Little Evil (2017)

>>: B+
Old 09-10-2017, 05:49 AM
Evil Dead

Girls Against Boys
Old 09-10-2017, 10:19 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Ghoul (2016)

A decent psychological thriller gets ruined by dull execution.

>>: C-
Old 09-11-2017, 01:13 AM
病気の

IT, 1990. 7,5/10

Old 09-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Evil is Better

IT

I really enjoyed this. I found it as faithful as it could be to the source material as a 2 and half hour movie would allow. I was disappointed to not see more of the backstories of characters like Ben and Mike whose roles were significantly lowered but all of the actors captured the essence of the characters.

Bill Skarsgard was excellent as Pennywise. A great combination of scary and disturbingly playful. I found his performance to be much more accurate to the book.

I do wish they had been able to add in more of the cosmic stuff that pertains to Pennywise as someone who hasnt read the book would probably only see IT as a ancient monster. Hopefully they'll be able to touch on this more in the second one, it will make more sense to do it then anyway.

The scares were great, the actors all did a great job creating this wonderful group of kids. They all really nail the characters from the novel and make you care about them and enjoy watching them together. Their bond is showcased well.

I would go see this in the theater again, i really enjoyed myself and i strongly recommend seeing it.

8/10

Old 09-12-2017, 06:17 AM
Evil Dead

DANNY SAYS (2016). When he stops talking about his sexual preferences/experiences and drug use, this auto doc of Danny Fields who worked in several music publications and with many bands is OK. Other than The Doors, most of the bands he was closely associated when were ahead of their time and while critics loved them, no public appreciation until way later; ie The MC5, The Stooges, The New York Dolls and The Ramones. ***
Old 09-14-2017, 10:45 PM
Evil Dead

Dead Awake. For a moderately budgeted horror film it wasn't to bad. It had an Intresting plot based on the legend of the mare and it's role in sleep paralysis and it's execution and monster was well done.

6 in a half out of 10.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:02 PM
That fucking Guy...

IT 2017

I thought it was alright.
Relied maybe a touch too heavily on the percussive element to the scares?
Atmosphere ok.
Kid actors, personally I thought the original cast did better but they were fine.
I found something about the chick reminded me of Jamie Lee Curtis.
The new guy didn't quite have the presence of Tim Curry but he did ok for a different version of the character. I felt like TC version seemed to enjoy toying with/tormenting his kids a bit more?
All in all pretty solid. Funny in parts. Shocking in others (The Georgie thing...), and well, for me not terrifying but scary enough.
HATED the new Henry Bowers personally.
The Pennywise stomp/dance was awesome...

Uh...7/10

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 09-15-2017 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Motivational Growth (2013)

"This is the story of Ian Folivor who is a depressed mess. He hasn't left his increasingly messy & disgusting apartment in a year, hasn't bathed in months, and hasn't had any human contact for what seems like forever. His only constant "companion" is Kent, an old cabinet-style television set that's been really the only thing keeping him going. When Kent 'dies', Ian naturally becomes distraught and decides life isn't worth living. He attempts to kill himself with homemade gas in the bathtub. He screws up and ends up hitting his head on the bathtub. When he awakens he learns that the mold growing beside his bathroom sink is talking to him (voiced by great Jeffrey Combs). The mold convinces him it knows what is best for him and he needs to obey his commands..."

With its small cast and limited set up, Motivational Growth turns out to be a pretty fun, original and a great addition to the bizarre, weird or 'WTF I've just watched?!' sort of films. Ian gradually descends into a surreal world contained within the two rooms of his tiny apartment in which time, logic, and human interaction are governed by no rules except those of The Mold. Also, as made evident by Ian's rad cassette tape collection and the bizarre selections of programming on his TV set in the 90s, combined with its video game inspired 8-bit score and a selection of animated sequences, fake television shows & commercials, Motivational Growth is its own fully realized world of weird.
The young actor on the lead, playing Ian did a good job & nicely carried the movie till the end. Ian serves not only as the film's main character but also as its narrator, as there are several times at the beginning when he breaks the fourth wall to give some more direct character insight to the audience. Also liked the way they handled Jeffrey Combs. Most of the time we get small cameos by horror legends and nothing lasting on film but Combs, well his voice, is in a great portion of the film and you can guess easily...he nailed it.

A very inspired effort from writer-director Don Thacker on his first feature film. Overall, a good, original & well written bizarro indie that's definitely worth to check out for a change.

>>: B+

Last edited by roshiq; 09-15-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:04 PM
病気の

Annabelle: Creation, 2017. 5/10

Fucking doll, it was creepy at times.
Give props to the girl with the leg brace, man she was tossed around a lot.

Thumb resize.

Clowntergeist, 2017. 6/10

Wow, clown movies are coming outta the woodwork.
This was a clown possessed by a demon.
Entertaining.

Let Me Make You a Martyr, 2016. 8/10

This film was fucking awesome! Dark gritty slow burn crime drama.
Yes Marilyn Manson is in this but doesn't have much screen time. He was great though.
Character driven story which gave me warm comfort. : )

Tags
movie