PDA

View Full Version : seriously......

ENTITY2000
10-16-2006, 11:49 PM
i am almost afraid to ask this question, but when you were a newbie, (meaning the first time you ever had a convo with horror.com people) who intimidated you the most? there were a couple for me , but their names shall go to the grave with me! (pride) some of you might have came in and owned this bitch but i'm sure some of you didn't!

X¤MurderDoll¤X
10-16-2006, 11:51 PM
nobody. ;)

ENTITY2000
10-16-2006, 11:54 PM
cool!!!!!:D

bwind22
10-17-2006, 12:13 AM
I am curious... Why would you be intimidated by a stranger online? I thought Evisceration was an asshole when I arrived, but I wasn't intimidated by him (or anyone else for that matter.) I just thought he was a dick and ignored him until he got banned a little while later.

Angra
10-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Hmm.... Maybe 42ndStreetfreak a little, because he didn´t seem to have any sense of humor and seemed to take horror movies waaaay to serious..

Just didn´t like to get into a conversation with this dude.

Freak
10-17-2006, 12:25 AM
When I first joind I got alot of static for being a newbie but now I feel right at home.

Spallalala
10-17-2006, 12:52 AM
I was treated like a what they call normal person haha..Never had any shit slung upon me until certain members had a tantrum, not that that was really serious. :rolleyes:

urgeok
10-17-2006, 01:59 AM
i am almost afraid to ask this question, but when you were a newbie, (meaning the first time you ever had a convo with horror.com people) who intimidated you the most? there were a couple for me , but their names shall go to the grave with me! (pride) some of you might have came in and owned this bitch but i'm sure some of you didn't!

no one at all

urgeok
10-17-2006, 01:59 AM
nobody. ;)

hey !:) :) :)

ShankS
10-17-2006, 04:17 AM
Stingy 'King of long Posts' Jack used to scare me with those paragraphs of his. Was like reading a novel.

Vodstok
10-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Stingy 'King of long Posts' Jack used to scare me with those paragraphs of his. Was like reading a novel.

I miss him, he was a great guy. My writer buddy in spirit before Rod got here. I wasnt intimidated by anyone, but i was kind of nervous that i was going to get shit on becvause i basically came here to pimp my website (http://scaredyet.net... In case you were curious ;)). but i decided to try making some friends first, before i began the pimping.. Kind of set a standard in that regard, i think :)

It just felt rude to show up, post an add and say "HEY, COME HERE AND CHECK OUT MY SITE!!!!" when i knew that if i had seen the same thing i would ignore it.

It has worked out well so far. At one point, when i had a forum i think i got up to 50 members at one point..

urgeok
10-17-2006, 06:30 AM
not long after i first joined i got into a scrap with some long time member ..
a lot of them i just thought were 'dicks in a clique'

one benefit with advanced age is that you dont get intimidated in real life - let alone online with a bunch of strangers.

other than that - if you join a forum and act like a decent citizen .. people dont really have a lot of shit to give you - and if they try they usually look like the asshole - and will know it.

even since i joined i've matured as far as forums go - i wont fight with anyone.. i'll discuss ... but thats it.
if i'm right - i dont need to prove it to anyone. If I'm wrong - i'll freely admit it.

hitman3005
10-17-2006, 06:32 AM
No one intimidated me. But Slasherman made me sad when he put me on ignore for mentioning the movie May one too many times...the pic of the movie poster probably didn't help either!:p

urgeok
10-17-2006, 06:38 AM
No one intimidated me. But Slasherman made me sad when he put me on ignore for mentioning the movie May one too many times...the pic of the movie poster probably didn't help either!:p

he has two passions .. hating MAy
and spammers.

i dont know if he even gives 2 shits about anything else in the world.

to each his own i guess

Vodstok
10-17-2006, 07:20 AM
heh, urge... Only here or in a high school is being in your 40s considered "advanced age".

It's funny, how can you really be "intimidated" by people on a forum? I think it comes down to acceptance. People hate rejection, no matter how meaningless. but,t he older you get, the less important other people's opinions become. Usually.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
10-17-2006, 07:35 AM
hey !:) :) :)

what's new? :D

ENTITY2000
10-17-2006, 07:51 AM
well when i got here newb bashing was the "IN" thing, nothing like todays
actually there is no newb bashing at all!

X¤MurderDoll¤X
10-17-2006, 07:59 AM
yeah, I never did like the idea of bashing someone because they're new. Bash the stupid people. ;)

urgeok
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
what's new? :D

lots !

how about you - still have the bartending gig ?

urgeok
10-17-2006, 10:03 AM
yeah, I never did like the idea of bashing someone because they're new. Bash the stupid people. ;)

i never understood the hazing bit ..

so what if people are new to the forum ... several of the 'regular' people on HDC act like they're noobs in real life.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
lots !

how about you - still have the bartending gig ?

yup it really is the PERFECT job for me. Great hours, Great pay, and I work with people who are even more cynical than I am.

I never would have guessed that I love making drinks for people. I used to love cooking things for people until I realized I couldn't cook to save my life so I stopped. Well let me tell you, I rock hard at making drinks haha. I never have to ask how to make drinks, I'm totally pro. :cool:

urgeok
10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
yup it really is the PERFECT job for me. Great hours, Great pay, and I work with people who are even more cynical than I am.

I never would have guessed that I love making drinks for people. I used to love cooking things for people until I realized I couldn't cook to save my life so I stopped. Well let me tell you, I rock hard at making drinks haha. I never have to ask how to make drinks, I'm totally pro. :cool:

been there for a while too ... you must be a good fit to the place

Roderick Usher
10-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Been here just over 2 months (still sort of a newb) and everyone's been cool to me - so far:)

murderdoll - used to sling drinks myself. pretty addictive lifestyle - easy cash in the pocket, free drinks, defacto social life - good gig if you can get it.

The Flayed One
10-17-2006, 10:45 AM
I think most people were drink slingers at one time or another. I loved it, but I was drunk 24/7 for what seemed like 3 years. (I loved that, too!)

urgeok
10-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Been here just over 2 months (still sort of a newb) and everyone's been cool to me - so far:)

yeah... to your face ...:D

Miss Olivia
10-17-2006, 10:49 AM
The best part about bartending (besides the money) is not having to grit your teeth and be nice to assholes, like you do in waitressing. You can tell them to fuck off and die, or get out and don't come back. The customers usually need you more than you need them.

slasherman
10-17-2006, 01:12 PM
he has two passions .. hating MAy
and spammers.

i dont know if he even gives 2 shits about anything else in the world.

to each his own i guess

if you quote hitman3005 I can see what he write...:( ..can the mod change that.. ? I want the ignore to work in quotes too...