PDA

View Full Version : Tell me the story of how you met your mate

novakru
09-22-2005, 08:31 AM
I really want to know,it's always very interesting to hear how people hooked up.

zomb5150
09-22-2005, 08:34 AM
You go first, How did You meet Your mate?

newb
09-22-2005, 09:08 AM
My story is very romantic.

The mailman delivered her....i filled her with air...and its been love ever since.
Here we are just last week at a party.

http://www.kultureshock.co.uk/v3/images/fam-002-quagmire.jpg

OH YEAH..........GIGGIDY, GIGGIDY!

ChEEbA
09-22-2005, 09:11 AM
She was a friend of a former female friend, met at college.
We'd all hung out in the same "group" for a little while, we hadnt spoken much on our own.
When we DID, I asked her to buy me a coke, and (check it out, how SMOOOOOTHE is THIS) that in exchange, I'd buy her lunch sometime. It didn't really happen at this stage.
So...I kinda dissapeared for around a month, decided at the time that work was more important, and when I came back, about 5 people I knew from my course told me this girl had been looking for me. Turns out it was her, so yeah, we caught up, hung out in the group a little more, and one time she'd finished her classes for the day, I walked her to the local train platforms and asked for her number, at which point she said she was thinkin' about giving it to me anyway.
So yeah, we talked on the phone a little, actually...a lot. I didn't have a home phone connected at the time, so I'd head out to local phonebooth, and give her a call...we talked HEAPS...and yeah, eventually one day after college, we decided to go out. Of course, the former female friend tagged along...which kinda sucked, but when she left, we actually started having a pretty cool time.
I think we played some videogames, went and got some food, and chilled in this big-ass park, where we talked heaps and I threw little sticks down her top, which, of course, was charming.
So that's pretty much it really, gave her a kiss when she left, called her place a few times to make sure she got back ok, and yeah...pretty much took it from there.
I was going through a pretty shitty time at home at this point, my "family" if you can call it that, was severely FUCKED. So yeah, she offered for me to come stay with her for a while, and I accepted.
That was quite some time ago now ('99 I think), and we've been together since, through fights, break-up/make-ups, study, hospital stays, long term family reunions (actually, she supported me heaps when I went to meet my father for the first time in about 12 years) and all other manner of ups 'n downs...so yeah, we tolerate eachother pretty well, and don't let a bunch of petty bullshit come between us, I think that's the important thing.

Ok, I'm done writing now...

- B

MoonLit Meadow
09-22-2005, 10:09 AM
It's so weird that you post a thread like this...I was just telling somebody last night the story of me and my bf. LOL. ODD ;)

So anyway....get ready to barf everyone ;)

Alright...when I was 19, I moved to Orlando, FL. I was going to college up here in Massachusetts, but decided that I needed a change...I'd always lived in a small town (I'm actually outside of Boston...not in it) and I wanted to see what it'd be like to live in a bigger city...away from home.

My friend from high school, Brooke, had moved to Orlando after HS graduation to attend college there. Since she knew that I was looking to move, she suggested I move to Orlando...cause at least I'd know her, and wouldn't be completely alone. Sounded good enough to me :p

Anyway...after moving down, I decided to get a part-time job at Disney. When I went to interview with them, however, they didn't really have any positions open that were right for me at the time. I was kind of down, b/c I really wanted to work there...but I ended up walking out to my car, and noticed that across the street there was "Downtown Disney" which, is pretty much just a bunch of nightclubs, restaurants...and the "Virgin Megastore" (no jokes please) ;) Virgin ( for those who may not know) is this huge record store....and it was located on Disney property, which meant I still got all the benefits of working for Disney :) (Free park admission, etc) so I figured I'd apply.

I got a call back about a week later, and went in for an interview...and got the job. My first day of working there, I met one of the managers-Shane. YES, I fell in love with my manager....so naughty ;) AHAHAHAH.

Anyway...they always say that you'll know when you meet the person you're going to marry...but I never believed it until I met him. The minute I took one look at him, it was seriously like slow motion...and I just KNEW that I was going to be with him for the rest of my life...before we even said one word to each other. It was like a magnet...we couldn't stay away from each other, and it was as if we'd always known each other. I still don't have the words for it....it was just a very very strange feeling...like nothing I'd ever experienced before.

