Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilnEdee
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
I agree. I love the over-the-top style fantasy Kung-Fu, be it comedy or serious. Love Hero & House of Flying Daggers. Have yet to see Shaolin Soccer, but I really want to.
You should check out some of the Shaw Brothers classics...the 5 Deadly Venoms, the Kid with Golden Arm...thos emovies totally rock.
Horror:
Hostel-hated it, so many love it, I just cannot stand it
Wolf Creek-I think the way it was packaged as true events really ruined this one for me...not scary at all-well the stupidity level of some of the victims was scary
Mainstream:
Titanic----lord help me
Old 11-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Smack My Titties

Quote:
Good thing this isn't the "argue with people about their taste" thread. Oh, and since when is "British" and argument for a quality movie?

For me a big one that people always tell me I'm wrong about is Jackass 1 & 2. Everytime I tell people I hated those I get the obligatory "it's the funniest movie ever" responses.

I say Hellraiser is a rare film which is British, very good and successful, and these things together make it stand out from the crowd. The Descent by comparison is only British and (fairly) successful.

The come-on of the thread is to argue (against the masses) that a film thought good, is not.

:)
Old 11-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
You should check out some of the Shaw Brothers classics...the 5 Deadly Venoms, the Kid with Golden Arm...thos emovies totally rock.
I've seen 5 Deadly Venoms and loved it. I'll definately get The Kid With the Golden Arm and check it out.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Good thing this isn't the "argue with people about their taste" thread. Oh, and since when is "British" and argument for a quality movie? ;)

For me a big one that people always tell me I'm wrong about is Jackass 1 & 2. Everytime I tell people I hated those I get the obligatory "it's the funniest movie ever" responses.
Personally I think they are the most POINTLESS movies ever. I'm with you.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3SSUR3 View Post
I say Hellraiser is a rare film which is British, very good and successful, and these things together make it stand out from the crowd. The Descent by comparison is only British and (fairly) successful.

The come-on of the thread is to argue (against the masses) that a film thought good, is not.

i saw the thread as asking - what movies you should like - most of your peers do - - but for some reason you cant.

i've only heard one other person say they dont like The Beyond .. ever ..

i know it must have some merit - i just struggle with it :)
Old 11-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renob View Post
I had read tons of good things about"Candyman" so I bought the dvd before ever seeing the movie. The movie was terrible....I thought it was so bad that I got drunk and took a shit on the dvd b/c I was so aggravated about buying it. No joke.
Reading your posts make my eyes physically hurt, congrats.

Speaking of 5 Deadly Venoms, I LOVED it but haven't seen the sequel, how is it?

Another overrated movie IN MY OPINION, let's see, Million Dollar Baby.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Smack My Titties

I love the Jackass films, and TV show.

It seems those who dig it are genuinely impressed by the team's health-risking stunts (some of which are very funny), and those who don't see it as plain stupid, dangerous and pointless. But we laugh with them, not at them - I think the Jackass team have an infectious sense of fun, unlike others such as Dirty Sanchez who are just gross-out and quite disgusting.

Steve-O being graphically shit on while asleep in his PCP Saved My Life is outrageously, sniggeringly funny, not disgusting.

Threads like this always end up as attack/defence discussions.

:p
Old 11-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Threads like this always end up as attack/defence discussions.

:p

they shouldnt though ..

sometimes i'm puzzled when people dont like something i thought impossible not to like, and vise versa - but then all i have to do is remember that there are things i hate most other people love ..

no rights or wrongs to get your backs up about ..

unless you tell me you dont like The Grudge .. then you're fucked !! :D

Last edited by urgeok; 11-25-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
What are some popular, loved movies that you just do not like or can't get into.
Seems to me like the come-on of this thread was to simply list movies that are acclaimed by critics or fellow movie lovers that you simply didn't like. Nothing to defend, just a taste issue. Why turn it into a fight? I'm glad you love movies other people hate and I'm happy for you because you seem to be able to reach into movies and pull some nugget of joy from many of them but I'm not going to argue my choices because this isn't the thread for it. Make a movie debate thread if you want to argue, otherwise simply list some movies most people liked that you didn't.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Smack My Titties

I do not see any fighting, however I do see some lists of films without any explanation as to why they fail a particular person.

Since this doesn't seem to have much point other than typing in titles of movies, I think putting forward valid reasons to the contrary is OK. Who knows, perhaps then a retort might start to give some insight into what could be wrong with that particular film from a different point of view?

:cool: :cool: :cool: