PDA

View Full Version : Posher's Movie Reviews...

Posher778
06-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I feel like my opinion varies a lot from others, so i'm going to make my own thread like ruben's and review a ton of stuff. I'm going to hollywood vid to rent some stuff now, and i'll review later.

Zero
06-11-2006, 01:09 PM
i think i'm going to start my own thread where i review the reviews . . Zero's Review of the Reviews. . . i'll point out grammatical errors, spelling problems, inconsistencies, and just generally talk smack about all the 'movie reviewers' on HDC

:D

PR3SSUR3
06-11-2006, 03:30 PM
i'll point out grammatical errors

Does that include not using capital letters when required?

:confused:

The_Return
06-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Zero
i think i'm going to start my own thread where i review the reviews . . Zero's Review of the Reviews. . . i'll point out grammatical errors, spelling problems, inconsistencies, and just generally talk smack about all the 'movie reviewers' on HDC

Sounds like a good idea to me!

;)

Posher778
06-11-2006, 03:48 PM

Have fun! I loveeee having people rag on me for all my ideas and stuff. Bloody monkeys.:cool:

Anyway

(this review contains some spoilers. If you want a spoiler free review... then scroll to the score of the movie...)

Hellraiser

This is the first time i've seen it, and I have to say I was impressed and confused at the same time. I was expecting something completely different, and I didn't know that there were only 3 or so scenes that involved the cenobites, let alone Pinhead. The story is pretty good, and kept you guessing a bit about what was going on. I caught on to the part about Frank having an affair with the step mother as soon as it was delivered, and I guessed that he also had something to do with the daughter, but i'm not sure. I thought the way the step mother was trying to cope with murdering people to bring back Frank was delivered nicely by Higgins, and I enjoyed the murders she commited against her "clients." What got me was that it didn't explain what that thing was that the girl found in the hospital wall, or why it had any significance to the story, which it didn't... The Cenobites weren't explained very well, so I had to guess some on what they're purpose was. They were obviously demons of some sort, but, I don't know, they confused me. The effects are ok, but not that great. Make up was amazing, especially on Frank and Pinhead, as well as the female cenobite, but some others, like the sunglasses cenobite were just laughably corny. I also felt like the movie was 50% drama and 50% horror until it really picked up in the last 15 minutes. Not the best ever, but definently a hit for its time and a classic now. Worth a rent and even a buy if it fits your tastes.

6.5/10

horrorobsessed
06-11-2006, 03:58 PM
nice review. as for the whole wall thing though, i to was confused a little when i first saw it. the second one Hellraiser 2 may clear it up for you.

The_Return
06-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Well if you want explanation, ignore my suggestion to skip #3. It has explanation a-plenty, and it ruins any mystery from the first movies.

I liked how not much was explained, it made you think for yourself.

VampiricClown
06-11-2006, 06:15 PM

Now this would be a thread I'd really enjoy being that I am among this group. :cool:

urgeok
06-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by PR3SSUR3
Does that include not using capital letters when required?

:confused:

what kind of a monster would do such a thing as not capilitolize properly ! you wouldnt catch me doing that - no not i !!

zwoti
06-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
capilitolize

wouldnt

:cool:

urgeok
06-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
:cool:

:D its been a couple of years .. think i'm gonna change now ? :D

Posher778
06-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Dead and Breakfast

This was a very different movie, and I really enjoyed it. It probably needed to be put in the comedy section over horror though, but it's just solidly entertaining. The gore is great, and for an independant film the acting and story are great too. It takes too long for something to happen though, and it felt like 50 minutes of nothing, with the exception of comedy. There were some plot holes too, but nothing too major. This movie is great, especially for an independant film, and it's definently worth checking out if you love comedy horror, like Shaun of the Dead. I'd give this a 7/10.

"Then they just ran in and started fuckin people up, then the fucked up people got up and started fuckin other people up, then everyone wass getting fucked up!!! It was so fucked up!!!!!"

Posher778
06-14-2006, 04:48 PM
SCREAM

Short review. This movie amazes me with it uniqueness and creativity, and I really like certain actresses in it. I love the kills, story, and most of the lines in it. The characters are funny too. I'd say buy it.

10/10

horrorobsessed
06-14-2006, 05:03 PM
http://angryalien.com/0605/screambuns.asp

Scream in 30 seconds

Posher778
06-14-2006, 05:20 PM
I know, it's on my myspace.