Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Samhain247

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaBushLover4ever View Post
I thought this was one of the better remakes or a sequel. What i didn't like was the ending. It was just there to make the audience jump, like have Jason come up from the dock and grab Whitney. I didn't surprise me because i knew it was coming.

The ending didn't make sense, Jason's mask was floating to the bottom. The strap was broken and then 2 seconds later, he jumps up and grabs whitney

true, altough a good remake indeed:)
Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 PM
SophiaBushLover4ever

lets just hope the remake of A nightmare on elm st is just as good
Old 02-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Misanthrope

I'll watch the Elm St remake but I'm not sure if I'll dig it. I just can't see another actor being Freddy.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaBushLover4ever View Post
lets just hope the remake of A nightmare on elm st is just as good
No, let's hope the remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street is actually good.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Misanthrope

If you didn't like the F13 remake or other ones why would you bother checking out remakes when your just going to be disappointed?
Old 02-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
If you didn't like the F13 remake or other ones why would you bother checking out remakes when your just going to be disappointed?
Was that directed at me? I'll answer it anyhow. I'm not disappointed at remakes, I like The Thing, Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, and a few others I can't think of. Just things with Michael Bay's name tend to suck. Maybe Nightmare on Elm Street will be better. I haven't given up on film's he produced, just the one's he directed.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Mask

I thought the movie was good. It certainly entertained me and I do hope it gets a sequel.
I thought the ending was pretty predictable, but as a remake I think I would have been disappointed if they hadn't had Jason erupt from the water to attack one of the survivors.
That's one of the best known scenes of the entire series.
Although I think he should have been maskless when he did it.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
FreddyNumberOne1

Very good Friday the 13th movie in my opinion. Some parts kind of unpredictable, Jason was more original in the way he killed, and his new style of running wasn't too bad either. It wasn't my favorite Friday flick, but it def. was not the worst.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
georgieHORRORSHOW

Thumbs down

I watched about six minutes of it on www.movie6.net and I have to say I hated all six minutes. Which is the reason why I only watched six minutes of it. The "Friday The 13th" series is my favorite horror series of all time. I was introduced to it as a child. I do not approve of the remake.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:05 PM
mnemonic

Okay, overall I did not like this remake. It's too bad because I REALLY liked The Texas Chainsaw remake too. I actually liked the bulky, trotting, brutality of Jason and I liked the look of him. I also liked the different use of weapons and objects to kill people. However, the freaking dialogue was AWEFUL, it was terribly written. I can understand Platinum Dunes was going for the more 80's campy style horror with the dialogue and story but it was just terrible. I couldn't stand the cast nor the acting for the most part. Very disappointed in this movie. Not quite as big of a let down as Halloween remake was but still pretty damn bad.