PDA

View Full Version : cannibal movies

swiss tony
10-09-2006, 04:10 AM
there were no cannibal movies in the top 100. i really liked cannibal holocaust despite its cheesy 70's ness.and who could forget stacy keach in mountain of the cannibal god? am i the only one who rates these stomach churners?

alkytrio666
10-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Sure we watch 'em. But what would you want them to replace in our 100?

swiss tony
10-10-2006, 06:27 AM
surely the gary busey tainted silver bullet isn't as good. besides, didn't cannibal holocaust inspire the blair witch makers?

bwind22
10-10-2006, 06:44 AM
I don't know about CH inspiring BWP, but you're probably right that it should have had a place in the top 100. The only similarities between Cannibal Holocaust & Blair Witch are that they were filming a 'documentary' in the woods/jungle. There's no real storyline similarities there at all...

swiss tony
10-10-2006, 06:54 AM
i think its basic premise is similar. maybe that was just a rumour. maybe the reason these movies aren't popular is cause people find it too ghastly. every other type of horror movie gets remade and remade, usually getting harder and harder. don't know when they last made one of these.

ShankS
10-10-2006, 06:58 AM
***Forum Announccesssmentttt!***

Cannibal Holocaust is not real, well some of it is otherwise who would hold the camera.

:D

The STE
10-10-2006, 07:00 AM
it was Man Bites Dog that inspired Blair Witch

swiss tony
10-10-2006, 07:18 AM
not real? tell that to little jimmy explorer as he's basted and cooked on a slow heat in deepest darkest borneo 100 years ago by the 'oh dear, we've run out of parrots to eat. hold on, doesn't he look tasty in his safari suit' tribe. just kidding! based on the fact that the majority of horror fans prefer the 'it could actually happen' type of horror, i like to see an up to date movie on this old subject.

The Mothman
10-10-2006, 07:36 AM
im not really a big fan of cannibal movies. they all end up kinda disapointing.

Animal killing. not cool
lack of gore. also not cool
lots of weeners. definetly not cool

swiss tony
10-10-2006, 07:42 AM
good point. the idea of being pursued by hungry people intent on turning you into irish stew is scary and should be easy to make a decent movie out of. i just don't understand why the cock and balls are top of the menu. surely they would be the only part that would refuse to be eaten. call me old fashioned

evildemontoo
10-10-2006, 09:50 AM
How about a cannibal movie where they chase you and your friends around and catch you and cut off a few parts at a time like a leg, and they patch you up and make you watch while they cook and eat your leg? LOL