Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-02-2009, 07:04 AM
Evil Dead

Split Lip, the work called “the predominant original horror comic work on the Internet” by The Horror Blog, is now available in print in the United States for the first time.

Split Lip Volume 1, a 158-page trade paperback collecting 11 horror comics, is available now at http://www.splitlipcomic.com/slc-store.html

Split Lip debuted in Oct. 2006 and has published 24 stories – over 275 pages of free comics – at www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip. Each story is written by Sam Costello and drawn by artists from all over the world, including Sami Makkonen (Blue, Deadworld: Slaughterhouse), John Bivens (Comic Book Tattoo), and Jason Ho (Agnes Quill).

Split Lip Volume 1 features the work of Makkonen, Bivens, and nine other cartoonists from the U.S., UK, Latin America, and Europe.

Convention Appearances
Series creators and writer Sam Costello will be promoting and selling Split Lip Volume 1 at conventions in the U.S. in 2009. Visit him at:

- The Maine Comics Arts Festival in Portland, Maine, May 17
- SPX in Bethesda, Maryland, Sept. 26-27.

Other convention appearances will be announced as they are confirmed.

New horror comics each month | Vols. 1 & 2 on sale now - just $15 each.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Evil Dead

After a short hiatus, Split Lip – the leading online horror comics anthology – is back with the first of 7 new stories.

The new story, “The Cousin of Death,” was written by me (Sam Costello) and draw by Gary Crutchley. It’s the story of a sleepwalker who discovers a whole new world through his sleepwalking.

The first 8 pages of this 17 page story are live now at http://www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip/

The rest of the story will be posted over the next three Sundays.

Check back for future stories by Sami Makkonen and Anthony Peruzzo, among others.

Hope you enjoy these stories,

Sam

Old 08-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Evil Dead

Three more pages of “The Cousin of Death” are up at Split Lip today – as always, written by me, and drawn by Gary Crutchely. In this installment, which brings us to 11 of the 17 pages, the threat of sleepwalking becomes all too real for the protagonist. Three more pages go up next Sunday.

Link’s in the sig.

Enjoy!

Sam

Old 08-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Evil Dead

Three new pages of The Cousin of Death, by me and Gary Crutchley, are up at Split Lip today. This takes us to the climax of the story, but there’s still a three-page coda set for next Sunday. Hope you’re enjoying the story.

Sam

Old 08-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Evil Dead

All 17 pages of The Cousin of Death are now live at Split Lip. The story, written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Gary Crutchley, chronicles a construction worker’s struggles with sleepwalking and the strange things he encounters when asleep.

The link to the story is in my sig. A new story will start next Sunday. I haven’t decided which it will be yet, but both that I’m choosing from are great – we can’t lose either way.

Sam

Old 08-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Evil Dead

Termites in Your Smile, new Split Lip story, written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr. This one is the story of a too-slick grad student and the women he’s two-timing. But, who is really getting the better of whom?

The first three pages are up at now (link in my sig) and I’ll be posting three more each Sunday for the next seven weeks until the story ends right around Halloween. Which will be good, given the ending of this one, which is, let’s say, intense.

Enjoy!

Sam

Old 08-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Evil Dead

The second installment of Termites in Your Smile is now live at Split Lip. It’s written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr. In this installment, we get a closer look at Rafe, the smooth ladies man who’s two-timing a pair of college girls.

The link is in my sig. Hope you like it.

Sam

Old 09-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Evil Dead

The third installment of “Termites In Your Smile,” is up at Split Lip today. It’s written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr. In this episode, we get a sense of why Rafe, our main character, is kind of a dick.

The link to read it is in my sig.

Sam

Old 09-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Evil Dead

Three more pages of Termites in Your Smile are live at Split Lip today. In this installment, we learn what Rafe thinks of Ruth, his other girlfriend, and we start getting to know her. The story was written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr.

The next update will be next Sunday. To read the new pages, click the link in my sig.

Sam

Old 09-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Evil Dead

In the three new pages of Termites in Your Smile at Split Lip this week, we learn just what it is that makes our main character – Rafe – such a bad guy. As usual, the story is written by me (Sam Costello) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr. The link to read it is in my sig.

Sam