PDA

View Full Version : Kiss ?

Deposable
08-02-2005, 02:37 AM
The band "Kiss" has been somewhat popular for years. But yet, I have never met a "Kiss" fan before, never seen a record, or even a T-Shirt.

How could that be ? They're a horrible rock n roll band with a stupid gimmick. How are they still remembered ?

Elvis_Christ
08-02-2005, 02:51 AM
I know WAY to many Kiss fans.... there was a big Kiss craze over here for a bit a few years back.

urgeok
08-02-2005, 06:39 AM
when they were bad they sucked - when they were good they were great.

i like Kiss quite a bit ...

ItsAlive75
08-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Remember when they "unmasked" on that unplugged set they did? Then they tried being regular musicians without glittery facepaint?

First of all, they were all plug ugly as hell.. or pug fugly, whichever.

Second of all, they weren't good enough musically to make it as regular musicians. KISS needs their gimmick, that's the only thing that keeps their fans. Without black and white makeup, giant boots with spikes on them, and a wardrobe taken straight from Oakland Raiders fans, KISS is just a group of ugly guys who are so-so at playing.

urgeok
08-02-2005, 08:40 AM
there are some really good songs on the Destroyer album i like regardless of the makeup

(do you love me ... great tune)

anyone remember Angel ... the other band on Casablanca that was supposed to be the counterpart to Kiss ... the 'good guys' ?

RoLLiNLiGhTs
08-02-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm a pretty big Kiss fan...and it's all because of they're live show...
I've seen 'em four times in concert....just straight forward rockin for 2 to 3 hours straight....:D

Marroe
08-02-2005, 11:27 AM
oooh, Kiss really does suck.
I do know ONE diehard fan and he makes me sick. It's my firends dad, he's been this way since he was about 12...the only type of conversation the man knows how to hold is about Kiss, he even got Gene Simmons' face tatted on his arm. It seems he doesn't even care about is family...just that sucky shit band.

urgeok
08-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Marroe
oooh, Kiss really does suck.
I do know ONE diehard fan and he makes me sick. It's my firends dad, he's been this way since he was about 12...the only type of conversation the man knows how to hold is about Kiss, he even got Gene Simmons' face tatted on his arm. It seems he doesn't even care about is family...just that sucky shit band.

kiss doesnt suck ... your friends dad does :)

he should grow the fuck up ..

Marroe
08-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
kiss doesnt suck ... your friends dad does :)

he should grow the fuck up .. yes he sould...and Kiss DOES suck! haha, don't you remember shit like "Lick it Up"?:p sluuuurp.

urgeok
08-02-2005, 11:43 AM
yes he sould...and Kiss DOES suck! haha, don't you remember shit like "Lick it Up"?:p sluuuurp.

you're too young to appreciate true rock and roll, misfit girl :P

zomb5150
08-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Back in 1994 when I was graduating high school, I use to be a really big Kiss fan.I played bass in a band and we even played a Kiss song "she" from the dressed to kill album.
I don't really listen to them all that much anymore, their most recent albums have really sucked ass, Carnival of Souls especially.I guess I'm really just a fan of their earlier stuff.
:cool:

Marroe
08-02-2005, 11:50 AM
you're too young to appreciate true rock and roll, misfit girl :P pfft...I love the GOOD stuff, Kiss is a whole other story. To me, They're a WAY overratted one hit wonder.

and don't "Misfit girl" me! At lease they have SOME variety to their tunes (unlike Kisssss):mad: Paul Stanley only has one tune to his cords.

urgeok
08-02-2005, 11:58 AM
pfft...I love the GOOD stuff, Kiss is a whole other story. To me, They're a WAY overratted one hit wonder.

and don't "Misfit girl" me! At lease they have SOME variety to their tunes (unlike Kisssss):mad: Paul Stanley only has one tune to his cords.

kiss kiss kissy kissy (smooch)

