Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Talking

September 24 - Curse of Chucky
Old 06-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepaway View Post
September 24 - Curse of Chucky
Alright! A release date! I for one am looking forward to this, the series has jumped around a bit. I didn't like 3 and Seed was almost too campy but overall this has been a pretty solid series thus far. And...c'mon...it's Brad fuckin' Dourif! I sat through Critters 4 to see him, which probably says more about me than Dourif, though...

I also am intrigued and like the idea of going back to the "non stitched" chucky. Could Andy be back in the fold...?

Last edited by xX_StarChild_Xx; 06-17-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_StarChild_Xx View Post
Alright! A release date! I for one am looking forward to this, the series has jumped around a bit. I didn't like 3 and Seed was almost too campy but overall this has been a pretty solid series thus far. And...c'mon...it's Brad fuckin' Dourif! I sat through Critters 4 to see him, which probably says more about me than Dourif, though...

I also am intrigued and like the idea of going back to the "non stitched" chucky. Could Andy be back in the fold...?
There doesn't seem to be an Andy listed in the cast list.

I like Critters 4!! Lol!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Didn't know if everyone had seen this yet...

FRIDAY THE 13TH THE COMPLETE COLLECTION Coming to Blu-ray, 9/13

On September 13th, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will provide plenty of blood-curdling thrills when Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection debuts on Blu-ray. For the first time, all twelve Friday the 13th films will be packaged together, (with seven of them making Blu-ray debuts) as a result of a strategic distribution alliance between Paramount and Warner announced last fall, granting Warner exclusive video distribution rights to over 600 Paramount titles. The set also includes a Friday The 13th Killer Extras Bonus DVD.

This intense 'slasher' series is one of the longest-running and most successful horror franchises in film history, surpassing the domestic theatrical box-office grosses of such legendary series as A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The film that turned psycho killer Jason Voorhees and his infamous hockey mask into a pop culture icon has also bested the horror competition as the #1 home entertainment seller, with total sales of $119.7M to date.

The 10-disc collection ($129.95 SRP) includes the twelve films on nine Blu-ray discs, as well as a killer DVD bonus disc full of special features on the making of the famous franchise. The must-own set will be presented in a collectible tin case with 11 hours of previously released special features and a 40-page soft cover book. The book is excerpted from Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th, a fan-favorite volume that's viewed as the ultimate memoir of the series, and highlights some of the 200 interviews, 600 photos, storyboards, concept art and more. Also included is a brand new, official Camp Crystal Lake embroidered Counselor Patch.

Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection also includes digital versions of all 12 films with UltraViolet, allowing viewers to download and instantly stream the films to a wide range of devices from computers and compatible tablets to smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.

One of the most frightening franchises in film history, Friday The 13th focuses primarily on the character of Jason Voorhees, who drowned as a young child at Camp Crystal Lake due to the inattentiveness of camp counselors. Many years later, the camp becomes the scene of a number of murders - all of which are either committed or motivated by the avenging Jason, who forever lurks at Crystal Lake with his finely-honed machete.

Films in The Collection include:
· Disc 1 - Friday the 13th (1980)
· Disc 2 - Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
· Disc 3 - Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D (1982)
· Disc 4 - Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) NEW TO BLU-RAY
· Disc 5 - Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985) / Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) NEW TO BLU-RAY
· Disc 6 - Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) / Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) NEW TO BLU- RAY
· Disc 7 - Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) / Jason X (2002) NEW TO BLU-RAY
· Disc 8 - Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
· Disc 9 - Friday the 13th (2009) (Theatrical Version and "Killer Cut" Extended Version)
· Disc 10 - Killer Bonus DVD Disc

Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection (BD)
Street Date: September 13, 2013
Order Due Date: August 9, 2013
Rating: R
Pricing: $129.95 SRP
Cat. #: 1000408970
Old 07-20-2013, 01:33 AM
Evil Dead

Night Breed, the Cabal Cut to be released in 2014. I've been hoping this would get a DVD release since first hearing about it from neverending (I think), who was lucky enough to see it at a Lovecraft festival or something.

https://m.facebook.com/#!/ScreamFact...936407493&_rdr
Old 07-20-2013, 02:00 AM
Cranky

Yep, that was me. I made a separate thread in the Modern Horror section. This is very exciting news. At long last the public will get to see the film Clive Barker made.

