PDA

View Full Version : Dear Urgeok and Zwoti...

Vulpius
05-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Dear Urgeok and Zwoti,

I am sorry if my post caused you offense. You love horror? I love horror too. Whether reading it - Poe, Lovecraft, Weird Tales etc or old moveis from the classic Universal Pictures or European stuff, Hammer, Bava, Argento etc.

I love horror enough to make the effort to produce my own horror magazine. I joined the horror.com forum to share that with anyone that might be interested - clearly not including yourself. I have posted seven forums around the world - I do not call that spamming.

I am not a faceless corporation peddling unwanted crap, diplomas or genital enhancements. I am just a guy who loves horror. I made my own magazine of classic horror short stories. I would like to sell it to those who would appreciate it in order to finance making a second issue. That is all. www.trans-horrorexpress.com

My apologies for causing you so much offense. Do other forum members feel so affronted, I wonder?

Angra
05-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Vulpius
Dear Urgeok and Zwoti,

I am sorry if my post caused you offense. You love horror? I love horror too. Whether reading it - Poe, Lovecraft, Weird Tales etc or old moveis from the classic Universal Pictures or European stuff, Hammer, Bava, Argento etc.

I love horror enough to make the effort to produce my own horror magazine. I joined the horror.com forum to share that with anyone that might be interested - clearly not including yourself. I have posted seven forums around the world - I do not call that spamming.

I am not a faceless corporation peddling unwanted crap, diplomas or gental enhancements. I am just a guy who loves horror. I made my own magazine of classic horror short stories. I would like to sell it to those who would appreciate it in order to finance making a second issue. That is all. www.trans-horrorexpress.com

My apologies for causing you so much offense. Do other forum members feel so affronted, I wonder?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

BAN HIM, KILL HIM, GET HIM AWAAAAY!!!!

LOL

Sorry, couldnīt help it.

:cool:

jay o2 waster
05-06-2005, 09:02 AM
go away

urgeok
05-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Dear Urgeok and Zwoti,

I am not a faceless corporation peddling unwanted crap, diplomas or genital enhancements. I am just a guy who loves horror. I made my own magazine of classic horror short stories. I would like to sell it to those who would appreciate it in order to finance making a second issue. That is all. www.trans-horrorexpress.com

when i first came here to this forum i couldnt understand why people gave spammers such a flame bath ... i figured it was no big deal.

then as i put in my time .. shooting the shit about movies and any other thing that came along - getting to know the other members .. getting a sense of community (as much as you can on the faceless internet) i began to understand why people got so irate.

We're in here yakking, looking forward to some fun or informative posts to respond to and along comes some guy who make a post (or even worse - many posts) about some other web site .. or something .. then they piss off never to be heard from again.

This is the forum equivalent to junk mail.
Its like someone comes in, craps up your mailbox while you're waiting for an anticipated letter .. nope, no letter here, just some penis enlargement ads.

there is a proper place for this stuff - so if there is anyone interested in this stuff people know where to look.
If you dont know where that is then it shows everyone that you didnt even bother to get aquainted with the place before you decided to peddle your wares.

another thing that bugs people is that a high percentage of the stuff that does get pimped is either inappropriate or just shit quality ... That will make anyone wary.

So thats it in a nutshell ..

you want to sell something :

1) research the site - get to know your way around. Post in the proper part of the forum.
2) get to know the people .. post more than just pimp posts
3) have something worth selling.
4) be prepared to get flamed - because even if you do everything right - there are still people who will just use you as an excuse to have someone to bitch at.

zwoti
05-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
2) get to know the people .. post more than just pimp posts

see the above point........if the only reason you are here is to pimp your stuff, then you get everything you deserve.

if you become a part of the forum then the odd pimp would be overlooked (hell we let vod get away with enough), by coming straight in with the pimping you've jumped onto the spammer bandwagon

if you want to talk about stuff, then welcome
if you're here to pimp your stuff, you know where the door is

Vulpius
05-06-2005, 01:28 PM
I got flamed. I deserved it. I am not going to waste anymore of you guys time but just wanted to say sorry. I read your posts and get the point. Points well made.

Its easy to disappeaer up your own ass when you have put so much energy into making something and forget that other people have other shit going on and ...oh well if someone crapped in my mail box I guess I'd be pretty pissed too. Lesson learned.

But if you really like horror stories then why not visit....kidding.

Now I will, finally go away.......

The STE
05-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Fuck You

urgeok
05-06-2005, 02:31 PM
I got flamed. I deserved it. I am not going to waste anymore of you guys time but just wanted to say sorry. I read your posts and get the point. Points well made.

Its easy to disappeaer up your own ass when you have put so much energy into making something and forget that other people have other shit going on and ...oh well if someone crapped in my mail box I guess I'd be pretty pissed too. Lesson learned.

But if you really like horror stories then why not visit....kidding.

Now I will, finally go away.......

no one said go away ..
stay and post and get involved ..

DarthBane666
05-06-2005, 02:34 PM
no one said go away ..
stay and post and get involved ..

Yes....
Lead them to Us.
You cannot Deny the degree of Pain and Misery that shall soon engulf all that surround your congregation.

As your Pain shall last.......

Only an Eternity.

zwoti
05-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by DarthBane666
Yes....
Lead them to Us.
You cannot Deny the degree of Pain and Misery that shall soon engulf all that surround your congregation.

Only an Eternity.

so roger, taxes.......a good thing or not?

chrisbarnesfan1
05-06-2005, 04:19 PM
go away you waste of a bum wipe

Aasiyan
05-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by DarthBane666
Yes....
Lead them to Us.

Only an Eternity.

Umm.... Did something bad happen to this person as a child or something?

bloodrayne
05-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Aasiyan
Umm.... Did something bad happen to this person as a child or something? Shh...He's mentally challenged....Try to be kind

:D

urgeok
05-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Shh...He's mentally challenged....Try to be kind

\:D

some kids get dropped when they're little .... some get drop-kicked.

Aasiyan
05-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Oh, righhhht..... Um. I mean, he has great use of big words and sentence structure.

(How's that?):D ;) :D

urgeok
05-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Oh, righhhht..... Um. I mean, he has great use of big words and sentence structure.

(How's that?):D ;) :D

he's cutting and pasting out of a dungeons and dragons manuel and old conan the barbarian comic books.

Aasiyan
05-06-2005, 09:37 PM
he's cutting and pasting out of a dungeons and dragons manuel and old conan the barbarian comic books.

Aww... Now that's just sad.:( Poor little guy!

bloodrayne
05-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Aww... Now that's just sad.:( Poor little guy! Aha...Interesting choice of words...Perhaps that is his problem.....

Could be 'little' as in 'under the age of ten' but I swear I know 9 year olds that are far more mature...

Or perhaps 'little' in some other sense......hmmm....Ya know, Napoleon had a powerful need to 'conquer', too:p

Gren the cake
05-06-2005, 10:17 PM
for every 100 people thats gonna bitch and complain, theres gonna be a few that ACTUALLY do click on it and perhap even buy something

in the end, its much more worth it to him to paste the same post in 50 forums, than to take the time and 'befriend' 1 forum, just to post it eventually later (and im sure, disappear).

business as usual! go you!!1oneoneelevenone

ShankS
05-07-2005, 12:28 AM
ah shit, bane came back and I wasn't around.