MisterSadistro
08-02-2005, 01:46 PM
anyone remember Angel ... the other band on Casablanca that was supposed to be the counterpart to Kiss ... the 'good guys' ?
I never heard them, but I do remember their advert in Creem or Hit Parader magazine when I was a kid. Looked gay as hell and the only thing remotely cool was their 'Angel' logo was the same upside down.
I was a KISS fan when I was 6. I wanted to be Gene Simmons when I grew up. That was fading fast by the time their disco hit came out and was over with when their 'Unmasked' album came out soon after. I like the nostalgia of the time. However, the music is pretty bad. Why do you think they've had so many "farewell" tours in full regalia over the last years ?
CK

moonsorrow
08-02-2005, 01:49 PM
they are huge...but i personaly HATE glamrock

ItsAlive75
08-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by moonsorrow

But its so COOL!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/hotpix2004/misc/dscf3024.jpg

Look at the attitude on those guys...

urgeok
08-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by moonsorrow

i love glamrock - always have..
i appreciate a band that realize that the music is big but if you are going to get people into see you live in a stadium you might as well be entertaining ...

i've always dug bands who appreciate the fact that they have an audience that paid a lot of $$$ to see them.

and again - i always enjoyed the music and the goofy attitudes

ChEEbA
08-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I don't mind KISS, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan...they've done a few things I've listened to and liked at the time.
Speaking of KISS fans, anyone see "detroit rock city"? Actually quite a decent, funny film...

As for bands that make it worth the while going to see 'em, I gotta say Rammstein just about OWNS that categorie.

urgeok
08-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ChEEbA
As for bands that make it worth the while going to see 'em, I gotta say Rammstein just about OWNS that categorie.

yeah i love them too ...more than Kiss...

MisterSadistro
08-02-2005, 06:32 PM
For all-out energy and musicianship, see Fishbone. Great live band and didn't need any stage show.
CK

Elvis_Christ
08-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Rammstein are a terrible band....... all their shit sounds the same but their stage show does look crazy from what I've seen. But when a band rely on all that kinda thing you know there trying to make up for a lack of something.

I prefer Alice Cooper (early stuff when it was the Alice Cooper Band), Misfits or New York Dolls for this.

Deposable
08-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
when a band rely on all that kinda thing you know there trying to make up for a lack of something.

yeah, Penis size....

Elvis_Christ
08-02-2005, 06:45 PM
I bet all those Glam bands had a lot of vaginal envy between each other.....

I just prefer a band that rocks out and doesn't rely on fireworks, makeup and other eye candy to hide the fact of how shit they are.

@MisterSadisto: Are Fishbone still kicking about? I haven't heard them for years.

Marroe
08-02-2005, 08:19 PM
I prefer Alice Cooper (early stuff when it was the Alice Cooper Band), Misfits or New York Dolls for this. :D
do you have that album "From the inside" (er, uh.."On the inside")? My mom has it on vinyl....I've been trying to find it on cd, but no luck yet.
I love the song " How you gonna see me now" makes me teary:(

Elvis_Christ
08-02-2005, 08:51 PM
I haven't seen it around much on CD at all. I'll keep an eye out and post you one if I find it (I saw it cheap awhile ago over here). You'd be better off with the vinyl tho! Alice Cooper is great I was listening to Welcome To My Nightmare before I love the song Black Widow with Vincent Price on the intro.

Marroe
08-03-2005, 12:39 AM
I haven't seen it around much on CD at all. I'll keep an eye out and post you one if I find it (I saw it cheap awhile ago over here). You'd be better off with the vinyl tho! Alice Cooper is great I was listening to Welcome To My Nightmare before I love the song Black Widow with Vincent Price on the intro. I actually found it on soulseek.....guess that's the best I can do just to listen now, I still want the ACTUAL album.

