PDA

View Full Version : Funny how...

Phalanx
10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
...some people always try to prove a point by doing the same thing themselves...hardly effective.

Spallalala
10-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Yes once again HDC has turned into shit again. OMG...People in here really need to grow the fuck up and stop with all the childish shit . Can any of you actually have a normal conversation without adding something sexual to it.

Fucking sad.

bwind22
10-18-2006, 01:03 AM
What are you guys talking about? I feel lost.

Spallalala
10-18-2006, 01:09 AM
What are you guys talking about? I feel lost.

It should be pretty obvious after spending about a minute in the general forum.

Smackytherabbit
10-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Reminder.....
your are on a forum that is based on the taping(or written) of graphic killing. Which, when it comes down to it, is a basic human instinct. But even before i mention death, need i mention the process of living? How is that immature or "childish shit" as one person said, to be any part of this process?

Spallalala
10-18-2006, 01:39 AM
Reminder.....
your are on a forum that is based on the taping(or written) of graphic killing. Which, when it comes down to it, is a basic human instinct. But even before i mention death, need i mention the process of living? How is that immature or "childish shit" as one person said, to be any part of this process?

I thought it was a general horror forum. But again..Someone in here gets something wrong. Maybe you should reply when you know what the fuck your talking about.

Smackytherabbit
10-18-2006, 02:08 AM
I thought it was a general horror forum. But again..Someone in here gets something wrong. Maybe you should reply when you know what the fuck your talking about.

nice.........

Phalanx
10-18-2006, 02:35 AM
Well, you did kinda jump in without much of a relevant point, and with what seems to be a pretty warped view of this place (and those that post here)...When you do that, you can't really expect the best reception, can you?
To those that don't understand the thread content, I was essentially referring to the amount of stupid, pointless threads made by (I don't mind naming names) ocmdave primarily among others...then, there's threads of the same nature made by people who would seem think that the best way to protest war is evidently killing people. So any chance of a good thread (which are few and fucking far between) to actually survive without being avalanched by all this attention seeking BULLSHIT is rather minimal...the girl posted her thoughts on the matter.
So yeah...point is it's a little tiresome watching everyone play "lets be fucking idiots", and I think that even if someone had the idea to make a half decent thread anymore, they'd likely not bother.
Suggestion? Why don't the three of you main offenders (the other two know who they are) start up a "stupid bullshit" thread, and anytime you feel the need to say something funny/something YOU think is funny, anyhow, or anything laden with immature sexual innuendo, or...maybe just anything at all, (because god knows I haven't seen a post worth SHIT from you people in some time) go throw it in there, huh?
There's really only so far you can take a bad joke.

Zero
10-18-2006, 03:29 AM
well - since my threads are always spot-on relevant i'm above this kind of criticism. . . :rolleyes:
but, i'm having a bit of trouble seeing the harm. so omcd and urge are in a war to develop the most pointless threads - its just the latest trend and all the kids are doing it. my point is its one of those silly little trends around here that'll stop soon. what do we want instead - another dozen tournaments about "best weapon to kill a sorority girl of ALL TIME" or "best weapon to kill a sorority girl of the 80s" - Now, i have no thing against the tourneys, but we all agreed about a month or so ago that there were too many damn tournaments - so now there are too many damn irrelvant threads.

the big question is: what's a relevant thread in general forum? and when are there too many of one type of thread?

The Flayed One
10-18-2006, 03:34 AM
"best weapon to kill a sorority girl of ALL TIME" or "best weapon to kill a sorority girl of the 80s"

Well, it's the wrong thread, but thank you for the suggestions for the next HDC Top 100 list. I'll amit that the volume this morning is a tad annoying. I do however enjoy having one decent pointless thread hanging around. I'm plenty of guilty of posting a few myself, such as letting people know that I'm eating saurkraut and drinking gin whilst surfing the boards.

I'm sure it will pass with time.

Zero
10-18-2006, 03:39 AM
Well, it's the wrong thread, but thank you for the suggestions for the next HDC Top 100 list. I'll amit that the volume this morning is a tad annoying. I do however enjoy having one decent pointless thread hanging around. I'm plenty of guilty of posting a few myself, such as letting people know that I'm eating saurkraut and drinking gin whilst surfing the boards.

