Old 07-03-2006, 01:36 PM
KingZombie

Hype: Deadworld comic from Image

DEADWORLD BRINGS DEAD-KILLER TO LIFE
Popular comic series features graphic novel on a hunter of the dead.

July 1, 2006 (Ann Arbor, MI) Deadworld, the long running comic series featuring world overrun with zombies is currently being published by Image Comics, one of the top four comic publisher in the U.S. Now, in addition to the regular series, a graphic novel spotlighting the Dead-Killer character will be released in September, 2006.

Written by Gary Reed, Deadworld is the saga of human survivors where the dead not only walk the earth, but are led by an intelligent zombie, the sarcastic and cruel, King Zombie. King Zombie, a chain-smoking, Harley-riding, talking zombie is on a mission…to turn the world completely dead. The storyline centers of a group of teens riding in their school bus and trying to survive.

The original series was released by Caliber Comics with some of the earliest issues from Arrow Comics. The character known as the Dead-Killer first appeared in the first volume as a back up story before spinning into his own three issue mini-series. Now, all of the Dead Killer’s appearances in the back up and mini-series will be collected into the trade paperback. “The Dead-Killer has proven to be one of the most popular characters in Deadworld,” said writer Gary Reed, “ and we figured this was a good time to release the trade as starting with issue seven of Deadworld, the story will bring the Dead-Killer into quite a more prominent role.”

The artist on The Dead-Killer is Ron McCain who may be known to comic fans for his work on Batman: Dark Knight for DC and Daredevil for Marvel. Reed explained that McCain has a different style than the regular artist of Deadworld, Dalibor Talajic, “but they’re both excellent artists, just different styles,” he said.

Reed said that Deadworld has been well received since he brought it back last year after a hiatus. “I put it in hibernation when it was signed up to Warner Bros by George Clooney’s company, but after I turned down the renewal option, I figured it was time to relaunch the series and keep it true to what it was,” said Reed. Although no movie deal is currently pending, Deadworld is still active with a recent announcement that Shocker Toys will produce action figures on the characters, Rotten Cotton Graphics has produced t-shirts for mass market distribution, a Halloween mask company will make masks of King Zombie, and a novel is near completion by Gary Reed and co-writer, Gary Francis of Young Dracula fame.

Deadworld ships bi-monthly from Image. The trade of Deadworld: Dead-Killer ships in September. The ISBN for the book is 1582406545 and the order number from Diamond Comics is JUL061680 and the 120 page graphic novel retails for $14.99

For any further information or any graphics, contact [email protected]

For more information on Deadworld, go to www.deadworld.info

For more information on Gary Reed, go to www.garyreed.net
Old 07-05-2006, 05:22 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
...............And, are you planning on staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 07-05-2006, 03:07 PM
KingZombie

Staying????

You mean on the book?

Or on the forum?

Or on the planet (that's my main goal....)
Old 07-11-2006, 01:31 PM
whatever gets you through

a planet overrun by. . .
Old 07-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Undead

Location: On the mean streets in the darkside of the wrong part of town.
OK, it probably is spam...But the book does sound kinda interesting. Prrrobably won't be as good as The Walking Dead, but still...

If I see it marked down or in a bargin bin in the future, I might check it out. :D

Rule 1: You don't have to be the fastest person when running from zombies, just faster then someone else.

Rule 2:
If possible, keep a fat person with you at all times. Zombies prefer more meat.

Rule 3: Everyone else is expendable...unless they're the ones carrying the supplies.

Rule 4:
When in doubt, shoot everyone. Chances are they were bound to be infected, anyway.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:14 PM
KingZombie

spam?

That's why I put "HYPE" in front of it...just to let everyone know it was information and uh, well, I guess...hype.

I hope it takes a long time to get in the quarter bins...you know, that ego thing.