Old 03-09-2013, 12:26 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Watched Mama today. It has an imteresting concept but the director really needs to take on a partner for his projects. I'm not saying hes not talented but his films are always good at the start and tend to go a bit naff at the end when he loses interest as itt seems.

The film would be more enjoyable if we saw a bit less of mama i think as we found it more comical than anything else when she popped up.

I agree that its more of a fairytale than a horror movie.

It's the directors first full length movie. I don't know what other movies you refer to?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Living Dead

Oops!

I was thinking of Guillermo Del Toro, but he's not infact the director he's the producer!

The films I was thinking of were such as Pan's Labyrinth, it's really interesting until suddenly it's like he just wants to get it over with.

Anyway as I said, maybe the director could have done with a bit of help for this one, it had a very similar feel to that I mentioned of Pan's Labyrinth. Doesn't mean the director isn't talented.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Oops!

I was thinking of Guillermo Del Toro, but he's not infact the director he's the producer!

The films I was thinking of were such as Pan's Labyrinth, it's really interesting until suddenly it's like he just wants to get it over with.

Anyway as I said, maybe the director could have done with a bit of help for this one, it had a very similar feel to that I mentioned of Pan's Labyrinth. Doesn't mean the director isn't talented.
I know you got your directors confused but I still kinda hate the idea of Del Toro bringing in a directing partner for any of his movies. The guy has such a clear vision for his films that it really wouldn't work out well at all. Pan's Labyrinth is also pretty amazing throughout. He pretty much owns everything he does, which is totally how it should be.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Living Dead

Well entirely in my own opinion i dont think he does that well. It gets to a point where he quite honestly cannot be bothered. I guess its each to their own and im not going to tell you what to think because everyone has a different taste. I just personally dont think hes very good at keeping his films very consistant
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Living Dead

This movie was average really, 6.5/10 at best. Good concept, poor execution.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:47 AM
Little Boo

Post Mama

The only problem I had with MAMA was throughout the whole movie the audience never got a perfect look at her, so it was always the question of what she completely looks like. This gave her an eerie feeling because it was she was so quick it was hard to get a good look. Then came the ending.. The ending to me caused this movie to go down in the books as one of the best. It was too heartfelt and slow