Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-31-2013, 02:26 PM
The Jackal

A Song of Fire and Ice

So it seems we have a good amount of people who like the A Song of Fire and Ice book series and the Game of Thrones television series. So... Do we have a discussion thread for this here or can we? If so then where is it or where can it go.

www.youtube.com/thedeadarewatching
Old 01-03-2014, 03:51 AM
HDC Idol

I'll move to the book forum. :)

Haven't read the books but I've heard nothing but good things. I love the series.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:30 PM
The Jackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I'll move to the book forum. :)

Haven't read the books but I've heard nothing but good things. I love the series.
Thank you :) and oh yes yes yes! read you some books! It is a great series so far that really peaks in the third book. Also they did a lot of character swapping in the TV series and I think you may like the true nature of the characters a little more. Though, with that said, the Game of Thrones tv series is excellent and it was interesting to see the same things play out in a slightly different manner. I'd have to say that my two favorite characters are the Hound and Arya Stark. I'd love to know other peoples' favorites!

Last edited by Tahrgat; 01-03-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:03 AM
Evil Dead

I've only read the first three, but they are awesome. So many characters, houses, locations, back history. It's seriously helpful to use some of the online resources like A Wiki of Ice and Fire, and a good map is essential (the ones in the books are too simple). Watch out for spoilers!

BTW, it's A Song of Ice and Fire.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:03 AM
The Jackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I've only read the first three, but they are awesome. So many characters, houses, locations, back history. It's seriously helpful to use some of the online resources like A Wiki of Ice and Fire, and a good map is essential (the ones in the books are too simple). Watch out for spoilers!

BTW, it's A Song of Ice and Fire.
Pffffft!.... hmmm well after reading 5 books you'd think I have hammered that out by know... >.< Hey, if anyone who is reading this is capable of switching that around for me in the title then please do :3

Old 01-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Evil Dead

Nah, not a fan of the books or the show, just not my thing. Haha.

Seriously though, I've seen the first two seasons and bits of the third (don't have HBO) and I'm about halfway through the first book, though I keep getting sidetracked. Oh and, I'm not sure if I should admit this, but I've cosplayed three of Dany's outfits so far and yes, I made the costumes by hand.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:33 AM
The Jackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post

Seriously though, I've seen the first two seasons and bits of the third (don't have HBO) and I'm about halfway through the first book, though I keep getting sidetracked. Oh and, I'm not sure if I should admit this, but I've cosplayed three of Dany's outfits so far and yes, I made the costumes by hand.
That's pretty cool. You must have some talent. I took Home Ec in high school so I know first hand how hard sowing cloths together from scratch is. My wife's favorite character is Daenerys as well. Her only real character fault is that sometimes she can be too good in situations where problems could be easily solved in less savory ways. But those principles are what makes her story arc so interesting after all.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:21 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post

Ok. Seriously geeking out over that. I love Cosplay but never put in the time to learn to craft my own gear. Missmacabre is our resident Cosplayer; love her pics!

Post some if you have 'em!

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Ok. Seriously geeking out over that. I love Cosplay but never put in the time to learn to craft my own gear. Missmacabre is our resident Cosplayer; love her pics!

Post some if you have 'em!
Yeah, I'm a crazy cosplay nerd. I started taking sewing lessons last spring and never looked back. Currently I'm working on some LOTR cosplays and making armor for a Loki cosplay. Here's a pic of me this summer as Dany in one of her Season Two outfits. And before you ask, no, I did not make the dragon myself, but I commissioned a very talented sculpture to make the prop for me.

And here's the link to my DeviantArt Gallery if you want to see my other Daenerys cosplays. http://celticbard76.deviantart.com/gallery/38679610

Tahrgat: I agree. Daenerys is sometimes good to a fault, although I still think she has a nice mix of smarts and genuine compassion that could make her a very powerful leader.

Besides Dany, I also like the Lannisters, well, mainly Jaime and Tyrion. What about you? Which House do you favor?

Last edited by Khaleesi; 01-08-2014 at 09:40 AM.