Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 08-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Evil Dead

Drive-In Memories/Movies you remember

My very first Drive- In experience was when I was about 6 or 7. LOL I remember going to something called the Midnight Bug Invasion (triple- feature) they were showing. I remember this like it was yesterday! It was The Swarm, The Worm Eaters and Invasion of the Bee Girls. :cool:

They were also giving away these purple glowy worms things in a cup. I think they were candy as I recall, but I remember taking a bunch home. We tried to get them to glow for days.:D It was funny as hell. And yes, I have so many memories.

Does anyone have any Drive-In/ double features experiences (movies watched) to share?

I'm most fond of Invasion of the Bee Girls because everytime I watch this from my Mill Creek DVD set, it always brings me back to those great times!

BTW, I noticed this film requires you to sign up to watch the full movie online on you tube because of the nudity! :rolleyes: Gimme a break! I have seen much MUCH worse on youtube than that!

Old 08-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Banned

first date with my girlfriend who eventually became my wife was at the drive-in...strange double feature

The Bad News Bears / The Island Of Dr Moreau [1977]

don't quite remember but I think I got to second base
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Sick Maniac

My older brother took me to the drive in for the first time when i was 6 or 7 years old.

A double feature that I still vividly remember...Without Warning and Phantasm.

I just got to record Without Warning in HD last week on DVR and man the shivers came back almost immediately. :D
Old 08-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Evil Dead

Phantasm and The Fog I remember going to a walk-in theater, I was about 8. I fell faint and had to be carried out of the theater before The Fog even began. As a kid that young, the yellow blood wasn't too easy to look at! lol
Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Midnight toker

No Drive-Ins in the UK :(... Always loved the style and concept of a Drive-In though. Are they still popular over there in the states?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Foxhole Atheist

As Straker says, no drive-thrus here but the first film I remember going to see when I was very little was Tron (looking forward to the new one to come out btw).

I also remember going to a double bill of Empire Strikes back & Return of the Jedi (I was about 7 at the time).

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 08-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Evil Dead

They need to put the double features back on the silver screen for sure. I really miss those.

Sadly the few drive-ins that are around these days, have become more of rarity these days. There are still a few around, but not enough.

I'm still not sure why a lot of drive-ins closed down. Just as they were at the height of popularity, most were suddenly shut down, which is a crock.

There's a drive-in across town here but they never show any of the old stuff, just the new stuff, which is a crock too.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Evil Dead

Everyone got to second base, even third base at the drive- in!
Old 08-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Evil Dead

...but wont go all the way here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkR9Ny_FLYQ
Old 09-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Undead

Thumbs up

1975 The Giant spider Invasion age 4