He was really shy...but he finally asked me out...we went to Universal Studios for our first date :) About 2 weeks later, he told me that he loved me...but that he had actually been in love with me from the minute he saw me...and had said the same thing I felt....that he just "knew" when he met me that I was "it". LOL. I transferred back up to a school in Massachusetts about 2 years after living in Florida, and he moved up with me.

It'd odd when I think about it...b/c if if I hadn't moved to Orlando, and if I hadn't decided not to take a job at Disney...and if I hadn't applied at the record store...we would never have met...it scares me actually, to think that things may have never happened had things gone just slightly differently. ;)

We've been together 4 years now, and I couldn't be happier. We compliment each other, yet still have enough differences to learn from each other. He's a complete gentlemen...always makes me feel like a lady. He still sends me flowers, writes me cards, does things "just because". And that's the way it SHOULD be. It doesn't get old or boring, b/c we don't let it.

I feel extremely lucky that I have a great relationship with a wonderful guy whose literally my best friend. People always tell me that they wish that they could find the type of relationship that he and I have...and I honestly wish and hope that everyone can one day find and experience what we share. It's a beautiful thing for sure ;)

newb
09-22-2005, 10:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/rockinmule/barfJPG.jpg

MoonLit Meadow
09-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by newb

LOL. Sorry, but it's true...:D

DraculaInDallas
09-22-2005, 11:11 AM
BBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! !!:D
Hmmmm......a virgin, disney land......I bet you were a real "E" ticket ride Miss Sweet Cheeks!!!!!!! :p :D

novakru
09-22-2005, 11:12 AM
awwww,I love love love your stories guys!!

Ok Zomb,I'll tell ya mine,
I brought this guy home from a bar and he never left,so I just decided to keep him.....

Kidding:D

Here's Mine:
My neighbor kept bugging me to meet this guy she knew-for 3 months I said no and will you please shut up.
She was saying the same thing to my husband,that we would be PERFECT for each other and he was pretty much telling her to go to hell.
Finally,I said I would meet him at her apt. and she had to stay the whole time.
I was late getting back to my house,so I ran in-changed,perfumed-lol,and went over to her apt.(I thought I looked a mess,my husband told me later I looked like a beautiful hurricane walking in-lol)
I walk in and THERE HE WAS...and I swear it was just like that.
I knew,I just knew,my heart sped up,I sweated,I had to sit down quickly.
He was soo gorgeous,and after I talked to him for awhile,he was FUNNY.
So we met on Wednesday,went on our first date Friday,and he asked me to marry him 48 hours after that.
We almost got divorced once but I told that story with the NYC post I did.
So September marks 10 years being together and even though sometimes I would LOVE to smack him over the head with a frying pan,I don't kick him out of bed for eating crackers:D

MoonLit Meadow
09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DraculaInDallas
BBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! !!:D
Hmmmm......a virgin, disney land......I bet you were a real "E" ticket ride Miss Sweet Cheeks!!!!!!! :p :D

LOL! You guys are all so jaded ;):p

DraculaInDallas
09-22-2005, 11:14 AM
My story is very romantic.

The mailman delivered her....i filled her with air...and its been love ever since.
Here we are just last week at a party.

http://www.kultureshock.co.uk/v3/images/fam-002-quagmire.jpg

OH YEAH..........GIGGIDY, GIGGIDY!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!! :D

MoonLit Meadow
09-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Awwww....Nova your story is sweet! :)

SEE? I'm not the only one who had a sappy love story to share. It really can happen:p

DraculaInDallas
09-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by MoonLit Meadow
LOL! You guys are all so jaded ;):p

We are all so romantic aren't we???????? :p

MoonLit Meadow
09-22-2005, 11:18 AM

Well...me and Nova are anyway...;)

When you meet your Ms. Pitt look-a-like...you'll be posting your own romantic story ;)

novakru
09-22-2005, 11:20 AM

What's romance got to do with it?
You find someone that you can have mind-numbing TNT sex with,everything else just falls into place.:cool:

JK
I want to hear more stories,cause usually when you do find"the right one"
there's always a good story behind it.

filmmaker2
09-22-2005, 12:03 PM
I have two cat friends, and they are named Gray Pootie and Beige Pootie. I give them crunchies and sardines and they destroy my furniture for free! They are just little furballs. As far as HUMAN companions, well, I'm working on some other stuff, but we'll just have to see about that, hmmm?

meetthecreeper
09-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Well I took a shovel and went to the local cemetery.....

