PDA

View Full Version : Eggs

alkytrio666
10-11-2006, 03:08 PM
How do you like 'em?

Scrambled? Poached? Fried? Cracked over someone's head? Raw?

I'm a "Toad in the Hole" fan myself:

http://static.flickr.com/49/140523348_e03d8c2da3_m.jpg

Otherwise, fried.

So let's get this "eggs"cellent thread started! Woohoo!

The_Return
10-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Omlettes are amazing...Ham, Broccoli, Cheese...to die for.

Roderick Usher
10-11-2006, 03:15 PM
I like 'em Benedict style - poached, on ham (maybe some spinach) and an English muffin and covered with hollandaise

or

soft boiled

or

scrambled with onion, sausage, cheese and salsa in a breakfast burrito

or

scotch egg - hard boiled, wrapped in sausage, deepfried and served on a stick

or

deviled:D

I like eggs.

neverending
10-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Fried egg sandwiches are really good.

Elvis_Christ
10-11-2006, 03:50 PM
You are what you eat haha

:)

urgeok
10-11-2006, 04:13 PM
scrambled - nothing in them .. with salt pepper and HP sauce.
also hard boiled eggs .. i love peeling them .. its like a weird fetish.

The_Return
10-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Ever try scrambled eggs with fresh squeezed orange juice over them?

I tried it by accident one time (Spilled some juice, heh)....eat them like that as much as possible now. Sounds sick, but it's damn good.

urgeok
10-11-2006, 04:20 PM
i used to try to 'fancify' them scrambled eggs.

tried grated cheese, sauces, veggies ...

in the end i just made a mess - even when people do a better job - i just prefer plain. obviously - not an omelette fan.

there used to be these things you could buy - these little ceramic things called egg coddlers i think .. you'd soft boil an egg, add spices and meat, etc ...

too damn much work for me but they were tasty

JP500
10-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Bacon And Eggs!!!!!!!!!!

crabapple
10-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Over medium well...yolks just slightly gelatinous...with a little bacon on the side.

alkytrio666
10-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Mmmm...baconnn...

By the way- my mom collects egg cups...you know, the ones that hold soft-boiled eggs. Well anyway, she has like a trillion of the suckers.

hellfire1
10-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Over medium well...yolks just slightly gelatinous...with a little bacon on the side.

ooh i like them like that too... i like to dip my fries in the yolk when it's like that.

i'm hungry :(

Phalanx
10-11-2006, 05:23 PM
There's a few...lots of culinary uses for eggs, in fact, more than a LOT of things.
But, for "eggs", here goes.

I like eggs florentine, if I've the time to properly make it...just recently did some, my own version....turned out pretty well.

Other than that, I like to throw about 3 eggs into a frypan, and do a light turning scramble, making sure not to mix/blend the white and yolks very much at all, I like the contrast when it's cooked...also, I don't add milk, and only do them for about a minute on a very hot pan, so the textue is something between the normal scrambles you'd get at a diner, and a soft boiled.

If I fry an egg, I like it sunny side up until the very end, cooked in a very hot pan, in olive oil...it crisps up the sides really well. then I flip it and let it cook for like 10 seconds. You end up with crispy outsides and a nice runny inside.
I'll serve that with either
a: a little dark soy and chopped chives/spring onions, some chilli.
b: on lightly (real) buttered toast alongside some lightly grilled tomato slices just seared with rosemary and pepper.

I'm not really big on boiled eggs.

Phalanx
10-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Forgot, Occasionally, I'll blend fresh eggs and ginger into fresh orange juice. Super good for you.

evildemontoo
10-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Over easy with a side of crisp bacon, rye toast, and grits.

ENTITY2000
10-11-2006, 08:09 PM
i like my eggs over medium, and hard boiled:D