PDA

View Full Version : american psycho and critics

Brody
12-11-2003, 08:24 AM
ok...the thing i'm wondering about patrick bateman is if the murders were all in his head, then how come in american psycho 2 he was known as a serial killer in real life by the fbi agent? Plus, it shows a scene of bateman killing a woman while a little girl watches..the little girl being the new chick in american psycho so in reality i think he had to have committed the murders. Plus, another thing with horror movies that bug me are the negative critics..they blast any new movie coming out just because its new. Like the tcm remake..i hear all this crap about how horrible it was and how lame it was. These critics are giving bad reviews cause its all they know how to do..just like people blast the president simply because hes the president. The tcm remake wasnt a mindbreaking miracle but it wasnt total crap. They turned leatherface into the pumped up psychopath we see him as, not the fat whiny weak one from the original. They took away that annoying guy (otis from house of 1000 corpses) and made it more believeable. Plus that 7th heaven chick, how can anyone give a bad review after seeing her knockers in a sweaty see thru shirt? The kills in TCM were brutal and the chase scenes were great, leatherface got his arm chopped off and we got to see footage like if it were real footage, tcm wasnt the best but it dosent deserve negative reviews because the critics think thats what people want to hear. Cabin fever, now thats a terrible movie..its boy meets world vs camp blood vs resident evil and the idea is just stupid. Wrong turn..another horrible movie, its like if a few people got lost in lord of the rings and the orcs were chasing them around with axes...another gay idea. Freddy vs Jason...that was exactly what we were expecting and anyone who gives that a bad review needs to go back to watching leprechaun. To the critics, before you blast a good movie think about this...horror is horror and not politics, people want reviews of good movies other than your close minded opinion of instant negativity, if you dont like it or think it dosent add up to your aspects..give the job to someone with a free mind.

avenger00soul
12-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Hell, who cares? Part 2 was a turd anyway.

mudsliptones
12-12-2003, 12:23 AM
I liked the first american psycho

Malicious_Mirth
12-12-2003, 01:42 AM
well the first american psycho was awesome...i mean christian bale does an awesome job in any part........the second one tho.....the chic sux.....not near as cool as patrick bateman.....and the tcm remake.......it disturbed me cuz the 7th heaven chic cut leatherfaces arm offf wtf is athat all about....anyway those are my thoughts

avenger00soul
12-12-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Malicious_Mirth
well the first american psycho was awesome...i mean christian bale does an awesome job in any part........the second one tho.....the chic sux.....not near as cool as patrick bateman.....and the tcm remake.......it disturbed me cuz the 7th heaven chic cut leatherfaces arm offf wtf is athat all about....anyway those are my thoughts

I agree with the Christian Bale comments. I heard he was going to be the next Batman....which will be great if it's a darker film.

rikki
12-12-2003, 08:24 AM
they're making another batman movie?

whoa.

avenger00soul
12-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by rikki
they're making another batman movie?

whoa.

Yes, and Christopher Nolan (Memento) is attached to direct it.

LegionFilms
12-12-2003, 06:16 PM
They need to bring the Joker back, because you guys know he didn't really die right? ;) Joker is the shit!

Malicious_Mirth
12-12-2003, 09:12 PM
i did hear about christian bail and batman that would be kinda cool......i hated batman series after number 2 but he just might give it more credibility..........

One of my favorite movies of all time is Equilibrium

it has christian bale if you havent seen it DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it fukin rawx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
12-14-2003, 12:33 AM
Two, I thought sucked..butI liked the scene when Schattner got it out the window.I dont care that much for his acting here lately.. The first one was the shit though..:)

nightbreed
12-14-2003, 02:13 AM
American Psycho II is right up there with the TCM sequels all crap. but yeah.

christian bale is the shit.

Anyone seen batman- dead end? best fucking batman movie ever made.

KRUGERKID13
06-03-2004, 09:11 PM
I absoloutly love this movie and i was just wondering what everyone else thought and also what there favorite scene was.

Mine was when hes chasing after the hooker with the chainsaw that was so awsome.

Sick_As_Fuck
06-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Great movie. I don't know about best, but I busted up laughing when he started chasing the prostitute. That was crazy.

