Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I go to the gym every Sunday as well as some quite hard physical work at Fire Cadets on Thursdays.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsneverover View Post
Eh Im overweight but Im a happy guy as long as I have a roof over my head & food in my stomach.
I'm with you. :D
Old 06-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Unless you are unhealthily overweight (which you aren't FC) you shouldn't be dieting at your age.

Zero is right, just being more active is the way to go

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 06-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
i am blessed with the best metabolism ever. i can eat whatever i want and stay the same weight.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
i am blessed with the best metabolism ever. i can eat whatever i want and stay the same weight.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:08 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Congrats Ferret - nothing feels better than getting rid of unwanted pounds.

I used to be somewhat overweight; not dangerously so, but far from where I should have been. Lost about 35-40 pounds last year, then built about 10-15 back in muscle. Never been in better shape in my life.

I don't bother with the whole "diet" thing, just try to eat with common sense. Avoid too much fat/grease, and go for lots of protein, fibre and vitamins. Mostly I just try to keep active though...I'm at the gym almost everyday. I tend to do more cardio than weights/resistance but I try for at least 30 minutes of each a day, alternating muscle groups.

Re-reading what I just typed makes me sound like some kind of body builder...far from it. Still eat more crap than I should and I've got the metabolism of a sloth, so even a couple days away from the gym takes its toll. Given how often I'm there I probably should be in way better shape then I actually am...but hey, I'm content to be a work in progress.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
I don't bother with the whole "diet" thing, just try to eat with common sense..

Way better than a diet and easier to maintain..
Old 06-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post

I don't bother with the whole "diet" thing, just try to eat with common sense. Avoid too much fat/grease, and go for lots of protein, fibre and vitamins.
Essentially that's what I'm doing. The site allows me to keep check on the nutritional content of my food. Make sure I don't go over my fat content (59g per day apparently), try to keep my protein and fibre as high as possible whilst at the same time not going overboard on calories.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Essentially that's what I'm doing. The site allows me to keep check on the nutritional content of my food. Make sure I don't go over my fat content (59g per day apparently), try to keep my protein and fibre as high as possible whilst at the same time not going overboard on calories.
that sounds good.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:58 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
that sounds good.
The only trouble is I'm not sure if I'm going to struggle to stop. I mean, whilst I'm keeping my nutrition levels up I'm still losing weight because my overall calories that I'm allowing myself are a tiny bit lower than my body wants and to be honest, I'm still struggling to meet that quota. I think when I reach my target weight sustaining it will be the problem. Although considering that I've essentially "graduated" high school now I'll have a lot more free time, time which I could spend down the gym.

The Ferrets like it...