I'm sure it will pass with time.

my point exactly - and don't get me wrong the tourneys are great and sometimes when i just can't get the energy to tangle with the psycho-emotional relational nonsense around here or muster the energy to find something funny to write the tourneys are the one consistent way to keep involved.

but, we seem to always get to a point where some type of thread is too much - its just the nature of groups - something always goes too far and then we pull back and do something else (until IT goes too far)

swiss tony
10-18-2006, 04:07 AM
i've only been on this site a few weeks but already i can tell that the general discussion area isn't the place to read anything of substance in relation to horror movies (generally speaking). i joined to get interesting and informative feedback on movies past and present. i don't think you can stop people posting b.s! you should just ignore the threads you hate and and create ones you want.

Angra
10-18-2006, 04:18 AM
Well, you did kinda jump in without much of a relevant point, and with what seems to be a pretty warped view of this place (and those that post here)...When you do that, you can't really expect the best reception, can you?
To those that don't understand the thread content, I was essentially referring to the amount of stupid, pointless threads made by (I don't mind naming names) ocmdave primarily among others...then, there's threads of the same nature made by people who would seem think that the best way to protest war is evidently killing people. So any chance of a good thread (which are few and fucking far between) to actually survive without being avalanched by all this attention seeking BULLSHIT is rather minimal...the girl posted her thoughts on the matter.
So yeah...point is it's a little tiresome watching everyone play "lets be fucking idiots", and I think that even if someone had the idea to make a half decent thread anymore, they'd likely not bother.
Suggestion? Why don't the three of you main offenders (the other two know who they are) start up a "stupid bullshit" thread, and anytime you feel the need to say something funny/something YOU think is funny, anyhow, or anything laden with immature sexual innuendo, or...maybe just anything at all, (because god knows I haven't seen a post worth SHIT from you people in some time) go throw it in there, huh?
There's really only so far you can take a bad joke.

I have to fully agree with Phalanx.

I´m too old for this shit..

swiss tony
10-18-2006, 04:45 AM
Reminder.....

lol. i look forward to watching the slasher movie they make based on your life story. i thought horror was tongue in cheek. this guy is way too serious, not to mention weird

_____V_____
10-18-2006, 05:03 AM
I think Urge was in a thread-making spree yesterday because he was being heavily sarcastic of omc's thread-creating...thats all...

(never seen Urge make so many threads in one day before this)

As for omc, well...he's having some fun...

Regarding everyone's opinion of him...to each their own though. Half would say he's brought some life into the General forum, other half would say he's annoying and pestering...

Zero
10-18-2006, 07:16 AM
I have to fully agree with Phalanx.

I´m too old for this shit..

bah - pour some scotch in your maalox and get down with the hip kids. . . .old people - sheesh!

:D

ItsAlive75
10-18-2006, 07:23 AM
I just ignore the things I don't like... I don't scream at them.

Nikkif8
10-18-2006, 07:30 AM
I think it's funny everyone is so worked up over this. Any forum I have ever been on, the general forum is full of nonesense, which can be fun. The rest of the forum has specific titles for what you may be looking for. If you don't like the threads in general why bother going in??? ANd then to just bitch about it. If you want to post what you consider worth while threads put them in the corresponding thread title/section.

Angra
10-18-2006, 07:40 AM
I think it's funny everyone is so worked up over this. Any forum I have ever been on, the general forum is full of nonesense, which can be fun. The rest of the forum has specific titles for what you may be looking for. If you don't like the threads in general why bother going in??? ANd then to just bitch about it. If you want to post what you consider worth while threads put them in the corresponding thread title/section.

U know, just because it´s a general forum it doesn´t mean that every thread in here has to be below returded.

But when a new brainlame thread is being made every 10 minutes now, nobody is going to bother making a somewhat clever thread just to see it disappear to page 2 within an hour. U know what i´m saying?

Angra
10-18-2006, 07:42 AM
I just ignore the things I don't like... I don't scream at them.

And that´s why we never hear from u anymore!! :mad:

Nikkif8
10-18-2006, 08:00 AM
U know, just because it´s a general forum it doesn´t mean that every thread in here has to be below returded.

But when a new brainlame thread is being made every 10 minutes now, nobody is going to bother making a somewhat clever thread just to see it disappear to page 2 within an hour. U know what i´m saying?

I see what you are all saying, I just don't see why it has to be such a controversy. Anyhow..... I didn't mean to cause any tension by my omcdave king thread, It was a joke and supposed to be fun. All in all I think people should take more time anyway to go more pages than just stay on page 1.