It's funny, I used to play my mom's record a lot, and none of my friends would know who the fuck it was because it's SO different from the sound from him they were used to. And they never believed me when I told them he wrote it when he was locked in an asylum.....I learned a lot about music from Momma:p

Elvis_Christ
08-03-2005, 03:17 AM
Yeh most people are only familar with the Trash era Alice Cooper.
Yeh parents have some cool shit in their collections at times. What other stuff are you into?

urgeok
08-03-2005, 06:27 AM
Rammstein are a terrible band....... all their shit sounds the same but their stage show does look crazy from what I've seen. But when a band rely on all that kinda thing you know there trying to make up for a lack of something.

i heard them before i saw them ...
they have a manic energy .. like they really dig what they are doing ...

i can see where some people might not like them but i'm really in tune with that energy ...

i get different things from different music ..

i think being a musician closes a lot of doors of acceptability

(ignorace IS bliss :)

alkytrio666
08-03-2005, 08:04 AM
I hate KISS. For some reason whenever I'm watching a performance by them I always feel embarrassed for them and for the people there who like them. They just look so stupid up there. I guess maybe that's why I hated Detroit Rock City, too...

Elvis_Christ
08-03-2005, 06:47 PM
i heard them before i saw them ...
they have a manic energy .. like they really dig what they are doing ...

i can see where some people might not like them but i'm really in tune with that energy ...

i get different things from different music ..

(ignorace IS bliss :)

I used to enjoy a lot of their stuff when it first came out over here and I thought their songs were used very effectivley in Lynch's Lost Highway (they've got some evil creepy songs here and there). But now they just annoy me like a lot of modern heavy music. I think it was a combination of them being overplayed and being annoyed by a lot of their dumb wannabe goth fans.

I've got some Dead Moon burnt to CD if you want a copy and some NZ music I was telling you about if you interested let me know. We'll get you listening to some proper music :D

Yellow Jacket
08-03-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm a fan of KISS. Now, I'm not one of those diehard KISS fans though. My dad was when he was young and still listens to them a lot. I also loved Detroit Rock City. Well, I actually preferred it for the hilarious comedy the gang brought (especially Edward Furlong. Big fan of him.)

Elvis_Christ
08-03-2005, 07:01 PM
I enjoyed that movie too reminded me a lot of high school.

nine9
08-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Deposable
The band "Kiss" has been somewhat popular for years. But yet, I have never met a "Kiss" fan before, never seen a record, or even a T-Shirt.

How could that be ? They're a horrible rock n roll band with a stupid gimmick. How are they still remembered ?

Are you fucking kidding! They were the first glam rock band..........very innovative. They got the idea for the makeup from Phantom Of The Paradise..........

You must be a kid.........No.they are not the greatest band that came out of the Seventies......but still a classic. Beats there shit out of the lame shit ass rock bands that have come up in the last ten years............droning little whiners mostly. What ever happened to actual vocalists? Now the singers are cool if they are tone deaf........

Elvis_Christ
08-03-2005, 08:22 PM
What tone deaf singers are you refering too?

Deposable
08-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by nine9
Are you fucking kidding! They were the first glam rock band..........very innovative. They got the idea for the makeup from Phantom Of The Paradise..........

You must be a kid.........No.they are not the greatest band that came out of the Seventies......but still a classic. Beats there shit out of the lame shit ass rock bands that have come up in the last ten years............droning little whiners mostly. What ever happened to actual vocalists? Now the singers are cool if they are tone deaf........

Are you kidding! They were the first glam rock band... What about David Bowie ? The New York Dolls ? All before 1974 like Kiss.

How about Radiohead? Tom Yorke could is more of a vocalists than any member of Kiss or any other band for that case. They are about ten years. Radiohead kills Kiss in any musical area. no, really.

That statement is 100% true. The more of a real musician you really are, closes more doors.

Elvis_Christ
08-04-2005, 03:45 AM
Radiohead *shakes head* I think I hate them more than anything but that's just me....

