PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Land of the Dead with...

HappyCamper
06-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Well on friday, I'm going to go see 'Land of the Dead' with a sexy woman I met online. She seems really cool, we both love zombie movies, we like some of the same music. Hopefully we'll hit it off.

Gren the cake
06-22-2005, 08:05 PM
^_^ good luck with that! horror movies r always much more fun when u watch them with sexy people

i cant really remember the last time i saw a horror movie with a sexy person. not that there have really been any that have caught my interest lately.. (movies, that is)

MoonLit Meadow
06-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by HappyCamper
Well on friday, I'm going to go see 'Land of the Dead' with a sexy woman I met online. She seems really cool, we both love zombie movies, we like some of the same music. Hopefully we'll hit it off.

LOL. Best of luck to you! Have fun :D

ItsAlive75
06-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Be careful, "she" could be an old man....

I found that out the hard way...

ChEEbA
06-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Going to see Land of the Dead with...
...my jimmy in my hand

You really make it too easy...

MoonLit Meadow
06-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Be careful, "she" could be an old man....

LMAO. Yeah hasn't that happened to you like 12 times already? ;)

ItsAlive75
06-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by MoonLit Meadow
LMAO. Yeah hasn't that happened to you like 12 times already? ;)

I don't count the 12th time, at least THAT guy took me out to dinner.

MoonLit Meadow
06-22-2005, 08:41 PM
I don't count the 12th time, at least THAT guy took me out to dinner.

LOL! That's true. Maybe next time you'll at least get an OLD LADY;)

ItsAlive75
06-22-2005, 08:43 PM
LOL! That's true. Maybe next time you'll at least get an OLD LADY;)

I don't care what sex, as long as they're buying.:D

MoonLit Meadow
06-22-2005, 08:45 PM
I don't care what sex, as long as they're buying.:D

Fine, stick with the dudes then...not my loss ;)

OMG...you don't even KNOW how badly I'm ready to take over this thread btw. ;)

ItsAlive75
06-22-2005, 08:47 PM

OMG...you don't even KNOW how badly I'm ready to take over this thread btw. ;)

I was about to give you the standard warning about that...

"Be caaaaaarefuuuuul...":D

MoonLit Meadow
06-22-2005, 08:49 PM
I was about to give you the standard warning about that...

"Be caaaaaarefuuuuul...":D

Balls. You're no fun :( Make a thread already so we can play;)

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
06-22-2005, 09:12 PM
At least you picked an interesting movie to go see ..let me know how it was, Happy Camper. Good luck with the chick by the way;)

barbra
06-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Im seeing three people right now
a hot boy
a adorable boy
and a smart boy

anyways, the adorable one asked me first.

Deposable
06-23-2005, 02:03 AM

Sorry.. that was me...

I bet that girl is as fat as a cow and smells like rotten garlic.

AUSTIN316426808
06-23-2005, 02:16 AM
I'm going to see it my myself tomorrow night, the theatre starts playing the weekend's new films midnight Thursday.

urgeok
06-23-2005, 05:56 AM
i"m seeing it with molly beavers, the half paralyzed dwarf ... i can get her in for childs admission and she can scramble around on the floor if i drop my popcorn - so i wont miss any of the movie.

MoonLit Meadow
06-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Deposable
Sorry.. that was me...

I bet that girl is as fat as a cow and smells like rotten garlic.

:eek: That'd be a let down..... ;)

HappyCamper
06-23-2005, 07:37 PM
:eek: That'd be a let down..... ;)

Yeah, that would really suck.

MoonLit Meadow
06-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah, that would really suck.

I'm sure she won't be...why would she send you hot pics and then show up looking different? I doubt she'd pull something like that ;) It'd be kind of...uncomfortable.

Deposable
06-23-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm sure she won't be...why would she send you hot pics and then show up looking different? I doubt she'd pull something like that ;) It'd be kind of...uncomfortable.

Yeah, that never happens online :rolleyes:

MoonLit Meadow
06-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Deposable
Yeah, that never happens online :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know that it DOES happen...but I was trying to stay positive for him ;) So HUSH!

IDrinkYourBlood
06-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Im spending like 50 buxx tonight at the theater.. Movie tickets will be 20 buxx for the both of us and about 30 for treats. Im gonna get a big ass drink and popcorn and my gf will probably get a poutin and a medium drink.

barbra
06-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood
poutin and a medium drink. is that the french fry gravy cheese thing?

The_Return
06-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by barbra
is that the french fry gravy cheese thing?

Yep

And HC...just how desperate are you?

ShankS
06-24-2005, 10:40 AM

I bet her name's Jim, he it swallows on first date.

HappyCamper
06-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
Yep

And HC...just how desperate are you?

I'm not desperate at all..just someone to go see a movie with. I'm not looking for a relationship or anything.

meetthecreeper
06-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
i"m seeing it with molly beavers, the half paralyzed dwarf ... i can get her in for childs admission and she can scramble around on the floor if i drop my popcorn - so i wont miss any of the movie.

So your the one she blew me off for:mad:

When you meet someone online and go out on a date my rule of thumb is (actually its rule of wrist) if she is wearing a skirt and a lot of makeup, I have to stick my hand up there.

If I dont grab hold of a tree trunk :eek: the date can continue.

This actually happened to a guy I used to work with, but they were a little farther along on the date :eek:

HappyCamper
06-24-2005, 01:04 PM
well she called yesterday, while I was on a film set to let me know that she could still go but only if we went to an earlier show, and of course me, being a dumbass didn't check my messages until about a half hour ago. So now it looks like I'll be going by myself. Well at least I can get a refund for her ticket.

MoonLit Meadow
06-24-2005, 01:05 PM
well she called yesterday, while I was on a film set to let me know that she could still go but only if we went to an earlier show, and of course me, being a dumbass didn't check my messages until about a half hour ago. So now it looks like I'll be going by myself. Well at least I can get a refund for her ticket.

That sucks :( Sorry to hear that. Why not exchange your tickets for a show tomorrow night or something? A time when you can both go? :)

HappyCamper
06-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah the show we had original planned to go to is at 7:40, so I'm hoping I'll hear from her before then, so I can either get refunds for both tickets and go to a show tomorrow nite, or get a refund for the ticket I got for her, go myself and then go set it again tomorrow nite.

MoonLit Meadow
06-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah the show we had original planned to go to is at 7:40, so I'm hoping I'll hear from her before then, so I can either get refunds for both tickets and go to a show tomorrow nite, or get a refund for the ticket I got for her, go myself and then go set it again tomorrow nite.

That's cool. Well, let us know how it all turned out. Have fun whatever you decide to do :)

HappyCamper
06-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Well I just found out that she definitely won't be going tonite, so I've decided to go by myself. I'm gonna get there early so I can get the other ticket refunded hopefully, and get a good seat.

Then hopefully I'll get to take her too see it some other time. I love zombie movies.

ShankS
06-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Well I just found out that she definitely won't be going tonite, so I've decided to go by myself. I'm gonna get there early so I can get the other ticket refunded hopefully, and get a good seat.

Then hopefully I'll get to take her too see it some other time. I love zombie movies.

sod the company... enjoy the zombie gore ;)

I've gota wait till July29th to get to see it :(

Hate_Breeder
06-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Your lucky. I have money but not a ride to the theatre (20 miles away)

*snaps fingers*

urgeok
06-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by meetthecreeper
So your the one she blew me off for:mad:

When you meet someone online and go out on a date my rule of thumb is (actually its rule of wrist) if she is wearing a skirt and a lot of makeup, I have to stick my hand up there.

If I dont grab hold of a tree trunk :eek: the date can continue.

This actually happened to a guy I used to work with, but they were a little farther along on the date :eek:

if it is a dwarf and you stick your mitt up there to check - she can double as a hand puppet !

filmmaker2
06-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Just got back from the theatre down the street from me! I would consider this to be a "fun" movie.

Without going into a total critique, I can say that, if you're going there for the gore, well, don't let the R rating worry you. It's plenty gory and they rip a lotta people real good! As a matter of fact, I'm surprised they got away with as much as they did.

HappyCamper
06-24-2005, 05:53 PM
well I went and saw it by myself.

not to ruin it for those that havent' seen it...

but...

Land of the Dead was fucking awesome!

MoonLit Meadow
06-24-2005, 08:32 PM
I also just got back from seeing LOTD. I agree, it was a very fun movie...not 5 stars or anything...but still very entertaining. :)

barbra
06-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
Just got back from the theatre down the street from me! I would consider this to be a "fun" movie.

Without going into a total critique, I can say that, if you're going there for the gore, well, don't let the R rating worry you. It's plenty gory and they rip a lotta people real good! As a matter of fact, I'm surprised they got away with as much as they did. I thought it was a little lite in the gore department

HappyCamper
06-25-2005, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by barbra
I thought it was a little lite in the gore department

I'd have to agree, I think a lot of the gore was gore from a distance, meaning that there wasn't a lot of in your face gore. Lots of distance body squibs stuff like that. Although there where some pretty gorey scenes. I wish they would have had some more exploding heads. I do know everyone in the audience kind of moaned at the part where the zombie rips out a woman's belly piercing.

IDrinkYourBlood
06-25-2005, 06:28 AM
its no day of the dead when it comes to gore or story, but it was entertaining and not half bad. 4/5. Deffinitly gonna pick this up on dvd with the extra 6 minutes.

barbra
06-25-2005, 11:19 AM
I do know everyone in the audience kind of moaned at the part where the zombie rips out a woman's belly piercing. the theater where I was at people laughed at that and when the guy had his belly ripped open, that was so set up you saw it coming from like 5 minutes away.

IDrinkYourBlood
06-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Every one in my theater laughed whenever they mentioned heading up to Canada. :D

Deposable
06-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Lite in the gore! Are you guys joking or fucking stupid? How much blood do you need in a movie.

That movie is one of George's best, I loved every second of it. I want more!