One of the actors from the film was at the showing I attended. In the final released film his role is pretty minor, and in the original cut his part was larger. That night was the first time he saw the film in it's full length and he was quite emotional seeing his part play the way Barker wanted it to.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 07-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Evil Dead

Whoops, I should have checked that forum section. Interesting story about that actor. It further adds to the aura for me about how different these two versions might be. Really looking forward to seeing Cabal.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:43 AM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death

Beyond Comprehension: William Peter Blatty’s The Exorcist (NEW) 40 years after his novel was published,The Exorcist author, screenwriter and producer returns to where it all began. First stop is a cabin/guest house in the hills of Encino, California, where Blatty wrote the novel. The author visits the place for the first time in 40 years and shares not only memories of writing the book, but also discusses how it inspired him. We then meet Blatty in two key and iconic locations; Georgetown University where the film was shot, and at the now-famous Exorcist steps. Throughout, Blatty reads from his novel, including an excerpt from a chilling newly published passage.

Talk of the Devil (NEW) – While at Georgetown University, William Peter Blatty heard about a true case of possession from Father Eugene Gallagher. At the time the film came out, the priest talked at length about exorcism, the true story and about Blatty; this footage is now available for the first time in many years. It is as revealing as it is shocking.

Two Commentaries by William Friedkin

Commentary by William Peter Blatty

Introduction by William Friedkin

1998 BBC Documentary “The Fear of God: 25 Years of the Exorcist”

Raising Hell: Filming the Exorcist Set footage produced and photographed by Owen Roizman, camera and makeup tests, and interviews with director William Friedkin, actress Linda Blair, author/screenwriter/producer William Peter Blatty and Owen Roizman.

The Exorcist Locations: Georgetown Then and Now — Featuring a tour of the iconic locations where the film was shot.

Faces of Evil: The Different Versions of The Exorcist — with director William Friedkin and author/screenwriter/producer William Peter Blatty discussing the different versions of the film and featuring outtakes from the film.

Original Ending

Interviews

The Original Cut

Stairway to Heaven

The Final Reckoning

Sketches & Storyboards

Radio Spots

TV Spots

Trailers

http://www.fangoria.com/new/take-in-...rsary-blu-set/

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...rsary-the.html

i'm looking forward to this one, but i wont be able to get it right away. The Friday the 13th collection posted earlier looks sweet as well. But all that has to wait. :)
Old 08-17-2013, 09:18 PM
For Vendetta

Criterion Announces New Dual-Format Editions

The Criterion Collection has announced its slew of releases for the month of November and, in typical Criterion fashion, the films could not be more eclectic and diverse. Alongside the bevy of titles is another interesting development in the video-distribution company, as November will mark the beginning of all Criterion released being dual-format editions, encompassing both regular DVD and Blu-Ray capabilities.

Quote:
November 12 will see the release of Noah Baumbach's "Frances Ha" and Charlie Chaplin's "City Lights." The extras on the former film will include new conversations between Baumbach and Peter Bogdanovich as well as between Sarah Polley and Greta Gerwig, along with a booklet including an essay by playwright Annie Baker.
The extras for Chaplin's historic 1931 masterwork will include a new and restored transfer, an audio commentary by Charlie Chaplin biographer Jeffrey Vance, a documentary on the film's production, archival footage from the set, trailers, and a booklet featuring an essay by critic Gary Giddins and a 1966 interview with Charlie Chaplin.

Criterion will be putting out an updated version of Yasujiro Ozu's "Tokyo Story," with an audio commentary by film scholar David Desser, a two-hour documentary on Ozu's career, a tribute to the director, a trailer, new subtitle translation, and a booklet with an essay by critic David Bordwell.

Rounding out the month will be a collector's set of all the films in "Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman," the longest-running action series in the history of Japanese cinema. All 25 films will be accounted for in the set, each of which have undergone restorations and will include trailers and new English subtitle translations. A booklet featuring essays, synopses of each film, the original story "The Tale of Zatoichi," and a series of illustrations inspired by each film are also included in the release.
http://www.criterion.com/

Old 10-16-2013, 11:48 AM
For Vendetta

A fantastic vintage horror film gets a fantastic DVD/Blu-Ray release on October 22nd.

Go, grab it.

http://www.criterion.com/films/27964-the-uninvited