Vodstok
10-18-2006, 08:22 AM
HI FLOOR! Make me a sammich!
Sandwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwi ches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!S andwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!

Levity,people, levity.... Life is hard, dark and unhappy. Here, things can be funny. Horror can be funny, as long as the heads getting cut off are fake.

My fine Aussie friends... You know out of everyone here i probably love you more than anyone else. Try this, it is both horrific and insanely funny. i did it once when i worked in a produce store and i had people screaming, it was a riot.

Put a strawberry and a cherry or two in your hand, making sure that they are completely covered (so no one knows what you have). Call over som epoor unsuspecting schmucks (1 person will work, but it is best with a crowd). Tell them you found a mouse (or something else small and cute) and ask if they want to see it. When they say yes, start to open your hand, then clamp it shut with all o fyour strength, causing the fruit to explode with red juice (the cherry makes it look blood red) and yell "OW! The little fucker bit me!"

I did this to about 6 people and almost made them piss themselves. i almost cried i was laughing so hard.

Angra
10-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Sandwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwi ches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!S andwiches!Sandwiches!Sandwiches!

Levity,people, levity.... Life is hard, dark and unhappy. Here, things can be funny. Horror can be funny, as long as the heads getting cut off are fake.

My fine Aussie friends... You know out of everyone here i probably love you more than anyone else. Try this, it is both horrific and insanely funny. i did it once when i worked in a produce store and i had people screaming, it was a riot.

Put a strawberry and a cherry or two in your hand, making sure that they are completely covered (so no one knows what you have). Call over som epoor unsuspecting schmucks (1 person will work, but it is best with a crowd). Tell them you found a mouse (or something else small and cute) and ask if they want to see it. When they say yes, start to open your hand, then clamp it shut with all o fyour strength, causing the fruit to explode with red juice (the cherry makes it look blood red) and yell "OW! The little fucker bit me!"

I did this to about 6 people and almost made them piss themselves. i almost cried i was laughing so hard.

Ssshhhhhhhhh!!...... They´re sleeping over there. ;)

hitman3005
10-18-2006, 08:54 AM
I think we need urge and omc in here to weigh in on this:p :D

Despare
10-18-2006, 09:05 AM
You click on a thread, see it contains nothing but trite bullshit, you leave. You don't have to respond or be pissed off that somebody made a stupid thread. Hell, you see a thread made by somebody that does nothing but make threads consisting of pointless drivel then don't even click on it. If we gave everybody a megaphone told them to go out onto the sidewalk and begin to talk you don't think every discussion would be wrought with meaning and intellectualism do you?

Angra
10-18-2006, 09:15 AM
You click on a thread, see it contains nothing but trite bullshit, you leave. You don't have to respond or be pissed off that somebody made a stupid thread. Hell, you see a thread made by somebody that does nothing but make threads consisting of pointless drivel then don't even click on it. If we gave everybody a megaphone told them to go out onto the sidewalk and begin to talk you don't think every discussion would be wrought with meaning and intellectualism do you?

"U know, just because it´s a general forum it doesn´t mean that every thread in here has to be below returded.

But when a new brainlame thread is being made every 10 minutes now, nobody is going to bother making a somewhat clever thread just to see it disappear to page 2 within an hour. U know what i´m saying?"

That´s why it bothers me.

Zero
10-18-2006, 09:25 AM
You click on a thread, see it contains nothing but trite bullshit, you leave.

makes you wonder why anyone stays??:eek:

Nikkif8
10-18-2006, 09:26 AM
I participate in some, so I'm to blame as well. :( Altho most of my trite bullshit is meant to be funny.

I think anyones BS threads is meant to be funny

Despare
10-18-2006, 09:27 AM

"U know, just because it´s a general forum it doesn´t mean that every thread in here has to be below returded.

But when a new brainlame thread is being made every 10 minutes now, nobody is going to bother making a somewhat clever thread just to see it disappear to page 2 within an hour. U know what i´m saying?"

That´s why it bothers me.

I understand where you're coming from but being fans of horror and movies in general we're all accustomed to digging through the trash to find a real gem right?

And sometimes irreverence is fun.

Vodstok
10-18-2006, 09:32 AM

Cmon people! It really works!

evildemontoo
10-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Oh for god's sake people. Grow up. If you don't like a thread don't click on it, and if you don't see what you like take the extra millisecond and click on page two. This site is FREE people, if you don't like what you see, MOVE ON.

