Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Misanthrope

Arrow Bad Dreams

I never saw this back in the day but watched it last night and really got into it. It has a couple of great moments that made me laught out loud (the guy repeatedly running over the doctor made me chuckle) A lot of people really seem to hate this movie what do you guys think of it?

Old 04-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Banned

i just got this a week ago .. on laserdisc - sealed ..

I remember when it first came out ... it seemed like a rough rush job intended to cash in on Nightmare on Elm St's success.
It was ok.. worth getting cheap
Old 04-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

from memory didn't it have richard lynch in it as some sort of cult leader......

...been a few years since i saw it
Old 04-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
from memory didn't it have richard lynch in it as some sort of cult leader......

...been a few years since i saw it
thats the one
Old 04-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i just got this a week ago .. on laserdisc - sealed ..

I remember when it first came out ... it seemed like a rough rush job intended to cash in on Nightmare on Elm St's success.
It was ok.. worth getting cheap
Can you still get laserdiscs over there? They never really took off over here I was going to buy a player because it was so cheap but someone beat me to it :(

The chick in it was in Nightmare 3 wasn't she as a troubled junkie teen?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Can you still get laserdiscs over there? They never really took off over here I was going to buy a player because it was so cheap but someone beat me to it :(

The chick in it was in Nightmare 3 wasn't she as a troubled junkie teen?
i'll have to see it again .. i just watched bought it but its been years since i saw it last (it was when it first was released)

Laserdiscs arent being made anymore - but i buy them from ebay .. mostly from a canadian guy who is a friend of mine..

if you can get a cheap player - go for it !
Old 04-16-2005, 04:34 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i'll have to see it again .. i just watched bought it but its been years since i saw it last (it was when it first was released)

Laserdiscs arent being made anymore - but i buy them from ebay .. mostly from a canadian guy who is a friend of mine..

if you can get a cheap player - go for it !
Yeh I was really gutted I missed out on that one I saw. It was in awesome condition for only $60nz (it looked basically someone brought it then never used it kinda like you find a lot of Beta players - or used to anyway). I haven't really bothered much with eBay but NZ has a site called TradeMe that is pretty much the same thing which has laserdiscs on it a bit. They were crazy looking things weren't they?! Like a movie on a LP it's quite strange changing the sides of the disc to play the rest of the movie (like early DVDs were with longer movies). I really dig the versions of Jim Jarmuch's films on laser - really nicely packaged versions.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yeh I was really gutted I missed out on that one I saw. It was in awesome condition for only $60nz (it looked basically someone brought it then never used it kinda like you find a lot of Beta players - or used to anyway). I haven't really bothered much with eBay but NZ has a site called TradeMe that is pretty much the same thing which has laserdiscs on it a bit. They were crazy looking things weren't they?! Like a movie on a LP it's quite strange changing the sides of the disc to play the rest of the movie (like early DVDs were with longer movies). I really dig the versions of Jim Jarmuch's films on laser - really nicely packaged versions.
so much more went into laserdiscs than VHS or DVD .. they were very expensive so they appealed to a collectors market ..
You see a lot of special stuff in the boxsets.
I actually have a couple of Jarmuch films on laser ..

the image on a laserdisc is arguably superior as it is the same technology as DVD but far less compressed depending on the format.
MAny are single disc where its handy to have an auto flip unit ... but if you have the better laserdisc sets they have only 30 min a side so a 2 hour movie will be 2 full discs (both sides)
Old 04-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Misanthrope

I'm definatley going to have to look into it cause I've got the movie collecting bug and want to have a bunch of different shit on different formats. I really liked the Laserdisc version of Stranger Than Paradise. What's the average price for a Laserdisc over there?
Old 04-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm definatley going to have to look into it cause I've got the movie collecting bug and want to have a bunch of different shit on different formats. I really liked the Laserdisc version of Stranger Than Paradise. What's the average price for a Laserdisc over there?
well, its all used .. i've gotten them on ebay for as low as 99 cents depending on the rarity of the title ..

these are the last bunch i bought - that'll give you an idea of the prices i've paid :

North By Northwest. $2.99

Highway 61. $18.18

International House. . W.C. Fields $4.99

Dead Men Don't Die. $2.99

The Crow: City of Angels. W/S. AC-3. $3.49

William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet.W/S.AC-3. $4.04

The Apple Dumpling Gang. $3.99

The Professionals. $3.24

Deadly Possession. $3.99

Suture. $4.99

Uninvited. $3.24

The Mirror Has Two Faces. W/S. $2.47