Old 10-19-2018, 10:36 AM
Banned

My neighbor's door is only about a foot or two from mine so I practically shut the door in their faces.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I actually met two mormon women once who used to go around our neighborhood handing out books and pamphlets.

Even though I obviously didn't convert I found that they were both very nice ladies and I liked them a lot.

I don't really judge people on their religious beliefs as long as they aren't judging me. I'm realizing that a lot of people in this world are really nice if you just give them a chance and don't judge them before you get to know them.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:30 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
There was just now some Jesus Freaks going around knocking on people's doors giving out pamphlets I guess and it is nice and cool outside today so I have my door open and they knocked on my neighbor's door and no one came to the door so I got up and shut and locked my door before they came over here. They went down the steps and I got back up to open my door back up and there was 5 or 6 of them down at the bottom of the steps holding Bibles and probably discussing you to go harass next. I wish I knew these guys were coming that way I could set up some crazy-ass scenario to scare the bejesus out of them.
Or... you might meet them and see some of them are cool kats, some who like horror, and maybe you make some more cool friends in your new area?

Through work, I became good friends with a Jehovahs Witness. Well, actually was a friendly acquaintance with many JWs from a couple of different workplaces, but I was friends with guy in particular. Very cool guy. Didn't matter we disagreed on beliefs. I mean we disagree on things with everyone we know.

I know most of us don't want to be disturbed by an unannounced knock at the door, but neighbors will do exactly that to welcome you to the neighborhood... used to be they might bring you a pie.

But even it they didn't come over the first week to meet you, it's still a good thing to meet your neighbors, where they watch out for your house and property and vice versa; and you know who they are, have a good report, and sometimes you become friends and hangout.

It's really not all that different with these neighbors with a bible in hand meeting you. You just introduce yourself, if you have time you become acquainted. You can let them know you're not interested in talking about Jesus and the Bible, but you're happy to make new friends. It's not like you've never had a friend who was a christian, right?

Old 10-19-2018, 12:50 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Or... you might meet them and see some of them are cool kats, some who like horror, and maybe you make some more cool friends in your new area?

Through work, I became good friends with a Jehovahs Witness. Well, actually was a friendly acquaintance with many JWs from a couple of different workplaces, but I was friends with guy in particular. Very cool guy. Didn't matter we disagreed on beliefs. I mean we disagree on things with everyone we know.

I know most of us don't want to be disturbed by an unannounced knock at the door, but neighbors will do exactly that to welcome you to the neighborhood... used to be they might bring you a pie.

But even it they didn't come over the first week to meet you, it's still a good thing to meet your neighbors, where they watch out for your house and property and vice versa; and you know who they are, have a good report, and sometimes you become friends and hangout.

It's really not all that different with these neighbors with a bible in hand meeting you. You just introduce yourself, if you have time you become acquainted. You can let them know you're not interested in talking about Jesus and the Bible, but you're happy to make new friends. It's not like you've never had a friend who was a christian, right?
Exactly! I completely agree with everything you just said. :)
Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 AM
Banned

The I just had a really good blue raspberry infused sucker. It was like a Jolly Rancher on a stick. It hasn't had time to kick in yet but I think today is going to be a good day!
Old 10-20-2018, 09:24 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I went to see my therapist yesterday and I am going to start tapering off two of my bipolar medicatons and adding something new.

I'm really nervous about this. :(
Old 10-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Banned

Trying new psychiatric medication can always be scary because it is a trial-and-error process to see what works best with you. I have taken all kinds of shit that has made me go 50 Shades of batshit crazy. Lithium was the worst but Saphris made me insanely paranoid and put me on a hardcore manic tailspin. just hang in there and be brave. Everything will work out, it will just take some time to find out what works best with you.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:46 AM
Evil Dead

awww man Robert Englund's doin' a Freddy cameo on some dumbshit sitcom...
Old 10-20-2018, 09:54 AM
Banned

It's interesting he has no problem sitting in the makeup chair for one-offs but he won't do it for a new movie.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:20 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Freddy Krueger must be everyone's favorite serial killing pedophile.

Or at least he was a pedophile in the remake. I think in the original movies he just liked to kill kids not molest them. and I think the fact that we only ever saw him killing annoying teenagers while being a smartass is why people liked his character so much.