PDA

View Full Version : The Coolest Little Halloween Skeletons.

crabapple
10-10-2006, 02:13 PM
I went to Party City the other week, and they did have some really neat little Halloween toys. I like to spend the month of October going around giving people little plastic Halloween toys, because it's so much fun. Spiders, bat rings, skulls, things that glow.

Party City has this "party favor" section which is basically all silly little trinkets. They've got bags of glow-in-the-dark monster fangs, I think they're like 10 for a dollar, very reasonable. And these neat tiny flexible plastic skeletons in neon colors--these are about two inches tall and exquisitely molded with more details than you would think. Anatomically they're pretty correct, which is unusual, and this combined with their tiny size makes them very awesome. They are the coolest little Halloween skeletons!

If you have been doing some Halloween shopping, why not post about what you've found and where you found it. I wanna know!

Haunted
10-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Religion aside... I love Halloween. Right now, beside my computer is this witch, if you press down on her she slowly rises up making this irritating grating noise and she'll either cackle, howl (like a wolf), or say "Happy Halloween." I have a little Hallmark ornament on my monitor that's a Medusa hairdresser holding sheers and a blow dryer, I've got Halloween streamers with Witches' hats on them, ready to stream across the place (much to the annoyance of my dad *cackles*), we've got a Halloween lantern on the table with a pumpkin scented Yankee Candle (TM) in it, AND a pumpkin scented candle in a haunted house ornamental candle holder on our island in the kitchen. There will be more!

It's such a cool holiday. So much cooler than...Christmas...blech! Okay, well, I guess for people who actually celebrate Christmas, it's purdy cool, but it's so crowded that time of year, and the music drives me nuts! At least Bing Crosby never did a Halloween album, nor Wayne Newton.

crabapple
10-10-2006, 02:29 PM
I have heard about the pumpkin-scented Yankee candles. I heard they were pretty good...

Bing did sing a nice creepy song for Disney's "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad" feature. The "Sleepy Hollow" segment is still the scariest thing Disney ever did!

evildemontoo
10-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Halloween is my wedding anniversary!

crabapple
10-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey, that's awesome. Hope you celebrate with lots of plastic ghouls and creatures and things!

Miss Olivia
10-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I LOVE Halloween!!! Right now I have a huge bat on my wall saying EEK and a super big spiderweb with a spider on it on my wall, and I have two cool bungee skeletons hanging between my living room and dining room. I have two porcelain jack o lanterns with tea candles in them, an iron pumpkin that I found at a yard sale in July, and a bleeding skull candle on my DVD player. I have two paper mache skulls on my entertainment center, and a skeleton wind chime on my balcony. I even have Halloween potholders in my kitchen with a big skeleton rug in front of the sink. Actually, my house is pretty loaded up right now. I think at least half of my Halloween stuff will get dressed up with tinsel and bells for Christmas too. That should offend the relatives.:p

crabapple
10-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Ha ha ha! I used to have a bleeding skull candle too, when I was 12 or so...I bought it down at the local stationery store, which also sold practical jokes and things...pepper-flavored toothpicks and rattlesnake eggs and real bees in plastic ice cubes. And most of this stuff was old store stock from the 60's...probably be worth a bunch on Ebay today...

I think stores were a little different back in 1979...but yeah, they had this skull candle for a dollar, and it was supposedly made of red wax on the inside and would "bleed" when you lit it. Well, that was for me...

Vodstok
10-11-2006, 06:18 AM
It's such a cool holiday. So much cooler than...Christmas...blech! Okay, well, I guess for people who actually celebrate Christmas, it's purdy cool, but it's so crowded that time of year, and the music drives me nuts! At least Bing Crosby never did a Halloween album, nor Wayne Newton.

Oh, cmon... At least bing didnt take no sass-mouthin'.

Kinda takes away some of the christmas magic when you find out the crooner you always associated with "Silver Bells" used to beat the ever loving shit out o fhis kids...

crabapple
10-11-2006, 06:29 AM
You had to bring that up, didn't you.

urgeok
10-11-2006, 08:35 AM
i used to like halloween better than any other event - but now ..meh ..

I enjoy it through my kid .. carving pumpkins, getting costumes for him, taking him trick or treating ...

but the flip side is standing at my front door all night while a trickle of kids come every 5 minutes, half of them too old, half of them not in costume, and none of them saying thanks for the candy.

some kids are ok .. most are little assholes.

bah humbug

crabapple
10-11-2006, 08:47 AM
:( You're mean :( :(

:( ;)

Roderick Usher
10-11-2006, 08:50 AM
it's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

Having kids make Halloween a blast again.

Our apartment is covered in cobwebs and paper cut-outs, my animal skull collection is arranged in glass beakers as a kitchen table centerpiece and blacklights are strategically placed to make everything glow at night.

Now I just need to byuy that strobe and fog machine and i'm in business.

Can't wait to go out trick-or-treating:D

crabapple
10-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Awesome! Whoopsie, that message was too short so I gotta add some other stuff to it.

Nikkif8
10-11-2006, 09:17 AM
i used to like halloween better than any other event - but now ..meh ..

I enjoy it through my kid .. carving pumpkins, getting costumes for him, taking him trick or treating ...

but the flip side is standing at my front door all night while a trickle of kids come every 5 minutes, half of them too old, half of them not in costume, and none of them saying thanks for the candy.

some kids are ok .. most are little assholes.

bah humbug

I semi-agree with this statement Urg. I do love halloween and always go out to a dance club and dress up, it's a ball. But I hate trick or treaters, that is why I go out and am not usually home for it or keep my light off. Like you said most of em are too old, barely have a costume on and are rude. And no one hardly ever does tricks these days :( When I was a kid we always went in my Gram's neighborhood and it was all the old folks, one place made cottoncandy homemade, nowadays you wouldn't beable to trust anything like that. We used to get tons of sweet stuff.
It's still the best holiday ever and I agree I hate Xmas. No one even celebrates what it's really about!!-the birth of Christ. It's all about presents and crap. I hate it!