#11  
Old 01-18-2020, 11:41 AM
NightOfTheLiving_Sam's Avatar
NightOfTheLiving_Sam NightOfTheLiving_Sam is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 280
I just came across this just now. Right now it's not smoking and I need to quit, because of my health. It's affecting me badly. So this is something I'm doing at the moment. Not smoking and not going back to smoking. It's a nasty habit I pick up when I was in my mid 20's. Why? I have no idea why. Probably for stupid foolish reasons. I'm so glad I'm quitting now.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-18-2020, 01:12 PM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfTheLiving_Sam View Post
I just came across this just now. Right now it's not smoking and I need to quit, because of my health. It's affecting me badly. So this is something I'm doing at the moment. Not smoking and not going back to smoking. It's a nasty habit I pick up when I was in my mid 20's. Why? I have no idea why. Probably for stupid foolish reasons. I'm so glad I'm quitting now.

Heyyyyyyyy, Night! Good luck with that. I quit in my early 30's. I tried 2 or 3 times and then it finally stuck. Its a stinky habit and expensive. I hope it works for you.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-18-2020, 09:22 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Heyyyyyyyy, Night! Good luck with that. I quit in my early 30's. I tried 2 or 3 times and then it finally stuck. Its a stinky habit and expensive. I hope it works for you.
What do you think were the most helpful things that helped you quit? Was it occupying yourself with something else, like gum, tictacs, etc? Was it a patch? Was it exercise? Was it redefining who you are as a someone who doesn't smoke?
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-19-2020, 05:50 AM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
What do you think were the most helpful things that helped you quit? Was it occupying yourself with something else, like gum, tictacs, etc? Was it a patch? Was it exercise? Was it redefining who you are as a someone who doesn't smoke?
I started when i was about 13. I think after 20 years of smoking, i was just tired of it. I just wanted to be free of the habit. Fresh instead of stale.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-20-2020, 04:50 AM
hammerfan's Avatar
hammerfan hammerfan is offline
HDC's old chick

 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In my rocking chair
Posts: 13,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I started when i was about 13. I think after 20 years of smoking, i was just tired of it. I just wanted to be free of the habit. Fresh instead of stale.
Same. I started when I was 21, quit in 2011. Was tired of that nasty taste in my mouth, my clothes, house, and car smelling disgusting.
__________________
<a href=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/margie1959/media/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg.html target=_blank><img src=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/margie1959/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg border=0 alt= /></a>
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-20-2020, 06:20 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I started when i was about 13. I think after 20 years of smoking, i was just tired of it. I just wanted to be free of the habit. Fresh instead of stale.
Well, now you're as a fresh as a chocolate mint on the pillow of a hotel.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-21-2020, 04:34 AM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Well, now you're as a fresh as a chocolate mint on the pillow of a hotel.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:36 AM.