PDA

View Full Version : The "Last Thing You Sold/What Are You Selling?" Thread

_____V_____
10-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Meh...the idea for this thread came when the wife came flying in and gave me a verbal blast for idling my time in front of the computer, instead of sorting through my DVDs and taking out the ones which I ve purchased more than once accidentally. :o

There are plenty of em. Most of em I bought off yard sales and bargain bin dumps without bothering to check if I already had em before. Now I gotta arrange for a yard sale myself or something...maybe by the beach after Halloween. There are posters, mags, bumperstickers, DVDs, games, toys, autographs etc. etc. Geez she is right, I m a litter-bug when it comes to my room.:p

So, what have you all been selling or have sold recently? It could be anything, from cabbages to king's crowns, from bottle-caps to computers. Lets have em!

_____V_____
10-24-2006, 10:23 PM
my wife on ebay.

Musta gone real cheap. :rolleyes:

crabapple
10-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Monster magazines, and Zombie Baby dolls...truly, the bringers of human happiness!

_____V_____
10-24-2006, 10:31 PM
fuck i got too dvds plus a mint that had lint on it...good deal dont you think?

EXCELLENT deal IMO. She was worth all that eh?

:D

_____V_____
10-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Monster magazines, and Zombie Baby dolls...truly, the bringers of human happiness!

for how much crab? you can specify $$s too no prob. That way the rest of us can have an idea of the cost.

_____V_____
10-24-2006, 10:34 PM
well no but dont tell the sucker that got her that ok?

LOL...ok. Congrads on hittin 2000 posts with that one, too. ;)

Disease
10-25-2006, 12:08 AM
I bought a bottle of red wine on the way home

_____V_____
10-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Its actually a selling/sold thread, not buying.

Anyway...you all can mention the items which you have decided to sell too...either on ebay or amazon or the like...post a link and mention the price etc.

I m sure all of us keep selling a lot of random stuff online also. This could be a good way to interact with other HDC members to see if they would want to buy any of the good shit posted in here too. :)

stinking_dylan
10-25-2006, 01:00 AM
I've just been selling stuff off, mostly chinese editions or cheap uk editions. So far;

dark water
the eye
inugami
kakashi
st johns wort
versus
suicide circle

to go;
uzumaki
butterfly and sword
phantasm 2
specters
maybe scrapbook

urgeok
10-25-2006, 01:57 AM
man i used to sell a ton of books on ebay ...
i started by selling a couple to see what would happen and they went for some good money so i got hooked..

I was picking up books in thrift stores and garage sales cheap and selling for a good buck .. making over 10 X the initial investment.

That was when my son was la baby - he went to bed at 6:00pm and there was a lot of free time.

now that he's older i dont do it anymore - havent for a couple of years .. gave away/donated a whole double garage full of books.

it was a lot of work but i kind of miss it - it was pretty cool when you were selling something and near the end of the auction the bidding wars started ..

Geddy
10-25-2006, 02:04 AM
I sold a couple Xbox games last week.

ShankS
10-25-2006, 02:12 AM
I've not sold any possessions my entire life so far, I think. I've given a few things away. I was planning to sell a car a few years ago, but driving home from work one morning, some idiotic bread lorry driver decided to go into the back of me. I'd just pulled away from some lights doing about 5mph. The car was written off so it was scrapped and I got the insurance payout.

AmericanManiac
10-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, TCM, some other movies on ebay.

Zero
10-25-2006, 08:45 AM
selling? my soul, one measly paycheck at a time

_____V_____
10-25-2006, 08:52 AM
try ebay.

You ll be surprised at what you get in return.

:D

Zero
10-25-2006, 08:55 AM
hmm, one slightly used monkey soul. . . that should bring me a fortune! i might even throw in a copy of Incredible Hulk 181 as a bonus!!

