PDA

View Full Version : 71 Year-Old Man Charged For Hammer Assault, In Fight Over Beer

bloodrayne
04-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Man, 71, Charged In Hammer Attack After Fuss Over Beer

South Carolina - A Conway man is charged with hitting another man in the head with a hammer during a dispute concerning beer.

Police charged Carol Summers, 71, with assault and battery with intent to kill after the incident, which occurred about 6 p.m. Saturday.

Officers said they went to 1506 Second Ave. in Conway Saturday and found Kenneth "Randy" Norman, 42, on the porch holding a towel to his head and bleeding from several wounds.

Summers was found at the home and told officers he struck Norman in the head with a hammer because Norman was drinking all his beer and wouldn't leave when he was told to, according to an incident report.

According to a police report, Summers told Norman to leave, and Norman told him he couldn't make him leave.

Summers, who also had been drinking, hit Norman with a hammer. After Norman fell, Summers stood over him and continued hitting him, the report said.

Police said Summers told an officer he meant to kill Norman.

"He felt like it was his right to hit Norman with a hammer since he wouldn't leave," the police report said.

Police said Norman was taken to Conway Medical Center with cuts over his eye, under his chin, and several on the back of his head. He has been released from the hospital.

mothermold
04-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
he struck Norman in the head with a hammer because Norman was drinking all his beer and wouldn't leave when he was told to, according to an incident report.

Newb in another thirty-some odd years.:p

bloodrayne
04-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by mothermold
Newb in another thirty-some odd years.:p lmao...That's what I was thinking:D

newb
05-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
lmao...That's what I was thinking:D

funny......i thought the same thing.:D