MoonLit Meadow
09-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by meetthecreeper

:eek: :eek:

Now THATS romantic:p

Marroe
09-22-2005, 02:25 PM
BLAH:D

zomb5150
09-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by meetthecreeper

did she look anything like this?

filmmaker2
09-22-2005, 03:24 PM
I know that girl! Such a SLUT, that one!

MoonLit Meadow
09-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
I know that girl! Such a SLUT, that one!

LMAO!!!! Yeah, but YOU know her...so what does that say about you? HMMMMM? ;):p

GeekLove
09-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Ok, I'll share...
I was moving & my friend Angie came over to help me. I was wary of having her help me, being that I was recently single & she had a major crush on me. She brought one of her guy friends along to help. The minute I got into the car, me & this guy just clicked. It felt like we had known each other forever. We had everything in common-we liked the same movies, anime, we were finishing eachother's sentences. It was amazing. We hung out & watched Evil Dead & stayed up until 4am talking. My neurotic siamese cat fell asleep in his lap. This truly indicated that he was a keeper. 2 months later, he moved in with me.
Fast forward 6 years-he broke up with me & I am moving to NYC.

zomb5150
09-22-2005, 06:04 PM
I was hired to D.J at a graduation party, there were these 2 good looking girls shaking their asses to my bouncing beats, they kept coming up to my D.J booth to make song requests.I got to talking to one of the girls, I thought that She was really beautiful and it turned out that we really had alot in common, for Me it was love at first sight. I asked her for her phone number, She gave it to me and when I tried to call her the next day an old lady kept telling me that I had the wrong number.I tried a few more times before giving up, I figured She wasn't all that interested.Well a couple weeks later this girl ran into my brother somewhere and asked Him for my number, She called Me and I apologized for not calling her but the number I had just wasn't right, turns out what I thought was a 9 was really a 4.We talked on the phone every single day after that I just couldn't get enough of this girl.After dating for 2 months I took out a loan, bought a ring and proposed to Her.I was so nervous about asking this wonderful girl to marry me that I forgot to show Her the ring. She said yes, we got married 4 months later.
fast forward six years............................................. ................
We're still married, bought a house and have two Beautiful boys - Lloyd 3 years old (named after his Daddy) and Landon 3 months old.

zomb5150
09-22-2005, 06:10 PM

I thought this might be appropriate.:D

novakru
09-22-2005, 06:16 PM
No,it was a beautiful story!
Thank you for sharing!:)

orangestar
09-22-2005, 07:16 PM
A few weeks after I started at my job, in walked this gorgeous guy that I had never seen before. I immediately asked my friend "Who is that? I think I'm going to marry him". She said "Thats Brett. He works here now, he's a cool guy." We met and made small talk, and as soon as he smiled at me I literally knew that we would end up together.

Fast forward about a week, he kept flirting with me and telling me how beautiful I was. He asked for my number a few times, but I was a little wary of him because I found out he was 3 years older than me. My parents met him and they approved, so we ended up going on a date.

It was the least-awkward, most amazing, perfect first date of my life. We had EVERYTHING in common. We even both love horror movies. You guys would like him. We spent every single day, every waking moment together. He became my best friend as well as my boyfriend.

Now he's off in Navy boot camp. I got my first phone call from him today, actually. I have no doubt that we will be together for a long time to come.

RoLLiNLiGhTs
09-22-2005, 08:31 PM
...I havn't found "the one"...

bloodrayne
09-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Hmm...Where do I start?...

Okay...I was talking to this guy named Dustin...He liked EVERYTHING that I like, and he was considered 'weird' by most people (definitely a plus...lol).....He got ALL of my obscure references (just about anything can send me off on a tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation that I might be having at the time...I'll bring up movies, old tv shows, songs, even stupid commercials that NO ONE remembers (but, he does), books, all kinds of stuff)

So, anyway, we had lots to talk about, and we were able to have intelligent as well as silly conversations (we've discussed things that I honestly don't believe that any other living person would even THINK about, or imagine)...It was his intelligence and wit that appealed most to me

I figured that since he was so much like me he might like to hang out at my clubs with me and my friends...Since Sergio Didn't get off work until 11pm, I figured Dustin could give me a ride to the clubs, so I could get there earlier....I asked him if he'd be interested in going, but it turned out that he lived too far away...Well, that sucked, so I just told him, "Well, if you're ever in Cincinnati give me a call and we can go"...He said "okay"

I kinda thought we'd just stop talking there, you know like when you meet someone, talk awhile, then go your seperate ways.....But, we still had so much to talk about.......So, we kept in touch for a few days and I had asked him,"Why don't you see if you can find a way down here? I REALLY think you'll like the clubs, and my friends (especially Sergio) want to meet you"......I told him the best day would be on a Thursday so that we could go to The Dock.....Then it was like this:

Dustin: That works, I have every night open but Wednesdays...That's when I have band practice

Me: Ugh....You're a musician? (Can't believe that didn't come up sooner)

Dustin: Yeah, you don't like musicians?

