Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Art

Old 04-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Thanks, I used the Staedtler drawing pencils but I'm so heavy handed. Even an HB is too dark for outlines, and anything harder makes too much of a dent in the paper.

Oooh, your Harley looks very nice. You look so happy painting it.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
I wish it was my Harley, and yes it was a blast painting it. It belonged to a guy who passed away a few years ago and now it belongs to his son. It's owner got really emotional when I finally started painting-he really loved how it turned out. I personally would never have gone with barb-wire but what can you do?

I'm usually a pen and ink kind of guy, and only occasionally highlight with a white pencil. This stupid economy has chased away three of my favorite art stores and now I am on the search for a replacement. I'll keep an eye out for Staedtler, and thanks for the compliment :)
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 04-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Old 04-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Evil Dead

Old 04-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Evil Dead

They look great, enjoying the new pencils? Some of the best advice I've personally ever received was not to be afraid to use black. Around the eye, eyelashes and the bottom dark edge of the sphere could use fine amounts of black to help define the shape and depth.

Staedtler goes $40 for the first set large enough to include white, I'm going to have to save up for a bit.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 04-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by milktoaste View Post
They look great, enjoying the new pencils? Some of the best advice I've personally ever received was not to be afraid to use black. Around the eye, eyelashes and the bottom dark edge of the sphere could use fine amounts of black to help define the shape and depth.

Staedtler goes $40 for the first set large enough to include white, I'm going to have to save up for a bit.
Thanks for the advice. It's basically the same advice my teacher gave. Because I'm heavy handed I'm afraid to go too dark. Always worried I won't be able to undo it.

Also: I spent $100+ on these pencils. The 120 set. So worth it because I will use them my entire lifetime. The skin tones, oh man. So many. I used a dozen colours to build up the right tone for that eye picture.

Edit: Also my scanner totally washes these out. The pencil more so than the coloured pencil, but I'm afraid to photoshop them because the teacher can open them in Adobe Bridge and see what's been done.

Last edited by missmacabre; 04-26-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Evil Dead

You're teacher sounds pretty smart ;)
Old 05-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Evil Dead

New drawing. If you wanna see it, I'm making you click this link. :P

http://jcostello5.deviantart.com/art...erte-163051236
Old 05-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Cranky

Oh now, that's very cool!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 05-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Oh now, that's very cool!
Thanks so much! Done with the school shit, getting back into the groove and actually being creative. Next up: Stuff for you, and promo stuff for Doc. :D