Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 10-03-2017, 07:46 AM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
FRIGHT NIGHT

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 759
How about that...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg candy.jpg (93.1 KB, 25 views)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Rockets are called Smarties? Huh but there's also the chocolate candy covered Smarties too. The peanut butter taffy was ok, I didn't mind getting it. The candy Mike put up look like cough drops or Halls...yuk. My grandmother always had those ones in her purse.
Yep, Rockets are Smarties. Never heard of a chocolate covered candy called Smarties... kinda weird... you mean the name brand is Smarties? Show me a link to it.

You didn't mind getting peanut butter taffy candy cause you liked everything.

"The Mike candy"???? Is this it?


Never heard of those (Mike candy that look like couch drops). Actually, I love cough drops! Basically every kind... especially the cherry. I don't typically eat them often because I'm not sure if there's a health issue with consuming too much menthol... or eucalyptus...
__________________
.
.
.
.


Last edited by Sculpt; 10-03-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Roiffalo's Avatar
Roiffalo Roiffalo is offline
HDC's werewolf enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: PA
Posts: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
He called those candies "smarties" but I think he meant Rockets.
You silly, mounties. Like how you also refer to underwear as a 'gitch' (learned that from WolfCop, had to google it I was so clueless, lmao).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I really like Candycorn. Like the taste and the consistency. I guess a lot of kids/people don't, but they'll sometimes mention the shape as a reason, which is a little strange.
WTF?!

I can eat a few at a time, but then they taste gross after like... 5 of them.
__________________
🎃 Review topic 🎃 My "to watch" list. 🎃 My art topic 🎃
🎃 Horror movies I was watching but stopped keeping track of because the site keeps dying 🎃


Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:00 AM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
FRIGHT NIGHT

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 759
And then there's NERDS!!!!!.

Another thing I love about October is the great weather
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:39 AM
hammerfan's Avatar
hammerfan hammerfan is offline
HDC's old chick

 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In my rocking chair
Posts: 12,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Another thing I love about October is the great weather
Yesssss!!!!!!! Except, here, it's supposed to get in the 80s again for a few days. Fuck off, summer!!! You had your turn!!!!
__________________
<a href=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/margie1959/media/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg.html target=_blank><img src=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/margie1959/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg border=0 alt= /></a>
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Dead Bad Things's Avatar
Dead Bad Things Dead Bad Things is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NW MT.
Posts: 1,944
HF you droppin' Fbombs
I thought yous was a good girl

On the realside tho y'all can't fade my old skool fav...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg candy.jpg (45.0 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-04-2017, 09:15 AM
hammerfan's Avatar
hammerfan hammerfan is offline
HDC's old chick

 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In my rocking chair
Posts: 12,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
HF you droppin' Fbombs
I thought yous was a good girl

On the realside tho y'all can't fade my old skool fav...
Dat's cuz hot weather makes me cranky
__________________
<a href=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/margie1959/media/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg.html target=_blank><img src=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/margie1959/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg border=0 alt= /></a>
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-04-2017, 01:51 PM
CircleOfSalt's Avatar
CircleOfSalt CircleOfSalt is offline
Angst macht kleine Kinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sealed Away For All Time
Posts: 23
OH YAY this thread sounds awesome!

(Oh I was one of the weird kids that LOVED the peanut butter taffy. I knew that I was basically painting a target of ridicule on my chest for liking them, but I didn�t care. I actually would wad up a few unwrapped pieces to make a MEGA peanut butter taffy wad and then just work on chewing that up.)

I absolutely disliked things like Smarties and Sweet Tarts. To me, those candies are too similar to Tums or Mylanta tablets...NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. Gross. Necco wafers as well...they skeeved me out.

Also, sometimes the toys that were thrown in for fun were gross: the worst being those damn rubber WITCH FINGERS with the gnarled knuckles and the long red or black nails. I didn�t mind them so much as I hated the way they smelled. THey smelled AWFUL and made my candy smell awful in the process, lol. Plus you only ever got ONE, so it was kinda pointless lol...usually ended up just trading crap candy to one kid in the group and then he/she ended up with all the gross witch fingers lol

Oh and BUBBLE GUM. Nothing is worse than thinking you�re unwrapping a hunk of candy and then you take a bite and this horrible dusty chemical coating puff explodes in your mouth and suddenly its like chewing on hardened Pepto Bismol. Crappy bubble gum in a Halloween candy bag is sadistic.

As for the worst: marshmallows. Marshmallows, in my opinion, belong in hot chocolate, s�mores, Peeps, and freeze-dried form for Lucky Charms. Marshmallows, especially cheap bagged marshmallows, do not survive the brutal hell that a steady cascade of candy into a plastic bucket creates. As a matter of fact, they just get sticky and melted and become nothing but a binding agent for all of the rest of the awesome candy in your bucket. No matter how cute Halloween shaped marshmallows are, you better be keeping that blasphemous substance far away from young trick or treaters and their precious collection of confection.
__________________


http://twitch.tv/blatherskeit
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
FRIGHT NIGHT

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
HF you droppin' Fbombs
I thought yous was a good girl

On the realside tho y'all can't fade my old skool fav...

Is this what you youth call "weed"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfSalt View Post
OH YAY this thread sounds awesome!

(Oh I was one of the weird kids that LOVED the peanut butter taffy. I knew that I was basically painting a target of ridicule on my chest for liking them, but I didn�t care. I actually would wad up a few unwrapped pieces to make a MEGA peanut butter taffy wad and then just work on chewing that up.)

I absolutely disliked things like Smarties and Sweet Tarts. To me, those candies are too similar to Tums or Mylanta tablets...NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. Gross. Necco wafers as well...they skeeved me out.

Also, sometimes the toys that were thrown in for fun were gross: the worst being those damn rubber WITCH FINGERS with the gnarled knuckles and the long red or black nails. I didn�t mind them so much as I hated the way they smelled. THey smelled AWFUL and made my candy smell awful in the process, lol. Plus you only ever got ONE, so it was kinda pointless lol...usually ended up just trading crap candy to one kid in the group and then he/she ended up with all the gross witch fingers lol

Oh and BUBBLE GUM. Nothing is worse than thinking you�re unwrapping a hunk of candy and then you take a bite and this horrible dusty chemical coating puff explodes in your mouth and suddenly its like chewing on hardened Pepto Bismol. Crappy bubble gum in a Halloween candy bag is sadistic.

As for the worst: marshmallows. Marshmallows, in my opinion, belong in hot chocolate, s�mores, Peeps, and freeze-dried form for Lucky Charms. Marshmallows, especially cheap bagged marshmallows, do not survive the brutal hell that a steady cascade of candy into a plastic bucket creates. As a matter of fact, they just get sticky and melted and become nothing but a binding agent for all of the rest of the awesome candy in your bucket. No matter how cute Halloween shaped marshmallows are, you better be keeping that blasphemous substance far away from young trick or treaters and their precious collection of confection.
Anglewitch?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-05-2017, 02:56 AM
fudgetusk's Avatar
fudgetusk fudgetusk is offline
Living Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 80
Ahhhh, Halloween. Wearing a mask. Going from door to door. The smell of the burning turnip as the candle flutters.

Killing babysitters for no apparent reason.

Love it. :)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:00 AM.