Me: Well, it's not that I don't like them...It's just that...Well, let's just say 'it figures'......I suppose you play guitar, too...

Dustin: Yeah...How'd ya guess?

Me: Cuz THAT figures, too

Dustin: Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm a better drummer than a guitar player

So, he told me where his band's website was, and to go ahead and check it out....That was how I found out that he was only 20 years old!...So, I figured, okay...that's no big deal, I only want him to hang out with me and my friends, it isn't like I plan to MARRY him or anything:rolleyes: :D

So, the next conversation went like this:

Dustin: So, you check out the band?

Me: Yeah, I can do some death metal...It's pretty cool

Dustin: Glad you like it...So, I'm planning on coming down next week....You wanna get a hotel or something while I'm down there?

(Oh...I forgot to mention that there was some pretty heavy flirting going on by that time...But, it was just playing around.....I thought...)

Me: Oh, I don't know about THAT *giggle*....You have any idea how old I am?!

Dustin: Yeah...You told me...But, you never asked how old I was...

Me: Oh....But...You were flirting...lol

Dustin: Yeah...So?

Me: Well, if you had any 'ideas'...I'm WAY too old for you...Hell, I have to tell 25-30 year-olds that I'm too old for them...

Dustin: I don't care about that...We don't have any trouble relating to each other, and we're into all of the same things...Besides, all the girls My age are too immature, materialistic, shallow, vain...and honestly, not very bright....At, least that's the ones that I usually meet....And almost all of the ones I hook up with, just wanna be with a musician...They like the image...I need someone who likes ME...even offstage......That's why I didn't tell you that I was a musician, I liked the fact that you didn't know...The 'band practice' thing just kinda slipped out

Me: Haha...ALL of the guys that I have to turn down because they're too young say, "Girls my age are too immature...I need an older woman"

Dustin: Well, I don't know about them, but in my case it's true...I'm tired of the games they play, and the stupidity.....I had to grow up early, had a son when I was young...Got custody of him, had to be responsible...So, my head is in a different place than most people my age...Different priorities

So...That was how it started....I'm not really sure how it went from there, to where we are now...With a baby on the way......But, he was obviously mighty damned convincing.....Oh yeah, I think it took a more serious turn when a 'double-wide coffin' was mentioned...lol...(Long but true story)

Turns out he's a Cancer (Scorpio's perfect mate).....It also turned out that he didn't like the club (too many people, he prefers staying at home, where it's just the two of us...He says he hates sharing me, and when we go to the clubs, everyone wants to hang out with us...Well, duh, they're my friends)...haha...But, he DOES like all of my friends.......It's been great...And...No one seems to even notice an age difference...Probably just because we're so much alike, and so comfortable with each other...He even let me pierce his eyebrow...heh:cool:...Now that's GOTTA be love, right? :D

Elvis_Christ
09-22-2005, 09:23 PM
newb's story is the only one that didn't make me wanna fuckin' puke :rolleyes: hope it works out well for you dude :)

This thread is:
http://www.ams.usda.gov/howtobuy/cheese.gif

I bet your all BIG Meg Ryan fans :p

bloodrayne
09-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
newb's story is the only one that didn't make me wanna fuckin' puke :rolleyes: hope it works out well for you dude :)

I bet your all BIG Meg Ryan fans :p HEY!!!...MY story wasn't all sappy and gushy and stuff (Just way too long :D)........Oh...I guess you're referring to the 'eyebrow piercing' thing at the end...lol

So...How did YOU get YOUR girl, huh?...Crack her over the head with a club and drag her home by the hair?:p

Oh...BTW...Just LOOKING at Meg Ryan makes me wanna puke....

Elvis_Christ
09-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
So...How did YOU get YOUR girl, huh?...Crack her over the head with a club and drag her home by the hair?:p

I saw her on the footpath and thought DAMN SHE MUST BE MINE!Not wanting her to get away I ran her over in my car then held her captive and nursed her back to health. She fell for me after I put in so much effort.

