PDA

View Full Version : StarWars Trilogy

ShankS
09-29-2004, 02:06 PM
yeah yeah.. I know it aint horror..lol :D ... well Jabba is a big fat scary stinker

anyway, just cracked open my new StarWars DVD boxset, and bloody heck, I'm amazed at how good the transfer from tape to disc has gone. The picture clarity and sound quality is just awesome.

Guys, If you aint got them on DVD yet, I suggest to go down the bank and raid that account and get yourself a boxset tommorow.... then crank up the surround sound system.

:)

zwoti
09-29-2004, 02:11 PM
do we have to buy them even if we don't like star wars?

jay o2 waster
09-29-2004, 02:14 PM
I am refusing to buy them

ShankS
09-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by zwoti
do we have to buy them even if we don't like star wars?

in short..... yes.

Sistinas
09-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Its definately on my must own list!

vampire queen
09-29-2004, 03:38 PM
I am so glad to know there are star wars fans here!

I can not wait to get it. Are there any extras on the DVD that were not on the VHS?

MichaelMyers
09-29-2004, 03:42 PM
In another life, I was Boba Fett.

AmarylandPsycho
09-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Im savin my money. Im bettin on an ever bigger even more complete even more expensive box set. One with all the movies and with all kinds of rockin extras

ShankS
09-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by vampire queen
I am so glad to know there are star wars fans here!

I can not wait to get it. Are there any extras on the DVD that were not on the VHS?

there's a 4th disk with:

'Empire Of Dreams: The Story Of The Star Wars Trilogy' documentary (150 mins)
'The Birth Of The Lightsabre' featurette
'The Characters Of Star Wars' featurette
'The Force Is With Them: The Legacy Of Star Wars' featurette
1977 Original and 1997 Special Edition re-release trailers and teaser trailers
1977 Original and 1997 Special Edition re-release TV spots
Poster gallery
Never before seen production artwork gallery
Link to the Starwars.com website with exclusive DVD-Rom content
Behind the scenes preview of Episode III, including a sneak peek at the new Darth Vader costume forged for Episode III
'Star Wars: Battlefront' Xbox game preview

vampire queen
09-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ShankS
there's a 4th disk with:
Awesome

dantehorrorfan
09-29-2004, 07:21 PM
DAMN I CANT WAIT TO GET THIS BOXSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arioch
09-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Lucas changed too much.....changing bubba fetts voice....superimposing new obi wan's face onto the old one...and Vaders face at the end of Jedi is made to look like new Anakin...i think thats bullshit....

amycutthroat
09-29-2004, 07:29 PM
a) i didn't see them yet so don't spoil it
b) someone buy this for me
c) mom, read point b.

Arioch
09-29-2004, 08:42 PM
c) mom, read point b.

LMAO!!!!

DaBroMain
09-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
Lucas changed too much.....changing bubba fetts voice....superimposing new obi wan's face onto the old one...and Vaders face at the end of Jedi is made to look like new Anakin...i think thats bullshit....

What a faggot lucas has become that shit sux sooo bad and i was gonna go out an buy them too. I wanna see the fucking originals not the new cg superimposed bullshit. awwwwww fucking gaynuss.

Malicious_Mirth
09-29-2004, 08:47 PM
HE DID WHAT???????

he changed obi wans face?????

WTF ?????

why and why

and why would he make darth vader different

JESUS I HATE THE HOLLYWOOD TYPES!!!!

DaBroMain
09-29-2004, 08:53 PM
I dont care how fucking much the new movies kinda sucked you cant go and change the original obiwon fucking kenobis face. wtf....

Tubalcain
09-29-2004, 08:57 PM
yeah, that man kicked ass, can't think of his real name though. i doubt they would have done it if he were still alive.

DaBroMain
09-29-2004, 08:59 PM
yeah you are prolly right. But its not the original classic anymore. now its just a hollywood movie. and thats not saying much...:mad:

Vodstok
09-30-2004, 04:00 AM
Ilove star wars and i want this ( i dont buy that "superimposed" statement, sounds to me like arioch was bein funny)

Bree is going to give me dirty looks..... She knows i had a crush on princess leia when i was like 8 and wont let me live it down. she hisses whenever she sees her on tv... She was a looker back in the day, but jesus, the years have been hard on her.....

ShankS
09-30-2004, 05:15 AM
Obi Wans face hasnt changed, or if it has been edited, you will not notice any difference..... I did not. as I said before, the picture quality is outstanding, every part of the film is crystal clear, and any minor changes or additions to the first film (i've not watched the next two yet) are subtle.

I would have prefered the original films without the added few bits, but after seeing the new versions on DVD, I can say that Iam very pleased with the release.

amycutthroat
09-30-2004, 05:28 AM
my thoughts are this: the trilogy cannot be as bad as the new episodes because there is no jar jar and hayden christiansen isn't trying to act his way out of a wet paper bag.

Vodstok
09-30-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by amycutthroat
my thoughts are this: the trilogy cannot be as bad as the new episodes because there is no jar jar and hayden christiansen isn't trying to act his way out of a wet paper bag. here here!

amycutthroat
09-30-2004, 05:46 AM
i've seen that tool in two movies, ep 2 and "life as a house"

I have come to the conclusion that he has dirty pictures fo important people and is thus employed due to his blackmail efforts.

Vodstok
09-30-2004, 05:51 AM
Maybe lucas likes young men... Hey, hayden was better than the little shit who played anakin in episode one. Jake lloyd? shit, he could act his way thorugh wet tissue...

amycutthroat
09-30-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Maybe lucas likes young men... Hey, hayden was better than the little shit who played anakin in episode one. Jake lloyd? shit, he could act his way thorugh wet tissue... the fact remains though that young anakin was at least young. that kid is already 10 times better than hayden, who is a grown man. I could have strapped down my boobs and done a much better job as anakin.

oh wow, i sound like such a geek.

Vodstok
09-30-2004, 06:05 AM
nah, no strapping. You could do like carrie fisher in the ifrst one and duct tape them up, because apparently they dont have bras in the star wars universe.

Honestly, i think they would sell more tickets if anikan had breasts...:D

amycutthroat
09-30-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok

Honestly, i think they would sell more tickets if anikan had breasts...:D just for the love scene with natalie portman. most dudes love a good girl on girl.

HappyCamper
09-30-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by DaBroMain
I dont care how fucking much the new movies kinda sucked you cant go and change the original obiwon fucking kenobis face. wtf....

They didn't change Obiwon's face, they changed Anakin's 'Ghost' image in ROTJ to match the new Anakin from episode II ...

still wtf?

Vodstok
09-30-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by amycutthroat
just for the love scene with natalie portman. most dudes love a good girl on girl.

i think i could overlook the discrepancy for one scene :D

HappyCamper
09-30-2004, 06:16 AM
In my honest opinion.......... WTF! stop fucking with Episodes IV-VI
and just release the originals without any of this CGI Bullshit.

I bet you in a few months, Lucas (dumbass!) will release them on DVD as the original box set, with no changes. Just so he can make his rich ass richer

dantehorrorfan
09-30-2004, 09:31 AM
true,true ill just wait intill the originals to come out if they ever fuckin do:mad:

ShankS
09-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by dantehorrorfan
true,true ill just wait intill the originals to come out if they ever fuckin do:mad:

They arnt. They were released in this form, as Lucas wanted the viewers to see the films as he originally intended.

All of the additions and minor changes you see in this new DVD release is what Lucas, didnt have the technology and money to create back in those days.

computer generated parts of the film were far to expensive in those days, so he had to omit them and creating models etc for the parts wouldnt have been possible.

dantehorrorfan
09-30-2004, 09:42 AM
damn........guess ill have to buy the new ones then :D

Arioch
09-30-2004, 11:12 AM
I bet you in a few months, Lucas (dumbass!) will release them on DVD as the original box set, with no changes. Just so he can make his rich ass richer

That wouldn't surprise me one fucking bit...

DaBroMain
09-30-2004, 04:46 PM
I guess ill go watch them but im not one for fixing what is not broken...... my opinion...:rolleyes:

Arioch
09-30-2004, 04:46 PM
*debates giving Lucas more money*

"I'd be happier WITH the dollar"

DaBroMain
09-30-2004, 04:47 PM

"I'd be happier WITH the dollar"
Heard........and Arioch ummmm *thinks how to say this* It will bite ya.....and it bit me LOL.....

yourlastmistake
09-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by jay o2 waster
I am refusing to buy them

ditto

amycutthroat
09-30-2004, 04:53 PM

"I'd be happier WITH the dollar" use the money you save not buying it to bring point b from my initial post into fruition.

Arioch
09-30-2004, 04:53 PM
No more for you Dabromain....NO MORE!!!