PDA

View Full Version : What was that film?

phill825
11-01-2004, 10:16 AM
I'm trying to recall the name of a film I saw as a child in the 70's. Here's what I remember of it:

It had a boy (around 10-12) whose twin died (supposedely the "evil" twin) who now instructs the "good" boy to do bad things. In one scene the boy is directed to steal a ring from the finger of a dead relative, and must sever her finger to do so.

I'm not sure of the setting of the film, or whether it was American or not. But I think it ends up at the end that either there was never a twin (evil or otherwise) in the first place, and the kid himself was just doing all the bad things and blames his "twin"...

Anyway, this has been puzzling me for such a long time, now. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Mike

urgeok
11-01-2004, 11:22 AM
the other .. based on a thomas Tyron book .. excellent movie

urgeok
11-01-2004, 11:24 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069050/

sorry .. there's the link ..
John Ritter is in it !

phill825
11-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Thanks, Urgeok... that's the one! I'll try to find it at the local video store to rent.

-Mike

urgeok
11-02-2004, 06:29 AM
good luck !

I havent see it anywhere ... you might have to check Ebay ..

its worth it though . its a fantastic film ...

and .. you're welcome ...

Torrent
11-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for horror or slasher films that make use of headphones or walkmans. (Perhaps where the victim is caught unawares because they're listening to music.) Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Thepuppetmaster
11-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Ichi the killer

FilthyCannibal
11-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Nightmare on Elm Street. When Johnny Depp is killed

dantehorrorfan
11-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by FilthyCannibal
Nightmare on Elm Street. When Johnny Depp is killed Agreed. best death scene in the film by the way

Death By Jell-O
11-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Trick Or Treat.
The Headphones heat up and melt this guys ears and face. It's pretty hot.

Hate_Breeder
Well this is fucking random..

Thepuppetmaster
ok

deftones6
11-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if any of you horror movie buffs could help me out. I LOVE horror. When I was younger, say around 1996 or so I rented this movie. I'm pretty sure it was either the late 60's or 70's. I can't remember the title to save my life. it was wicked creepy. It took place on a farm...well, i cant remember if it was a farm or a ranch style house. :mad: All I remember is that the title included Saint (something or another) 's Farm or something to that effect. it was a slow,creepy movie. Nothing like TX Chainsaw Massa. But it was a definate B movie. God it was frightening but I just cant remember it. it involved decapitating...I know some of you are thinking what horror film doesn't. well, if you have any suggestions please drop me a line at [email protected]. I wish I had more info.
thanks!!!hi Love :confused:

kpropain
11-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Hmm a little more info on the plot or the people involved might help......

ShankS
11-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by deftones6
Hi,
I was wondering if any of you horror movie buffs could help me out. I LOVE horror. When I was younger, say around 1996 or so I rented this movie. I'm pretty sure it was either the late 60's or 70's. I can't remember the title to save my life. it was wicked creepy. It took place on a farm...well, i cant remember if it was a farm or a ranch style house. :mad: All I remember is that the title included Saint (something or another) 's Farm or something to that effect. it was a slow,creepy movie. Nothing like TX Chainsaw Massa. But it was a definate B movie. God it was frightening but I just cant remember it. it involved decapitating...I know some of you are thinking what horror film doesn't. well, if you have any suggestions please drop me a line at [email protected]. I wish I had more info.
thanks!!!hi Love :confused:

actors names? other things in the film?

the only horror with saint in the title I can think of is Saint Sinner, but that was way later than the 60's or 70's

deftones6
11-02-2004, 08:10 PM
cant really remember too much. i guess thats my own fault for being like 13 when it I finally saw it. it involved a girl and a guy.....(stop me if you've heard this one) um yeah back to my shitty lack of description. it was a girl and a guy and one more man who kinda lurked in and out of the shadows. god. this is awful...well, thanks to anyone who tries to help,lol i know im not very clear. i wish i remembered more. i just remember thinking it was an extraordinary film!

fevrish
11-03-2004, 02:27 PM
I don't rember much about this movie but had a impact on me as a kid.It involved large locust and possibly the end of the world..near the end there was a large fire in one of the big cities(maybe new york/chicogo) there was a large firery face that resembled the devil and a man was on a fire truck ladder and swung the the ladder into the firery face.I only seen small parts of this show but the images were long lasting.Any help out there let me know I have tried various searchs at guessing cross references but aparently locust and the devil cross reference lots of times to lots of things.I viewed this show early to mid 70's and believ it was black and white

zwoti
11-03-2004, 02:31 PM
quatermass and the pit (aka Five Million Years to Earth)

fevrish
11-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Holy somes that is freaking fast...I spent years mulling and wondering now I know in seconds.Thanks a million!!!!

zwoti
11-03-2004, 02:40 PM
b&w means it is the tv version and the city in question was london.

urgeok
11-03-2004, 04:18 PM
is that or the other Quartermass films available in any format ?
I was finally able to get a copy of 5 Million Years to Earth off of TV a few years back but I'd love to get the origional and i've never seen the others.

It haunted me as a kid too and i searched for that one for ages ..