PDA

View Full Version : book recomendations

livin_dead_88
12-09-2003, 04:17 PM
anyone know any good horror books, I have read all the Anita Blake serise (great books), read all Anita Blake novels, dont like stephen king or anne rice (dont even suggest them) right now Im reading Helter Skelter, (about Charles manson) great book, rcomend it al the way, now will someone please recomend me some books/authors, Thanks in advance

Arioch
12-09-2003, 09:19 PM
stephen king's it, Best, and Scariest book ive ever read.

SadisticAngel
12-10-2003, 12:28 AM
Try something by Joe R. Lansdale. "Drive In" is a fantastic novel. The "Books Of Blood" by Clive Barker are great as well... perhaps you like them, too :-)

heapodd
12-10-2003, 11:07 AM
some of dean koontz's books are quite good - i personally think one of the chapters in Watchers was one of the scariest pieces of horror ever written.

james herbert is also very good (he is a british author) - not sure how famous he is in the states.

cheers

headpodd

HelKel
12-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Try John Saul, Poppy Z. Brite, Kathy Koja, Nancy A. Collins, Peter Straub. Personally, I love Stephen King, but to each their own. :D

vulpesnoctus
12-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Lovecraft's Dream Cycle is an excellent read.

rikki
12-11-2003, 11:12 AM
The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker - it's the book that Hellraiser is based on. Anything by Clive Barker is usually good, though. Also, splatterpunks one and two - awesome collection of short horror stories. You can read the stories and find new authors.

Minoterrae
01-05-2004, 01:55 PM
I work for a new horror publisher Nephilim Books so as long as it is not too unseemly I would like to recommend one of our own. Look for Abandon All Hope on the search engine of your choice or go to the official company novel site http://www.abandon-hope.com

Depending on what kind of horror you like, it may or may not be something which interests you.:D