Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Evil Dead

When a Stranger call (2006)

Well, What I find odd that, It took me 3 times to see The original in full but this remake, watched in one full sitting.

So the start of original movie as expected for most of the movie, we also get little story of murder before and then Girl ends up baby sitting we also get she little bit about self before she goes into the house.

While she was house for first 15 mins with walking around with some noise here and there, I thought there were some decent suspens moment there but then when Friends end ups breaking in, with out even knowing.

After the movie kind of lost suspense it had and just got little boring until the latter part of the movie, when things start to happen and I do think Music should have been added to those scenes, It kinda took the esge of those scenes away.

Well the last scenes from the movie were really pointless and didn't really add anything to the movie, only one lame scace scene was not even real.

The acting was not great but it more then watch -able, so it not really bad.

I had some mixed feeling the original, I didn't think was great but still better then remake which also had it moment here and there.

4 out of 10
Old 06-02-2013, 10:37 AM
For Vendetta

Name says it all.

* * * ½
Old 06-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Evil Dead

"Sinister" (2012)
-Ethan Hawke

Plot: IMDB
A true-crime writer finds a cache of 8mm home movies films that suggest the murder he is currently researching is the work of a serial killer whose career dates back to the 1960s.

Phantom's Review: Well made, entertaining film. Fine performances from the cast and the director creates a very "classic" spooky atmosphere (dark stormy nights, thunder and Lighting etc) The plot is interesting and never boring and there are a few good BOO scenes. My only complaints about the film are 1) I thought the music sucked awfully. It got on my nerves. and 2) (this might be considered a spoiler, so be warned) this is one of those horror films were the bad guys win at the end, and to be honest , I'm getting a little bored by that. It's no longer shocking. (end spoiler)
Outside of that, this is a decent film.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Little Boo

I saw Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters last night. I recommend it for both horror and fairy tale fans as it mixes the two. Really, when you think about fairy tales in general, they're mostly pretty gruesome to begin with. I saw the unrated version, BTW. It was pretty gory, almost like watching a Hostel film.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrobin62 View Post
I saw Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters last night. I recommend it for both horror and fairy tale fans as it mixes the two. Really, when you think about fairy tales in general, they're mostly pretty gruesome to begin with. I saw the unrated version, BTW. It was pretty gory, almost like watching a Hostel film.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Evil Dead

Sorry wrong thread!

Last edited by The Horror fan; 06-03-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:04 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

^ LArry Talbot is a bit of a creep - that telescope scene was a bit out of order.

The Purge

Very interesting concept that they didn't totally fuck up. In the near future they have a yearly event when all crime is legal for 24 hours. They could have concentrated a little more on the problems this creates but they opted for the most part in giving us a typical home invasion scenario. Star Trek fans might be reminded of "The Return of the Archons" episode.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:56 AM
HDC's old chick

The Thing (2011)

I enjoyed it. Didn't consider it to be a remake, more of a prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:34 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post

The Purge

Very interesting concept that they didn't totally fuck up. In the near future they have a yearly event when all crime is legal for 24 hours. They could have concentrated a little more on the problems this creates but they opted for the most part in giving us a typical home invasion scenario. Star Trek fans might be reminded of "The Return of the Archons" episode.

Hm... bummer about the storyline.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Horror Fan

Cool Air (2006)

Decent adaptation of the Lovecraft short story, but could have been much, much better. Bad sound editing made some dialogue impossible to hear. Reminded me of some of those old Full Moon low-budget films.

2.5 out of 5 stars.

Cloud Atlas (2012)

Prepare to do some thinking....and to have the urge to shut off the movie at least once.

3 out of 4 stars.

Tags
movie