Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-19-2010, 06:52 AM
That fucking Guy...

I think you may be thinking more along the lines of a "donner kebab"?
Adana kebabs are seldom greasy at all. Lean-ish minced lamb or beef cooked on a stick over hot coals, served on/in oven baked turkish bread with lots of fresh salads: http://www.julietmae.com/product_ima...bab%20urfa.JPG that kinda thing.
Yeah "kebabs" though...are pretty hit and miss, and more miss than hit...cheap quality products, poor instore hygeine, processed meats...yech. If you get a good quality one they can be great, but there's so many shitty stores selling them.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Definitely Indian food is the best, my personal tastes run to the hotter end of the scale to the madras and vindaloos (never been brave enough to try phal's though) accompanied by mushroom pilau.

Always got to have a peshwari naan on the side and started with a load of poppadums with mango chutneys. Lovelyness incarcerated!

Korma's and Bhuna's are very mild, my wife hates spicy food but she loves korma which is like a creamy coconut taste, really nice. I challenge Mrs Newb to try a korma and I believe she would love it.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 06-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
@Cheebs - I think it mainly comes down to my hatred of onions. I don't know what it is but if they're anything but finely chopped and unnoticable then I can't handle them. Could be the flavour, could be the texture but either way, bleugh.

I sometimes go for a Madras but I think that if the heat is more noticeable and more on my focus than the flavour then I'm not enjoying it. That's why I stick with Tikka Masalas mostly. Dad's a Phal man, apparently Vindaloos don't cut it anymore.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-19-2010, 12:17 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Just give me a smear of that saag paneer, right over here. And serve me twice that basmati rice, it's so darn nice.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 06-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
And then there's the pappadums and their mouth watering Mango Chutney (fuck the other dips, Mango Chutney is GOD).

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-19-2010, 04:42 PM
That fucking Guy...

What about the pickle type things?
The sour/green mango pickle I love, and the gongura leaf one, awesome.
They only generally sell those at the shops though...
Old 06-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Banned

damn....you guys are really making me crave Indian food....and I've never had it
Old 06-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
damn....you guys are really making me crave Indian food....and I've never had it
It is easily one of the best cuisines you can try. Screw Thai, Fuck Chinese, hell, I'd even blow off Sushi for Indian.

When we go to the Indian the dips that usually come with papadums are Mango Chutney, some creamy dip which is a bit minty, a very acquired tasting Lime Pickle and just red onions on their own to be mixed with any of the dips.

I also used to be more of a Bombay Aloo (spicy boiled potatoes) person, but I've since started going for Saag Aloo (same thing but with spinach). And of course, Scouse is right, Peshwari Naan completes it all (coconut naan bread).

I'd be interested to hear from V or Roshiq in particular on the matter, I'd be interested to see how standard these things actually are in genuine Indian cuisine or are they like Crumpets - seen as being typically English but we rarely tend to actually have them.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-20-2010, 02:16 AM
For Vendetta

I can only wonder what would happen to you all if you actually made a field trip to India and had some of those dishes at someone's home (like mine), instead of the stuff they churn out at restaurants, cafes and hotels wherever you are.

I hate restaurant stuff. Homemade Indian food is the best, specially when the females in your family are kickass cooks. The spices, masalas and the thickening, boiling, greasing, technical aspects of cooking, etc. are always done in the right proportion and near to perfection.

North Indians tend to have their food a bit more soft-boiled and coarse. South Indians make it too spicy and hot. The Central Indians - people living in West Bengal, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra & Gujarat...the central belt of India - usually have the near-perfect Indian cuisine. Its yummy, its healthy and its very easily digestible.

Not to mention the very best of homemade pickles, marmalades and sauces.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

I definitely do want to try it in a real setting made in a real situation. Nom nom nom, just the thought of it is covering my keyboard in drool.

And that's interesting about how the scale of heat seems to grow from North to South.

The Ferrets like it...