_____V_____
10-25-2006, 08:59 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ownership-of-Human-Soul-Ben-Bloomers-Soul_W0QQitemZ160044363932QQihZ006QQcategoryZ88433 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Zero
10-25-2006, 09:02 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ownership-of-Human-Soul-Ben-Bloomers-Soul_W0QQitemZ160044363932QQihZ006QQcategoryZ88433 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i would bid on that if the ten-gallon cowboy hat was included!

urgeok
10-25-2006, 09:52 AM
i like how he wont ship outside the USA..

his soul's paper certificate isnt worth sending to canada.

this is pretty stale - been done before ..

maybe its the 1st time a guy in a cowboy hat did it.

crabapple
10-25-2006, 10:00 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ZOMBIE-BABY-LIVING-DEAD-HORROR-REBORN-DOLL-OOAK_W0QQitemZ250042450730QQihZ015QQcategoryZ48921 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Look at this thing...it's got a low low starting price, folks. I lose a lot of fucking money if I sell it that low, because these suckers are expensive for me to build! But I can't say it like that on the Ebay ad because they don't like it when I swear. But this thing's starting price is really fucking low! Do you understand my meaning?

urgeok
10-25-2006, 10:07 AM
looks like everyone's selling their souls these days :p

_____V_____
10-25-2006, 05:47 PM
looks like everyone's selling their souls these days :p

there are 3-4 like that on ebay. Got nothing else to pawn...heh...

meh...I m planning the yard sale earlier than usual. Probably wont have much time once I complete re-doing my bedroom. Once thats over, most of the lot I ve separated are definitely going.

I ll miss em though...:(

_____V_____
10-26-2006, 04:13 AM
I went for a job interview last week. The ad only said "sales" and when I got to the interview I found out that they wanted me to sell male enhancement pumps along with herbal male "enhancers". I laughed my ass off.

gee...I wonder why...:rolleyes:

_____V_____
10-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Sold some DVDs to a friend today at $1 each. He bought 18 of em and insisted I threw in my Chewbacca T-Shirt too. I love that shirt, but damn, its gotten old too, and I ve been thinking of getting a new one soon. He walked away a very happy man.

good-bye Chewbacca...:(

Roderick Usher
10-26-2006, 07:42 PM
my dignity

...fucking Hollywood

urgeok
10-26-2006, 08:56 PM
how much did you get for it ?

Phalanx
10-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Sold a gram o' skunk, few days back.
Er, sold some old dvds and cds a few weeks prior.
I don't really sell much stuff, although sometimes think about ebaying random shit around my place like toenail clippings, empty deodorant cans, and stale noodles, just to see what they'd go for.

Elvis_Christ
10-26-2006, 09:33 PM
I was picking up books in thrift stores and garage sales cheap and selling for a good buck .. making over 10 X the initial investment.

it was a lot of work but i kind of miss it - it was pretty cool when you were selling something and near the end of the auction the bidding wars started ..

I got into that with vinyl. I met a bunch of weirdos that almost put me off records haha :) Strange wee community of rekid geeks out there (don't get me wrong there's a bunch of cool cats into the shit but there's also some truely twisted drooling pyschos). A bunch of the NZ stores have caught up so now 50c LPs are $5.... $20 ones are about $60. I loved buying LPs because you'd strike shit cheaper than CDs now its almost the opposite.

Last thing I sold was my collection of Marvel Legends toys.... apart from the Sentinel (Minus a leg which comes with the Angel figure).

X¤MurderDoll¤X
10-26-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't collect junk so I have nothing to sell. ;)

Elvis_Christ
10-26-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't collect junk so I have nothing to sell. ;)

Stopped selling stolen library books irl then?

X¤MurderDoll¤X
10-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Stopped selling stolen library books irl then?

LOL

fucktencharacterrule

_____V_____
10-27-2006, 01:56 AM
how much did you get for it ?

$20 overall.

He wanted some collectible toys too, but since I havent finished cleaning em up yet, I told him to come later today. He's very keen for the Star Trek shit. I thought it would stay till my planned sale next week, but if he really wants it, he can have it tho.