Being a musician opens as many doors as it closes them. You definatley are more critical of things. Honesty, Passion, Originality and Balls are the most important things I look for in music these days. I love to feel the music ripping thru my soul giving you goosebumbs. The majority of music just doesn't fit into this category..... including a lot of the dinosaur bands (old & new) that are universally accepted as genius.

There will always be a saturation of medicore bands with major label baking and bullshit gimmicks eclipsing the ture talented individuals and are actually doing worthwhile musically.

"Some velvet morning you'll wake up and you'll find
A nest of vipers crawling out of your mind
The sun don't shine with any reason or rhyme
You gotta learn
You gotta burn"

http://www.doseoflogic.com/dwarves/dskull.jpg

nine9
08-04-2005, 04:01 AM
Are you kidding! They were the first glam rock band... What about David Bowie ? The New York Dolls ? All before 1974 like Kiss.

How about Radiohead? Tom Yorke could is more of a vocalists than any member of Kiss or any other band for that case. They are about ten years. Radiohead kills Kiss in any musical area. no, really.

That statement is 100% true. The more of a real musician you really are, closes more doors.

True............... David Bowie........also Gary Glitter. I don't know much about Radiohead. Like I said...Kiss wasn't the best band to come out of the Seventies....but they still were innovative in style. Their music though was catchy, but not genius by any standard.

urgeok
08-04-2005, 06:06 AM
I used to enjoy a lot of their stuff when it first came out over here and I thought their songs were used very effectivley in Lynch's Lost Highway (they've got some evil creepy songs here and there). But now they just annoy me like a lot of modern heavy music. I think it was a combination of them being overplayed and being annoyed by a lot of their dumb wannabe goth fans.

I've got some Dead Moon burnt to CD if you want a copy and some NZ music I was telling you about if you interested let me know. We'll get you listening to some proper music :D

i'll trade you for a DVD burn of cemetary man :)
maybe throw in some canadiana (that you'll hate) as well :)

Deposable
08-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Radiohead *shakes head* I think I hate them more than anything but that's just me....

Honesty, Passion, Originality and Balls are the most important things I look for in music these days.

You think Radiohead has neither of those things. I could understand having no "Balls".

But everyone loves some type of pussy music.

urgeok
08-04-2005, 05:49 PM

music made with a pussy ? hell, i know i do !

Deposable
08-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Exactly! :cool:

ChEEbA
08-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Faggot

Elvis_Christ
08-04-2005, 08:11 PM
You think Radiohead has neither of those things. I could understand having no "Balls".

I guess they do. I used to be into them years ago but just lost interest. Too much negativity and moaning. I got really tired of people going on and on about them and thrashing their albums. A lot of people I know all they'd listen too was Radiohead, Tool, NIN and Deftones. Its just a place in music that I don't like to go anymore.

Have you heard of the Palace Brothers? I was just listening to their song "You Will Miss Me When I Burn". You'd probably really like some of their stuff.

Elvis_Christ
08-04-2005, 08:22 PM
i'll trade you for a DVD burn of cemetary man :)
maybe throw in some canadiana (that you'll hate) as well :)

VHS would be a better idea seems to work out better (I can suss you out some cash for postage). I'd be keen to get a bunch of Italian shit off you.... we've only got the butchered versions over here IF you can find them at all. I'll get a package of CDs away to you in the next couple of weeks.

Deposable
08-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Faggot

Just wondering, but who is that directed that ?

ChEEbA
08-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Nobody actually, I was just thinking about a bundle of sticks at the time.
Must've posted accidentally...where IS my mind?

Deposable
08-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Nobody actually, I was just thinking about a bundle of sticks at the time.
Must've posted accidentally...where IS my mind?

..... of course, you know I think your full of shit. But fuck it, I am not in the mood for typing drama.

ChEEbA
08-04-2005, 10:22 PM
..... of course, you know I think your full of shit

Yeah...I know.

