Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 07-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Bob Gray's Avatar
Bob Gray Bob Gray is offline
Demon from Ago
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Where they all float
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I 100% agree I don't hate House of 1000 corpses but let's be honest it was a mess despite having some good moments. The Devil's Rejects built on the potential of the first film, broadened it's scope and was a more successful throwback to the grindhouse era.
I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. I absolutely love House of 1,000 Corpses and felt that The Devil's Rejects was a great sequel too but not as great as the first movie.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Straker's Avatar
Straker Straker is offline
Midnight toker

 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Across the pond.
Posts: 2,244
It's really rare I prefer a sequel to the original and disagree with 90% of what people have listed in this thread, but I am kinda surprised noone has mentioned Blade 2 yet...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-29-2012, 04:53 PM
The Villain's Avatar
The Villain The Villain is offline
Evil is Better

 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 6,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
It's really rare I prefer a sequel to the original and disagree with 90% of what people have listed in this thread, but I am kinda surprised noone has mentioned Blade 2 yet...
Didn't even think about that. Blade 2 is a lot better then the first one.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Fearonsarms's Avatar
Fearonsarms Fearonsarms is offline
From The Beyond
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gates Of Hell
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. I absolutely love House of 1,000 Corpses and felt that The Devil's Rejects was a great sequel too but not as great as the first movie.
I do genuinely understand that there will be people who prefer the first film it was full of some very great ideas-I just felt they were delivered in a patchy and messy way whereas The Devil's Rejects also had inventive ideas but were delivered in a more cohesive, well arranged and gripping way
__________________
"The wind that would have killed us both, it saves my life"-Bel Canto
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Bob Gray's Avatar
Bob Gray Bob Gray is offline
Demon from Ago
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Where they all float
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I do genuinely understand that there will be people who prefer the first film it was full of some very great ideas-I just felt they were delivered in a patchy and messy way whereas The Devil's Rejects also had inventive ideas but were delivered in a more cohesive, well arranged and gripping way
Truth is, I don't even have a clue what it is about the first movie that I like so much, I just do.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 AM
realdealblues's Avatar
realdealblues realdealblues is offline
Guitarist Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 1,219
More Thriller maybe than Horror and while perhaps not a direct sequel in some minds, Silence Of The Lambs was perfect. I do still like Manhunter though.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Angra's Avatar
Angra Angra is offline
No, fuck YOU

 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right behind you!!!
Posts: 15,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Didn't even think about that. Blade 2 is a lot better then the first one.
Agreed.

Loved the new vampire breed and their crazy-ass mouths. :D
__________________


I'm right. It's the rest of the world that's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Nat94's Avatar
Nat94 Nat94 is offline
Nat94
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dereham, Norfolk.
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Agreed.

Loved the new vampire breed and their crazy-ass mouths. :D
Agreed, I would say in order of my faves it would be 2, 3 then 1.. The series is just crap
__________________
Tutti Fuckin' Fruity
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-30-2012, 04:34 PM
The Villain's Avatar
The Villain The Villain is offline
Evil is Better

 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 6,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Agreed.

Loved the new vampire breed and their crazy-ass mouths. :D
Yeah plus the cast was a lot better. The villain's in the first were just stupid....not as bad as the third one though.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-31-2012, 03:48 PM
ispydork's Avatar
ispydork ispydork is offline
Scares Little Kids
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 12
Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Can't think of anymore right now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:35 AM.