Old 12-04-2011, 04:44 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
I'd definitely recommend this one and The Exterminating Angel.
Thanks I will :)
Old 12-04-2011, 04:46 AM
From The Beyond

Graveyard Disturbance (1986)-Lamberto Bava film that unfortunately doesn't seem to really know where to go with its premise. Not unenjoyable by any means as there are some memorable scenes. For fans of Italian Horror only I'd reckon.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Love is like dying

2 very good movies, love object was very creepy if not watched i highly recommend.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Weirdly enough it's got a lot of really positive reviews so I was expecting something a lot better.
You should know better when it comes to remakes. There's only a few that are any good and really only one in my opinion that was better then the original.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:55 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
Never heard of Love Object. Sounds interesting plus i like Desmond Harrington from Dexter so i'll give it a shot.

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-05-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Thing (2011)

Totally agree with Elvis, not as darker or tense as the original but a fairly done entertaining film indeed.

>>: B

Straw Dogs (2011 & 1971)

Most of the great things about Sam Peckinpah's original cult classic is missing in this horribly miscast, shallow & ultimately pointless remake. Yeah, it's easily understandable that it's very hard for today's any young actor to fit in those characters that's been done by such brilliant actor like Dustin Hoffman or even Susan George's Amy. And particularly in compare to them, the convincing job that they done in the original movie, there is no chemistry between this new version of David & Amy.
After the remake, I watched the original again (after a long time since saw it first years ago) just to refresh my memory. And it's again great to see how remarkably Susan George portrayed Amy's role in the film, particularly in that exceptionally chilling rape scene. All of Amy's expressions...that unimaginable experience she was going through is missing here in the remake. No offense but Kate Bosworth (with flat boobs) is clearly miscast for this role.
Now, about James Marsden's David...it seems that he didn't see the original or have very little idea about who did the David Summer's character and how well did in the 1971 film; otherwise he wouldn't agree to do the role, IMO.

Anyway, only good things about the remake is it's got good production value & few nice shots here & there.

>>Remake: C
>>Original: A

Cowboys & Aliens (2011)

Main plot/idea: interesting,
Cast & premise: Great
but...
the overall story & characters: uninspired.

>>: C+
Old 12-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Straw Dogs (2011 & 1971)

>>Remake: C
>>Original: A
I havent seen either of The Straw Dogs movies and i really have no desire to. If the thing people talk about the most in a movie is a rape scene, thats not really a movie im dieing to see. By the way that's not a dig at you Roshiq. Pretty much everyone i've ever heard talk about the movie mentions the rape scene.

Last edited by _____V_____; 12-28-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I havent seen either of The Straw Dogs movies and i really have no desire to. If the thing people talk about the most in a movie is a rape scene, thats not really a movie im dieing to see. By the way that's not a dig at you Roshiq. Pretty much everyone i've ever heard talk about the movie mentions the rape scene.
forget the rape scene, it's a very good movie u should give it a go. and i def recommend on love object.

Last edited by leezuki; 12-04-2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
that's weirdly funny of you, man. Before drawing any conclusion, you need to see that movie (original one) to understand the point why 'people' are like to talk about that particular scene, IMO. Rape was never been so much 'horrifyingly exciting or excitingly horrifying' on the screen before!

Moreover, it's just not about that scene only...the whole story/film delivers far more than that, you should check it out at least for the performance of the cast...particularly it's Hoffman's one of the best ever.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
that's weirdly funny of you, man. Before drawing any conclusion, you need to see that movie (original one) to understand the point why 'people' are like to talk about that particular scene, IMO. Rape was never been so much 'horrifyingly exciting or excitingly horrifying' on the screen before!

Moreover, it's just not about that scene only...the whole story/film delivers far more than that, you should check it out at least for the performance of the cast...particularly it's Hoffman's one of the best ever.
I'm not drawing any conclusions, i just dont like rape scenes in movies and that's the only thing i ever hear about that movie. Seems kinda sick to me that people talk about it so much. Once again, not judging, more of a broad generalization of it i guess. It's not like i've made a decision about the movie and have deemed it bad or anything. It's just not a movie i'm really excited to see or one i need to watch right away pretty much for those reasons.