Marroe
08-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeh most people are only familar with the Trash era Alice Cooper.
Yeh parents have some cool shit in their collections at times. What other stuff are you into? I'm all over the damn place in music....I'm Marroe in soulseek also, if you wanna look at some of what I have. That doesn't really define me musically, but there's some great things in there. I guess I don't really have a "style"

ChEEbA
08-04-2005, 10:40 PM
But fuck it, I am not in the mood for typing drama.
!!!slut fuck ass bitch shit bastard motherfucking ho cocksucker piss shitheaded dildo sucking knob jockey mommas boy filthy asslicking son of a biaiaiaaatch!!!

Marroe
08-04-2005, 10:43 PM
I just heard Eric Cartman saying all of that...

ChEEbA
08-04-2005, 10:45 PM
It's for deposable, he likes it.:)

Elvis_Christ
08-04-2005, 10:53 PM
^^ You two still in love? awwwwwwww cutie pies.

I'm all over the damn place in music....I'm Marroe in soulseek also, if you wanna look at some of what I have. That doesn't really define me musically, but there's some great things in there. I guess I don't really have a "style"

Yeah I'm pretty much the same I love all different types of music. But latley I've been listening solely to punk...... with a dash of Blue Cheer, Alice Cooper and Dead Moon.

Deposable
08-04-2005, 11:03 PM
!!!slut fuck ass bitch shit bastard motherfucking ho cocksucker piss shitheaded dildo sucking knob jockey mommas boy filthy asslicking son of a biaiaiaaatch!!!

What is up your ass, today ? fuck. I left you alone. I would like the some respect back and leave me out of your sick fantasys.

Elvis_Christ
08-04-2005, 11:07 PM
:eek: no means no cheeba......

I feel so dirty :(

ChEEbA
08-04-2005, 11:11 PM
What is up your ass, today ? fuck. I left you alone. I would like the some respect back and leave me out of your sick fantasys.

Go cut out your eyeballs out for me, filth...then kill yourself.
You'll never have my respect, you fucking scum.
Fucking crybaby BITCH.

Elvis_Christ
08-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Don't be a dick man.

ChEEbA
08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
The asshole keeps messaging me, constant bullshit. Obviously this is what he wants, all I can do is tell the truth, and not attack from the shadows like the little coward fucker he is.
There's only so long I was gonna put up with it.

Deposable
08-04-2005, 11:30 PM
The asshole keeps messaging me, constant bullshit. Obviously this is what he wants, all I can do is tell the truth, and not attack from the shadows like the little coward fucker he is.
There's only so long I was gonna put up with it.

dude.... what are you talking about. I am dead serious. I never PM'd you once. You just wrote me...

Saying "Fucking Faggot, Die". what the fuck is going on ?

Is this some joke or something ?

ChEEbA
08-04-2005, 11:31 PM
hAha...nah...he aint that bad - that last bit was a lie.
I just felt like making him go all crybaby 'n shit.
He knows he's still my bitch, and I'm bored with this.

I'm sorry about this sedated, and I'm sorry about your face...

bwaaaaah!

Marroe
08-04-2005, 11:35 PM
bwaaaaah! :mad: Mine!

Deposable
08-04-2005, 11:37 PM
hAha...nah...he aint that bad - that last bit was a lie.
I just felt like making him go all crybaby 'n shit.
He knows he's still my bitch, and I'm bored with this.

I'm sorry about this sedated, and I'm sorry about your face...

bwaaaaah!

:rolleyes: Wow, your cool.

I am sorry that your dog died, but you don't gotta be a douche bag for no reason.

Fucking schizophrenic asshole.

Elvis_Christ
08-05-2005, 03:07 AM
Real cool Cheeba :rolleyes:

http://www.russellcroweheaven.com/bio/bio3/thumbs-up-%20tongue.jpg

ChEEbA
08-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, WAAAAY cool, 'cuz. :rolleyes:
!CHOICE!

Elvis_Christ
08-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Jake the Muss would kick Rusty's ass anytime anywhere! I'd like to see him throw a phone at him.