KRUGERKID13
06-03-2004, 09:59 PM
I didnt find it as funny as much as i did true it definetly portrayed the human race very well or at least some of the human imo. Ive never seen a movie that said you know your thinking it well hes doing it. Or at least not untill i saw this movie

ShankS
06-04-2004, 03:23 AM
cool film, like you say, the bit with the chasing chainsaw down the stairs, great scene.

Any one seen the sequal?? is this as good as the first one??

:)

bansheebc
06-04-2004, 04:32 AM
Part 2 is Good, Doesnt have the Geniune Psycho Act like first one, but The chick is hot, I think the storyline was well directed, and thought out, Not just a thrown together sequal but, its defintally worth watching,

ShankS
06-04-2004, 06:37 AM
cool, have to check this one out then.

orangestar
06-04-2004, 10:04 AM
I love the first one, its probably my favorite more modern horror movie. Christian Bale IS Patrick Bateman, he's an amazing actor.

There are tons of awesome scenes, but my favorite is when his secretary is at his house. He is so sweet in a Patrick sort of way, when he almost shoots her with a nailgun. :D

Sick_As_Fuck
06-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
cool film, like you say, the bit with the chasing chainsaw down the stairs, great scene.

Any one seen the sequal?? is this as good as the first one??

:)

I thought the sequel was horrible. The beginning alone almost ruins the whole first movie.

ShankS
06-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by orangestar

...when he almost shoots her with a nailgun. :D

I was saying to myself watching that bit..... go on you know ya wana fire it, just to see the mess of mashed up head it leaves behind.

I got a twisted mind :D

orangestar
06-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
I was saying to myself watching that bit..... go on you know ya wana fire it, just to see the mess of mashed up head it leaves behind.

I got a twisted mind :D

You're not alone, I was thinking the exact same thing.:D

real gore was the one thing missing from this movie.

zwoti
06-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by orangestar
I love the first one, its probably my favorite more modern horror movie. Christian Bale IS Patrick Bateman, he's an amazing actor.

There are tons of awesome scenes, but my favorite is when his secretary is at his house. He is so sweet in a Patrick sort of way, when he almost shoots her with a nailgun. :D

orangestar
06-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by zwoti

hehe thanks Zwoti, I made that my background!

kpropain
06-04-2004, 12:20 PM
I enjoyed this movie, shows how twisted humans can really be.

ShankS
06-04-2004, 01:38 PM
zwoti

good pic :)

zwoti
06-04-2004, 01:41 PM
and another

ShankS
06-04-2004, 02:00 PM
ooowwww its shagg shagg time :D

Rebel Yell
06-04-2004, 03:19 PM
zwoti always has the best images. <3

I love American Psycho. I can't pick a favorite scene, because I love the entire movie so much.

*points to sig*

zwoti
06-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Rebel Yell
zwoti always has the best images. <3

I love American Psycho. I can't pick a favorite scene, because I love the entire movie so much.

*points to sig*

all it takes is a dvd, computer and bingo....screen captures galore at 1600*1200 resolution.

Rebel Yell
06-04-2004, 03:50 PM
I am not able to play DVDs in my computer. My life is whoa.

zwoti
06-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Rebel Yell
I am not able to play DVDs in my computer. My life is whoa.
well if you want something for your wallpaper, let me know.

Rebel Yell
06-04-2004, 04:42 PM
You are the best.

dawgcatchah
06-06-2004, 12:51 PM
I think the chainsaw scene is pretty funny, but I couldn't stop laughing when he picks up the cat and tries to feed it to the ATM machine b/c he thinks it has changed to read "feed me a stray cat." Classic Bateman. Has anyone read the novel? I was thinking about giving it a go. I'm sure it's amazing. BRB, gotta return some video tapes...

zwoti
06-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by dawgcatchah
I think the chainsaw scene is pretty funny, but I couldn't stop laughing when he picks up the cat and tries to feed it to the ATM machine b/c he thinks it has changed to read "feed me a stray cat." Classic Bateman. Has anyone read the novel? I was thinking about giving it a go. I'm sure it's amazing. BRB, gotta return some video tapes...

the novel is a lot more graphic..all i'll say is rat, pipe, chainsaw & acid. let your imagination run with that...

dawgcatchah
06-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Yeah I'd heard that. I'll def check it out then.

orangestar
06-06-2004, 06:35 PM
about the novel, I heard something about Bateman spreading cheese on a womans *ahem* privates, then letting a starving rat go loose. sounds like a pretty graphic book.

