PDA

View Full Version : Osha Vs. Work

chainleen
04-25-2006, 12:33 PM
So I work inspecting truck cargo sometimes, and they are currently adding on to our truck docks and about 20 feet away from our office is the massive jack hammer breaking up the concrete from the old docks. It is soooooooo horrible I just want to shove the sharp ends of pencils through my ears to make it stop, thank god my weekend is today and tomorrow.

How ever the steam roller that pounds makes the whole building vibrate and that actually has it's merits....

By construction's end a year from now I'll be sitting on the tile floor with bloody ears and a smile on my face I suppose...haha

Despare
04-25-2006, 12:46 PM
They're building next to our place too and it's an old building so when it shakes I have to wonder if it'll come down soon. Luckily nothing too close so the sound isn't a big deal. Just buy a 50 cent pack of earplugs and save yourself from going deaf.

Posher778
04-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Ahh quit complaining. They dynamite all day in the quarry 1000 feet from our school and it makes the desks move around.

ItsAlive75
04-25-2006, 04:12 PM
They're reconstructing the CITY here basically, cuz of the tornado. It's nonstop noise, every day of the week, for a majority of the day.

But who cares, that's why God made alcohol.

chainleen
04-25-2006, 05:11 PM
lol, trust me, right now, I know the merits of alcohol.

filmmaker2
04-25-2006, 08:38 PM
It's when ya get home, you're aching all over, ears ringing from the jackhammer, clothing all filthy...you wanna pass out...and maybe you will, dammit! But take a few minutes. Take TEN minutes, and pick up a favorite book, or turn on the TV. Pick up a paintbrush and throw some color on that watercolor tablet. Maybe they switched your electricity off and ya can't see. Light a candle! And read the newspaper.

Ten minutes. Live for those ten minutes. When you're going crazy at work, think about those ten minutes you'll set aside for yourself later. They'll help ya get through the day.

chainleen
04-26-2006, 04:39 AM
yeah, coming home is always nice, I have gotten very good at leaving work at work.