PDA

View Full Version : Danny Elfman

bloodrayne
09-10-2005, 02:06 AM
So...Tell me he's a genius and you guys love him...right?...RIGHT?:D

All of us love him here...

I just recently realized that he did the music for The Frighteners....I had begun to associate Danny Elfman with Tim Burton so much that I didn't even consider him for Frighteners...Of course, as soon as you hear the music, it's SO obvious......Made me think 'duh'...lol

BTW....Anyone else think that The Frightners feels kinda 'Burtonesque'?.....I mean, watch it and think about it...

AUSTIN316426808
09-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Yes
No
Yes
maybe
Yes
OK(after I finish Nightmare Before Christmas,not sure if my aunt has it though, hope so...haven't seen it in awhile)

newb
09-11-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm a big fan...i even have a few Oingo Boingo CD's. Get his CD, Music for a Darkened Theatre, some great stuff on that one.

ItsAlive75
09-11-2005, 07:31 PM
I found a little secret in Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield.

When they're all fighting in that dive bar, Danny Elfman is the one singing on stage.

Oh, and Nightmare Before Christmas kicks ass.

Elvis_Christ
09-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne

BTW....Anyone else think that The Frightners feels kinda 'Burtonesque'?.....I mean, watch it and think about it...

No way......:eek:

The_Return
09-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
No way......:eek:

I gotta agree with you here. Great movie, and Burton probably could have made it good aswell, but I dont think it would have turned out at all the same.

Arioch
09-25-2005, 05:15 AM
He also did the "Tales for the crypt" theme which is AMAZING....

He does alot without Tim these days, (spiderman 1, and 2 etc) he even has his own symphony debuting pretty soon...his first....

Although i was a little diasspointed with the songs in Corpse Bride....kinda below his usual quality i think...

Maerlyn
09-27-2005, 02:59 AM
He is genius. What he din on Batman, Beetlejuice, Nightmare B. C. etc is awesome. They kick ass, with Burton.