed

You'll forget the Omen 666 as soon as you see it and the Crow is a really good time...

well Gaad Damn !

there's something we can agree on .. its my all time favorite film.

and a nice companion to The Apostle

I'll watch Sling Blade this evening :) maybe Omen later on just in case I start nodding off, don't want to break up a decent film.

urgeok
10-25-2006, 11:31 AM
where did you get dust devil ? i cant find that movie anywhere !

kpropain
10-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Shanks def. watch Sling Blade, as Urge said it's a great movie and def. in my top list of films...

stygianwitch
10-25-2006, 11:51 AM

If you've got multi region player... you can get it from here

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/903031/-/Product.html?searchstring=dust+devil&searchsource=0

urgeok
10-25-2006, 11:53 AM
cool thanks -

ShankS
10-25-2006, 02:07 PM

here, 5 disc version is the one you want... The Final Cut http://www2.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=386961

Watch Sling Blade this evening, absolute brilliance.

urgeok
10-25-2006, 03:04 PM
here, 5 disc version is the one you want... The Final Cut http://www2.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=386961

Watch Sling Blade this evening, absolute brilliance.

glad you liked it ...

now try to find the Apostle (Robert Duvall)

it works nicely with SlingBlade