_____V_____
10-18-2006, 09:59 AM
well i like people ...and like to talk to people ...and that is why i make threads. the threads i make are ones people can relate to and have fun with. if people did not like my threads they would not talk on them. but most do.

that about sums it up...from his point of view...

Angra
10-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Seriously.

How many people in here turns through the pages to find threads to respond to??

I´ll bet most members never looks further than page 1.

But i think Urge has stated just fine that NO thread in the General Forum can be too inane for people to post in it... :rolleyes:

Zero
10-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Oh for god's sake people. Grow up. If you don't like a thread don't click on it, and if you don't see what you like take the extra millisecond and click on page two. This site is FREE people, if you don't like what you see, MOVE ON.

i don't want to grow up. . . i'm a toys 'r' us kid. . . er, monkey

Vodstok
10-18-2006, 11:09 AM
NOW IT"S TIME TO SING THE DOOM SONG!
Doom doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.

BudMan
10-18-2006, 11:13 AM
NOW IT"S TIME TO SING THE DOOM SONG!
Doom doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.doom doom doom. doom doom doom. doom doom. doom doom doom doom doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom. doom doom. doom. doom. doom.

Nice beat....but a little repetitive.

Vodstok
10-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Nice beat....but a little repetitive.
Have a listen:)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=80z-F2liafU&mode=related&search=

The Flayed One
10-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Well, as I stated before, I'm not getting down on it. I'm guilty of making an inane thread or two. I think the problem being stated here is, when there are so many of them being made in so little time, that the people who want to post something a little more serious or thought provoking get a little frustrated. For instace, I remembered AmericanManiacs thread about looking for a Night of the Living Dead hoodie. I finally got around to finding it 4 days later, and his thread was kicked all the way to page 4. That's about 70 threads that bumped his in 4 days. I can almost guarantee that it was gone from the first page in the first day.

Whoever said it was right as well, I bet a good majority of the members here don't look much further past page one unless they are looking for a thread they responded to that has been bumped.

All that being said, I enjoy some of the mindless threads and enjoy getting a little goofy posting in them. I'm down wit teh buttsecks, lawlz. What people are getting at is that when you have two or three or four or ten threads going that are already silly and goofy and about nothing in general, another could probably wait until a few of them are retired.

Nikkif8
10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
I just wanted to add, not to minimize what you all are saying because I do agree and admit guilt, but another forum I am on for avid gun lovers/shooters, in the general forum threads get moved back sooooooooooo fast, way faster than here. It's a huge forum with lots of members and constantly very busy. WIthin the matter of an hour a thread that was on page 1 will be bumped to page 10 no problem. I'm just saying this cause maybe we should be more grateful that we have a smaller tightknit thread here for those reasons. When I first joined HDC I thought it was so slow and kinda lame, though I knew it was a really awesome forum, obvious why I stick around, you can find anything you want here in opinions of good and bad.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
10-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Yes once again HDC has turned into shit again. OMG...People in here really need to grow the fuck up and stop with all the childish shit . Can any of you actually have a normal conversation without adding something sexual to it.

Fucking sad.

If you don't like it, there's the door hun. ;)

ItsAlive75
10-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Let me add some civility to this...

Dingleberries...

X¤MurderDoll¤X
10-18-2006, 09:46 PM
way to keep this bad boy on the first page, IA. :rolleyes:

ItsAlive75
10-18-2006, 09:47 PM
way to keep this bad boy on the first page, IA. :rolleyes:

Don't give two shits, I wanted to type it.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
10-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Don't give two shits, I wanted to type it.

hahaha

fucktencharacterrule

p.s no friendly hello huh? ;)

ItsAlive75
10-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Tell me about it, now I can't unnecessarily up my post count by posting meaningless, one word responses... now they gotta be like, three or four words... sucks.

Angra
10-19-2006, 04:10 AM
Tell me about it, now I can't unnecessarily up my post count by posting meaningless, one word responses... now they gotta be like, three or four words... sucks.

Agreed. :mad:

Zero
10-19-2006, 04:14 AM

or by just quoting other people - my life here is over!

_____V_____
10-19-2006, 04:32 AM
All bow down to the mighty Horror...

the all-powerful...King of the HDC...

the Ignoramus...the PaininYaButt...

HORRORRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

:rolleyes: