#1  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:33 AM
The Creeper The Creeper is offline
Scares Little Kids
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 10
Top 10 Horror Movies

This thread is for everyone to post what they think is the top 10 best horror movies ever made, in order (No.1 being the best and 10 being the least best.)

I'll start:

1.) The Exorcist
2.) The Shining
3.) The Blair Which Project
4.) Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape (Serious contender for higher up spot imo)
5.) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1976)
6.) The Omen (Original)
7.) Scream
8.) A Nightmare On Elm Street
9.) Rosemary's baby
10.) The Human Centipede

I also Like Night Of The Living Dead Remake (1990). Such an enthralling & entertaining, enjoyable, interesting, captivating film. The kind of film you have dreams about after watching it as it get's right into your sub consciousness.

Dawn Of The Dead (2004) is pretty awesome also.

Last edited by The Creeper; 11-04-2017 at 02:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:37 PM
MichaelMyers's Avatar
MichaelMyers MichaelMyers is offline
Horror Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Haddonfield, Illinois
Posts: 7,689
I've never heard of #4. Have you seen Fire in the Sky?
__________________




I command by the power of Christ and the Gospel for this evil spirit that is inside this man or woman to come forward now and to face the judgment of God.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:02 PM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is offline
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 1,766

NOTLD68
Singapore Sling
Nekromantik
AU's Mordum
Maniac {1980}
100 Tears
Circus of the Dead
Pieces of Talent
Ravenous
Angst
__________________
Thumb resize.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 3,820
Night of the Living Dead 1968
Alien
Halloween
Evil Dead 2
The Thing
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1956
The Fly 1986
Psycho
Aliens
Se7en
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-03-2017, 03:19 AM
The Creeper The Creeper is offline
Scares Little Kids
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 10
Reply to MichaelMyers Quesiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
I've never heard of #4. Have you seen Fire in the Sky?

No. Never heard of it. What's it about? Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape wasn't released in the cinema (at least i don't think so) and is a lower budget film so didn't get the same advertising as the other big blockbuster films.

It's truly scary though imo. Because it's based on found footage (like the Blair witch) but this came out BEFORE the Blair witch when people still kind believed found footage films might be real because they've never heard about it before. Truly pioneering in that way if you think about it. Basically about a family who gets abducted by aliens on thanksgiving day.

There are two versions that i'm aware of. One is rubbish the other one is the one you want.

It was on Sky years ago. Came back on Sky for a while then got taken off again. Probably will be back on one day.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-03-2017, 04:35 AM
Rebelcorp Rebelcorp is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 1
Horror movie in 2017?

Which one is the most horror movie in 2017 year?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-03-2017, 07:54 AM
MichaelMyers's Avatar
MichaelMyers MichaelMyers is offline
Horror Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Haddonfield, Illinois
Posts: 7,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creeper View Post
No. Never heard of it. What's it about? Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape wasn't released in the cinema (at least i don't think so) and is a lower budget film so didn't get the same advertising as the other big blockbuster films.

It's truly scary though imo. Because it's based on found footage (like the Blair witch) but this came out BEFORE the Blair witch when people still kind believed found footage films might be real because they've never heard about it before. Truly pioneering in that way if you think about it. Basically about a family who gets abducted by aliens on thanksgiving day.

There are two versions that i'm aware of. One is rubbish the other one is the one you want.

It was on Sky years ago. Came back on Sky for a while then got taken off again. Probably will be back on one day.
Fire in the Sky is based on a true story also and I'm told by some I respect is the most scary abduction movie they've ever seen. I'll be sure to watch MacPherson Tape on Thanksgiving. lol
__________________




I command by the power of Christ and the Gospel for this evil spirit that is inside this man or woman to come forward now and to face the judgment of God.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 3,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Fire in the Sky is based on a true story also and I'm told by some I respect is the most scary abduction movie they've ever seen. I'll be sure to watch MacPherson Tape on Thanksgiving. lol
Hey, MM, I'll watch it with ya. What should I bring? Green beans? Corn? Bag of salad?
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Roiffalo's Avatar
Roiffalo Roiffalo is offline
HDC's werewolf enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: PA
Posts: 2,207
In no particular order
  1. American Werewolf in London
  2. The Howling
  3. Psycho
  4. Poltergeist
  5. Aliens
  6. Hellraiser
  7. Friday the 13th
  8. The Hills Have Eyes
  9. Evil Dead
  10. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Wouldn't be surprised if we've all made this list a few times since joining the forum, but personally I like to see how it chances. I've swapped out at least three on my list since my first post on HDC and never looked back.
__________________
🎃 Review topic 🎃 My "to watch" list. 🎃 My art topic 🎃
🎃 Horror movies I was watching but stopped keeping track of because the site keeps dying 🎃


Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-04-2017, 02:25 AM
The Creeper The Creeper is offline
Scares Little Kids
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelcorp View Post
Which one is the most horror movie in 2017 year?
If you meant to say (seeing as: 'Which one is the most horror movie in 2017 year?' isn't grammatically correct Enlgish, I would say the IT movie is probably the best horror movie to come out in 2017.

I also was excited for Jeepers Creepers 3 but it was not up to par with the last two films.

Haven;t seen Jigsaw yet but i doubt it will be as good as IT.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:25 PM.