PDA

View Full Version : Best Zombie films of all time?

phantomstranger
10-04-2006, 03:22 PM
I found this today. Do we all agree with this list?

http://www.retrocrush.com/archive2006/zombie/index.html

paws the great
10-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Day of the Dead

Kemal
10-04-2006, 06:09 PM
I do not watch zombie films. I do, however, watch the numerous documentaries, educational and public service programs such as Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead that are made to prepare the public for the possibility that the dead will return to life and feast on the flesh of the living. These teach valuable survival skills like how to barricade your home.

urgeok
10-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Kemal
I do not watch zombie films. I do, however, watch the numerous documentaries, educational and public service programs such as Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead that are made to prepare the public for the possibility that the dead will return to life and feast on the flesh of the living. These teach valuable survival skills like how to barricade your home.

and .... to always shoot them in the head.

bwind22
10-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Meh... That list is decent but not great. The top 10 looked pretty solid except for Zombi. I probably wouldn't even have that in my top 30. I thought it sucked, but then again, I think most of Fulci's stuff (at least what I've seen of it) sucks. They all seem too slow paced and boring for the one or two scenes of fabulous gore they boast.

doctor satan
10-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Day of the dead at number 16!
Their fucking clueless!

Geddy
10-05-2006, 01:27 AM
I think that dawn of the dead was better than night.

ManchestrMorgue
10-05-2006, 01:28 AM
I would have placed I Walked with a Zombie higher on the list - it is an absolute classic. Oh, and Dawn of the Dead as No. 1.

bwind22
10-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Geddy
I think that dawn of the dead was better than night.

The majority of HDC members agree with you there. This is the Zombie movie tourney I ran a while back...

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6692&perpage=15&highlight=tournament%20of%20the%20living%20dead&pagenumber=23

Geddy
10-05-2006, 02:57 AM
How's day of the dead I'm planning on buying it but I can't find a decent price.

alkytrio666
10-05-2006, 03:51 AM
My top 5 list:

5. I Walked With a Zombie

4. Night of the living Dead

3. Zombie (AKA Zombi 2)

2. The Evil Dead

1. Dawn of the Dead (1978)

crimson_ghost
10-05-2006, 04:22 AM
I still love The Dead Hate The Living :D:D

bwind22
10-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Geddy
How's day of the dead I'm planning on buying it but I can't find a decent price.

It's a classic.

urgeok
10-05-2006, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by crimson_ghost
I still love The Dead Hate The Living :D:D

yikes

the 1st time anyone other than the director ever used the words 'love' and 'the dead hate the living' in the same sentance !

bwind22
10-05-2006, 05:19 AM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty terrible.

The Mothman
10-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
yikes

the 1st time anyone other than the director ever used the words 'love' and 'the dead hate the living' in the same sentance ! i made a thread about that once. i can recall you posting that it was pretty damn bad.

Roderick Usher
10-05-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm happy to see NOTLD as #1

It's my all-time favorite horror film, let alone zombie flick. Still scares me.

urgeok
10-05-2006, 08:23 AM
no cemetary man ?

that list can piss off.

zwoti
10-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
and .... to always shoot them in the head.

pish

urgeok
10-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
pish

heh :p

Bloody Mitts
10-07-2006, 02:24 AM
Zombie films as Kemal said ARE training films for the day the dead rise (We are gonna be B.F'd if it turns out like Army of Darkness)

While I haven't seen even half these films (no good zombie movies in this town) I will say Dawn of the Dead and Night Of the Living Dead deserve their spots. I think Shaun deserves its role at 6 as well due to its new look on the whole genre ( I still laugh each time I see it but it could be that oh so loveable crap of british humor! [ no offense anyone over there we just think different]) I'd personally knock 28 days a bit lower (It gave a great new way of Zombies being 'born' but thats about it)
Personally I'd have tossed Weekend at Bernies 2 up there.. hehe he didn't bite anyone but that great nonchalant bikini removal he does gets points in my books and as for being reanimated that guys got some moves (dancin')

All and all I'd say it was a good list, but after I see the third I haven't viewed I'll probrablly change my mind.

Kemal, I don't know if you have it, but check out the Zombie Survival Guide (In the Humor section at your local bookstore... stupid humans dismissing zombies as comedy.. you know we laugh at the things that frighten us most in life)

Anyone know where I can pick up some of those classic Z movies for a good price (being anti-consumer... Consumers, like little rich princesses that go out everyday to the mall and what not are just as much zombies as the walking dead.. [thank you George Ramero].. I can't stand spending money on horrible movies unless they are a+ B-flicks. ) From what I've been reading though I think the one on the list i'd pick up is I walked with a zombie... is it worth it, I must ask.

Cheery Choppin' ya'll (hehe I wonder how many of these slogans I can come up with before i run out... we'll just have to see):confused:

psycho_butthead
10-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Kemal
I do not watch zombie films. I do, however, watch the numerous documentaries, educational and public service programs such as Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead that are made to prepare the public for the possibility that the dead will return to life and feast on the flesh of the living. These teach valuable survival skills like how to barricade your home. im hoping your not serious