PDA

View Full Version : the ring 2

evilfromhell
10-31-2004, 12:52 AM
Has anyone seen the new preview for the ring 2 it looks like it kicks as. i saw it the other day looks better then the 1st one. the little girl is bak to kick as!!! yeah.

necromancer2643
10-31-2004, 07:16 AM
cool.. i was hoping Samara would be back.... The ring was pretty decent...

KRUGERKID13
10-31-2004, 12:54 PM
thank god its been so long since we had an overhyped horror remake in theaters

xI_dork_Ix
10-31-2004, 10:18 PM
I saw the previews for the new one, it looks good.

GorePhobia
11-01-2004, 06:12 AM
the new one looks pretty sweet....upsetting that Samara isnt really in the movie....so i guess we'll see

Preacher
11-01-2004, 07:48 AM
Seen the Jap version of ring 2 and day like it much. Bit borin compared to the first

Ash x

alixzander
11-01-2004, 02:22 PM
i enjoyed the ring. where can i see the trailer?

RavenNevermore
11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Oh, God, they're making ANOTHER one? The first one sucked, they really skrewed up the good piece of work the Ring was when in Japan. However the mangas are pretty decent...though if it's anything like the 2nd manga- the Ring 2- it might be a bit hard to follow. If they're going to continue, they may possibly make the Ring 3. I don't know, it's just a guess, based on the fact that 'Spiral' AKA 'the Ring 3' is now on the shelves.

GorePhobia
11-02-2004, 10:34 AM
to let you all know....the Ring 2 is not any which way connected to Ringu 2 its a full American sequal to the original ring

RavenNevermore
11-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Damn...well, it's probably going to suck then if it's anything like the American adaptation.

Cheeba V2.0
11-03-2004, 01:44 AM
raven...the one you say is ring3 "spiral"...I think you may have been confused.
Spiral....sounds like "uzumaki" This was an completely unrelated movie apparently based on a manga.

deftones6
11-03-2004, 06:41 AM
There's going to be a second Ring huh? Where can I see the trailer. Please don't tell me it's just going to be called "The Ring:2"

GorePhobia
11-03-2004, 09:43 AM
yes it is just called the ring two

go to www.bloody-digsgusting.com and look for the trailer

zwoti
11-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Cheeba V2.0
raven...the one you say is ring3 "spiral"...I think you may have been confused.
Spiral....sounds like "uzumaki" This was an completely unrelated movie apparently based on a manga.

uzumaki is called vortex.

the spiral continues drectly after the events in ringu

evilfromhell
11-03-2004, 04:50 PM
they are alos sopuosed to make a prequel to this starting up series. but im not sure if it is goin to happen for sure but im pretty sure i will. with all the other prequels comin out and all. wouldnt be suprized if they made one for this one

GorePhobia
11-03-2004, 05:03 PM
id rather have sequal then prequal

RavenNevermore
11-04-2004, 09:51 PM
*shrugs* Well, I wouldn't know. I'm not exactly a huge fan of the Ring, I mean it's good and all but I'm not as obsessed with it as you seem to be...
However, when translated into English, you get 'Spiral' not 'Vortex,' but of course when can you ever trust America? Damn conformist country. I do know that most people are calling it 'the Ring 3' but I do agree it is just a bit too...what's the word I'm looking for...*different* I guess, to be yet another Ringu. It does follow a similar story line however, I think that's how I got confused.

MichaelMyers
11-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Pushed to March 24th 2005( a Thursday?). Here's the excuse,

Variety writes:
DreamWorks has pushed back the release of "The Ring 2" from November to Thursday, March 24, due to production delays.

Contributing to the slowdown were a last-minute director switch last spring and a need to coordinate with actress Naomi Watts' schedule.

In March, Hideo Nakata took over the helming reins soon after Noam Murro dropped out.

The Japanese director helmed the original "Ringu," upon which 2002 horror pic "The Ring" was based.

Jim Tharp, head of DreamWorks distribution, said the new date was chosen for its proximity to school and college spring holidays.

"Kids will be out of school and colleges will be out as well," he said.

The first "Ring" was released in October. Tharp said that while Halloween may have complemented the pic's scary theme, most of the film's business was done on the weekend because Oct. 31 is not an official holiday.

"Ring 2," in contrast, will be "more of a spring break kind of business."

Shooting began in May. A wrap date has not yet been determined.

evil_blonde
11-14-2004, 10:42 PM
I like the Ring the first time I saw it, but then I saw it again and I just didn't seem to care. Maybe because the first time I saw it I was in a dark room with a good sized TV and it was quiet. The second time it was a shitty tv, too much light in the room and people running around and making a whole lotta noise.
Ok I'm babbling.

All I mean to say is it's only an average movie to me now, maybe if you're so 'obsessed' with it then you should watch it just a few more times.

The Ring 2 seems ok, ut I don't know much about it. Can someone tell me about the general story line?

tachii
11-18-2004, 09:39 AM
you had to expect a sequel though, considering the ring is the japanesse version of kruger

dracesc
11-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by evilfromhell
Has anyone seen the new preview for the ring 2 it looks like it kicks as. i saw it the other day looks better then the 1st one.

It will be much better than the disastrous Ring remake because they've woken up and hired Nakata to direct, following in the footsteps of the recent Grudge remake. (All credit to Takashi to be able to direct the same film for a third time and still make it work!)

As for Rasen (the Spiral), it was originally shown back-to-back with Ringu in Japanese cinemas. Ringu 2 was made because audiences loved Ringu and hated Rasen - personally, i didn't mind it and it expalins Sadako's story in a different way to the later prequel Ringu 0: Basudei. Following the recent success of Ringu and Jap remakes in general, look out for Ring 0 after Ring 2 as Ringu 0 is already a part of the Japanese series :D

Also watch out for "Dark Water" (trailer (http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=2810)) coming to a cinema near you soon, another Nakata film (Japanese title Honogurai mizu no soko kara - some mouthful!) which, unfortunately, will not be directed by the man himself.
:confused:

~dracesc~

Angelakillsluts
11-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Ring 2 looks awesome, I can't wait.