Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-06-2016, 03:29 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Didn't know where else to post this...maybe gaming...whatever.
I *am* thinking about it, so...

I recently bought this thing a guy threw together called a "micro cade", for those who know what this kind of thing is, it's somehow built off Raspberry Pii?

Anyways, it's a "console" for lack of a better term.
It has two super nintento style controllers, and HDMI connectivity for use on modern TVS, it displays in a square window but in 720.

On it, is pre loaded Sega game gear, SG1000, master system, mega drive (genesis), NES, Super NES, turbo grafx 16, gameboy/colour, gameboy advance, commodore 64, arcade M.A.M.E, Atari 2600 7800 and lynx, and a few more.

...seems like, there's every game for many of those consoles on there.
On my tv, with wired controllers, just like they should be.
It's the dream emulator.

That is all.
Sounds fantastic. A lot of those older consoles had games that captured the simple fun of early arcade games.

Does it play any Odyssey 2 games?

Old 02-06-2016, 07:14 PM
That fucking Guy...

I don't think I saw that on the list. I'm unfamiliar.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Evil Dead

Speaking of gaming, I just beat Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the 6th time. I haven't played it since I was 11. Zelda and Mario games are pretty much the only games I'm good at, and I love playing them. Getting a little nostalgic since these were the games of my childhood
Old 02-07-2016, 02:26 AM
That fucking Guy...

I have never actually played twilight princess.
The closest game I have played to that one is...the kind of cel shaded one that was on gamecube I think?
You sailed around a lot in it.
I also played one for the DS a little while ago...quite good, if not a bit gimmicky with the DS stick thing.

Have you ever had a look at the Zelda games before that?
I mean I'm not talking about going right back into the NES era - though there's no shortage of fans for those titles either.

But SNES had just this excellent Zelda game "Links awakening" on it.
Top down like the original was, in fact I suppose you could say it was a "nex gen" sequel to the original in that respect.
It's the one that many people still regard as the best Zelda game ever.

Another one that's stepping back in time a bit was the one that came out when I was in my teens on the N64 - Ocarina of Time.
Of course, early 3d games don't fare so well when it comes back to looking at them aesthetically...but really, REALLY an excellent game. I can't say enough good things about it.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:06 AM
Evil Dead

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hplqt.jpg (25.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I have never actually played twilight princess.
The closest game I have played to that one is...the kind of cel shaded one that was on gamecube I think?
You sailed around a lot in it.
I also played one for the DS a little while ago...quite good, if not a bit gimmicky with the DS stick thing.

Have you ever had a look at the Zelda games before that?
I mean I'm not talking about going right back into the NES era - though there's no shortage of fans for those titles either.

But SNES had just this excellent Zelda game "Links awakening" on it.
Top down like the original was, in fact I suppose you could say it was a "nex gen" sequel to the original in that respect.
It's the one that many people still regard as the best Zelda game ever.

Another one that's stepping back in time a bit was the one that came out when I was in my teens on the N64 - Ocarina of Time.
Of course, early 3d games don't fare so well when it comes back to looking at them aesthetically...but really, REALLY an excellent game. I can't say enough good things about it.
I've played them all multiple times. Wind Waker was the one on Gamecube, and the one on the DS was Phantom hourglass. Link's Awakening was on the original Game Boy.

On another note, why the hell did Coldplay get chosen to play at the Super Bowl? In past years we've had Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Paul McCartney, Prince, Michael Jackson, Madonna and The Rolling Stones, and they are some of the best in the business. They scream Super Bowl Halftime show. But Coldplay? That's more suited for "depressing slow song at the junior prom."
Old 02-07-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I've played them all multiple times. Wind Waker was the one on Gamecube, and the one on the DS was Phantom hourglass. Link's Awakening was on the original Game Boy.

On another note, why the hell did Coldplay get chosen to play at the Super Bowl? In past years we've had Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Paul McCartney, Prince, Michael Jackson, Madonna and The Rolling Stones, and they are some of the best in the business. They scream Super Bowl Halftime show. But Coldplay? That's more suited for "depressing slow song at the junior prom."
Just watched a bit of the half-time show. Coldplay seemed well received and I thought they did well. Not a particular fan of them though. My tablet autocorrected coldplay to.you guessed it..foreplay. Sorry, for using that word in a post answering one of your posts, hc.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:38 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
Just watched a bit of the half-time show. Coldplay seemed well received and I thought they did well. Not a particular fan of them though. My tablet autocorrected coldplay to.you guessed it..foreplay. Sorry, for using that word in a post answering one of your posts, hc.
foreplay

Ya, coldplay was an odd choice. Akin to hiring Air Supply. They did a decent job, and people could keep their nap on.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
foreplay

Ya, coldplay was an odd choice. Akin to hiring Air Supply. They did a decent job, and people could keep their nap on.
Lol, I just feel like an old perv using that word in a post to someone younger. I'd do the same thing with Anglewitch.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:38 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
Lol, I just feel like an old perv using that word in a post to someone younger. I'd do the same thing with Anglewitch.
I think foreplay would have made the half time show a lot more interesting.