......but yeh we knew each other for a couple of years and had mutual friends. One thing led to another and here we are ;)

bloodrayne
09-22-2005, 10:15 PM
I saw her on the footpath and thought DAMN SHE MUST BE MINE!Not wanting her to get away I ran her over in my car then held her captive and nursed her back to health. She fell for me after I put in so much effort.

......but yeh we knew each other for a couple of years and had mutual friends. One thing led to another and here we are ;) Ewww...That's SOOO sappy....lol

Made me think of 'Misery'

Elvis_Christ
09-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Made me think of 'Misery'

I'm glad she doesn't look anything like Kathy Bates :)

How's the baby comming along you must be ready to pop anytime now?

bloodrayne
09-22-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm glad she doesn't look anything like Kathy Bates :)

How's the baby comming along you must be ready to pop anytime now? Actually, I've imagined my belly bursting open, and the baby shooting out and attaching itself to someone's face....lol...Sound familiar?

I DO feel like I'm about to pop.....And, I still have until Christmas :eek: ....Oh well, I can handle it:)

The STE
09-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Oh well, I can handle it:)

That's right you can...

...oh, the pregnancy thing...yeah, I'm sure you can...

MoonLit Meadow
09-22-2005, 10:51 PM

This thread is:
http://www.ams.usda.gov/howtobuy/cheese.gif

I bet your all BIG Meg Ryan fans :p

LOL.

Actually...Newb's story was the ONLY one that made me wanna puke...blow-up dolls are just....ewwwwww ;) No offense Newb...if that's what you're into...I'm happy for both of you ;):p

RoLLiNLiGhTs
09-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by MoonLit Meadow
LOL.

Actually...Newb's story was the ONLY one that made me wanna puke...blow-up dolls are just....ewwwwww ;) No offense Newb...if that's what you're into...I'm happy for both of you ;):p
...And, what's wrong with blow-up dolls....I'm starting a nationwide march, only men with their blow-up dolls....

Your such a racsist againt us blow-up doll lovin dudes....LMFAO!!!!:D ;)

evil_blonde
09-23-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by RoLLiNLiGhTs
...And, what's wrong with blow-up dolls....I'm starting a nationwide march, only men with their blow-up dolls....

Your such a racsist againt us blow-up doll lovin dudes....LMFAO!!!!:D ;)

Why only men? &how is that racist...?

no mulier
09-23-2005, 02:59 AM
That reminds me of one story called Kowlongo Plaything by Alan Temperley, the theme of which one would never likely expect to elicit such...horror: a blowup doll. Anybody else read it?

novakru
09-23-2005, 03:58 AM
I liked that story bloodrayne!

Everybody else-timeout! Put your noses in the corner.

It's OK to be sappy every once in awhile,and Meg Ryan can go suck donkey *&%$.

Zombee
09-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Me and Jenn (My Wife) moved into an apartment accross the hall from each other in 1998 on the same day. She had two roomates and I had two roomates. Here is the funny part I specifically told my roomates being the playboys there are "no fucking the neighbors"we have to live accross the hall from these gals for at least a year. None the less I am the only one that ended up screwing one of the girls and eventually marrying her. Here is the weird part: come to find out her mom used to date my step date right before he met my mom, she grew up in a house my great granpa built and my gpa and gma lived in, she has family in a small town in upstate new york that comes to find out is neighbors of some of my family that lives there also...Spooky huh.

DESTINY IS A FARCE!

kpropain
09-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Me and my girl had friends that we both knew, come to find out that we both lived in the same neighborhood, and next thing you know we're in love...:)

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4527/sarahbday5003eu.jpg

RoLLiNLiGhTs
09-23-2005, 08:32 PM
...Still lookin for "the one"...

DraculaInDallas
09-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by novakru
I don't kick him out of bed for eating crackers:D

I'll bet that's not all he's eating!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D

novakru
09-25-2005, 08:29 PM
LMAOROFL YOU SICK MFER LMAO!!!

Elvis_Christ
09-25-2005, 08:40 PM
*Holds nipple up to the screen* hmmmmmm yeh baby.....

DraculaInDallas
09-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by trippin_the_rif
CLASSY as always. CLASSY as always, Drac.:p

Why thank you my good man!!!!!!! ;)