PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions about House of the Dead.

Darthboy
05-11-2006, 08:13 PM
What's so bad about matrix shots? and what is really crappy or stupid about inserting game clips into the movie?

filmmaker2
05-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I know this is just a technicality, but technically, those are not really Matrix shots in House of the Dead. It's just high-speed photography with the camera on a spinning rig. The Matrix's time-stretching effects were done with many cameras triggered in sequence.

House of the Dead is a movie I am really pleased to own, because it's one of the silliest things I've seen in years. Not a good movie, but pretty damn amusing IMO!

urgeok
05-12-2006, 06:12 AM
those inserts were done so 'ham-fistedly' it was an intrusion .. we didnt need to be reminded it was the video game .. we already hade boring extended stupid fight sequences ..

its the only movie i can recall where stupid teenage ravers instantly became world class kick box champions.

i know its a dumb fantasy film based on a plotless vidogame .. but jesus ....

The_Return
05-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
House of the Dead is a movie I am really pleased to own, because it's one of the silliest things I've seen in years. Not a good movie, but pretty damn amusing IMO!

Agreed 100%. It's a bad movie, but I love sitting back and watching it. It isnt bad in a Jigsaw kind of way, it's just plain fun. I love it.

_____V_____
05-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Uwe Boll does take the razzies when it comes to his movie adaptations. Inserting sequences from the game itself, together with editing and inserting "matrix-like"(its an insult to the wachowski bros to even refer to the series) photography in the middle of a gunfight...he makes House of the Dead feel like Archie in Terror Island or somethin...

Check out Alone in the Dark. Another real boring offering from the guy. God knows who gave him inspiration to make BloodRayne. Whats next, Uwe? Half-Life?

btw...I m baccccccccckkkkkkkk....

Posher778
05-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by _____V_____
Uwe Boll does take the razzies when it comes to his movie adaptations. Inserting sequences from the game itself, together with editing and inserting "matrix-like"(its an insult to the wachowski bros to even refer to the series) photography in the middle of a gunfight...he makes House of the Dead feel like Archie in Terror Island or somethin...

Check out Alone in the Dark. Another real boring offering from the guy. God knows who gave him inspiration to make BloodRayne. Whats next, Uwe? Half-Life?

btw...I m baccccccccckkkkkkkk....

If that fag uwe does half life i'm commiting suicide...

_____V_____
05-12-2006, 11:10 AM
run to the nearest church and pray he doesnt...

Posher778
05-12-2006, 11:13 AM
meh... but then i'd have to get up... I'll KILL that fucker if he does half life... he's so annoying.

Miss Olivia
05-12-2006, 11:19 AM
It would have been great if they would have set HOTD in the seventies....you know, professional teenage kickboxing partiers kicking bell bottomed butt to The Hustle or maybe Night Fever instead of techno....

Posher778
05-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
It would have been great if they would have set HOTD in the seventies....you know, professional teenage kickboxing partiers kicking bell bottomed butt to The Hustle or maybe Night Fever instead of techno....

Hahaha!

_____V_____
05-12-2006, 11:32 AM
hmm that gives me a wacky idea...what if the makers of Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer had made House of the Dead?

...whoa? geez? oh no!? uh oh?...

Miss Olivia
05-12-2006, 11:43 AM
I probably would have watched it again!

_____V_____
05-12-2006, 11:48 AM
(rummaging through my attic's dusty cardboard boxes for the DVD of House of the Dead) should I even bother? (coming back down) nah...very bad idea...

I ll just let the sleeping ghosts lie!

urgeok
05-12-2006, 12:08 PM
hmm that gives me a wacky idea...what if the makers of Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer had made House of the Dead?

...whoa? geez? oh no!? uh oh?...

you might want to see battlefield baseball ;)

_____V_____
05-12-2006, 11:51 PM
heyyy urgeok(love that dog, is it available on ebay?)...

Successful games can rarely be successful movies...guess the makers are running out of ideas real quick to look into game stories...we got Halo, Far Cry, et al lined up for later releases...

...just wait and watch...

urgeok
05-13-2006, 04:11 AM
heyyy urgeok(love that dog, is it available on ebay?)...

Successful games can rarely be successful movies...guess the makers are running out of ideas real quick to look into game stories...we got Halo, Far Cry, et al lined up for later releases...

...just wait and watch...

howdy ..

re bames and movies ... just look at the source.
its not like video games are aimed at an older mature audience themselves .. they're aimed at younger kids with time on their hands.

the standard formula is : younger audience : younger actors/ throw away directors = weak product.
its bad enough for regular movies let alone a film based on a plotless video game.

_____V_____
05-13-2006, 04:17 AM
only exception being Silent Hill...so far...

I heard that many people had heart attacks when they went for the first screening of the Evil Dead...and the Exorcist carried a warning also for older folks and pregnant ladies not to watch it...

Audiences need a similar warning before an Uwe Boll flick too...

"WARNING: You are watching this mindless movie after blowing your hard-earned money on it. If you die of boredom, we are not responsible."

urgeok
05-13-2006, 04:30 AM
i dragged 2 people to see house of the dead.
i'm still living with that embarrasement.

as a matter of fact (other than silent hill which i enjoyed) the last 3 horror films i paid to see in a theatre i dragged friends to - and was embarrased each time (the village, RE2, HOTD)

and remember .. i also paid big $$$ for a babysitter to see this shit too - adding monitary injury to insult.

_____V_____
05-13-2006, 05:07 AM
That can be a real embarrassment. A movie which sux so bad, and having the company of friends whom YOU called to go with you. Village, HOTD, RE2...geez urgeok I m glad I wasnt in your shoes...

I went alone to those movies and once they were over I was like "hey its over? Wasnt this supposed to be a horror movie?"

Wish I could sue the movie makers for duping me of my money grrrr...