Threl kaar
06-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Best part of that movie is when he chops off pauls head.

Freddy Krueger.
06-17-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
I absoloutly love this movie and i was just wondering what everyone else thought Hated it.

Crow
06-17-2004, 08:13 AM
i really like this movie, i bought it awhile ago,i cant really pick a favorite scene though

Emancipator
06-19-2004, 01:48 PM
I loved American Psycho, a fantastic film. American Psycho II was "ok"

zwoti
06-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Emancipator
I loved American Psycho, a fantastic film. American Psycho II was "ok"

by "ok", do you mean utter piece of crap?

bloodrayne
06-20-2004, 09:23 AM
I just couldn't even get interested in this one for some reason:(

the shape 2004
06-22-2004, 03:30 AM
i think that part 2 was pointless.the rubber choke out was innovative.
my opinion of part 1 is all this shit happens in his head.
how is you suppose to be joe average,nobody remembers
your name,everything makes you jealous or ticks you off.
then you a psychotic killer.
his lawyer had lunch with paul allen after he was dead.
still one of my all time favorites.the ax to the head was
extreme for a mainstream movie.

melaniepants
11-03-2006, 08:07 PM
American psycho was a great movie. At least i thought. I just thought it was creepy because the main character played this safisticated, charming, good looking man but he was insane and just creepy. I thought it was kinda creepy and different because everytime he started talking about music you knew someone was getting killed. What did you think??:confused:

makemebad
11-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Damn Good Movie

SamCostello
11-04-2006, 10:08 AM
I think the movie is OK, fun in moments (when Bateman is watching himself have sex with the prostitutes, and then points at himself like "you're awesome" - great scene), but ultimately I think it fails compared to the book.

If you like the movie and haven't read the book, I really highly recommend it. The book is way more intense, more violent, about 1000x funnier (it's hilarious), and more nuanced about Bateman's psychology.

A great read.

Sam

alkytrio666
11-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Damn Good Movie
That just about sums things up...

I bought the book used a while back. Maybe I'll give it a read soon.

PhilnEdee
11-04-2006, 11:06 AM
I loved em both, the DVD and the book!

AmericanManiac
11-04-2006, 11:11 AM
I have never read the book, but I thought Bateman was a little like Bundy (safisticated, charming, good looking man but he was insane and just creepy) as melaniepants said. It was hoever a pretty decent flick, my favorite scene is where he was running naked with the chainsaw with just his shoes now that was funny !

PhilnEdee
11-04-2006, 11:16 AM
The book is good, but its hard to follow...sometimes have to go back and re-read a chapter to try and understand if what happened was even real.

alkytrio666
11-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Christian Bale played such a perfect Patrick Bateman.

Elvis_Christ
11-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Great book. Not a huge fan of the movie.

Despare
11-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Loved the book and movie, they were two seperate experiences and I think each succeeded in what they wanted to really do. Wow this thread's old too. Somebody uses the search function?

melaniepants
11-05-2006, 10:26 AM
my favirote part of the movie is when the bartender told him they dont accept credit cards just cash and she turns around and bateman says Shut the fuck up you ugly bitch....id like to stab you to death and play with your blood. i laughed at that part lol:D My other favirote part is when he is about to kill paul allen and he does the moonwalk while hes talking about music. i loved it:)

melaniepants
11-05-2006, 10:11 PM
i just watched the movie lol i cant get enough of it. i think its my new favorite movie.:confused:

melaniepants
11-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Has anyone seen the machinist?( i think thats how you spell it lol) i just watched that Christian bale does a really good job in that movie to. He was really skinny though

Roderick Usher
11-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah, he got downright skeletal for that role - very unhealthy

amazing performance. He's really becoming and Actor with the capital A